Old Yesterday, 01:45 AM
Find More Posts by Stuka_99
Callsign: Zulu
Somewhere in the skies!
Joined Feb 2011
781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylimiter View Post
Yea, I have my led's wired that way. Works great!
Thanks mate I was getting worried no one ever tried this! I hate being a guinea pig haha!
Stuka_99 is offline Find More Posts by Stuka_99
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:45 AM
Find More Posts by betibeau
Belgium, Walloon Region, Waterloo
Joined May 2010
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBaronFPV View Post
Hoping someone can help me. Finished my build and no matter what Ive tried, I cannot get the thing to arm.

Using cleanflight with KISS 18a esc, one shot enabled, cobra 2204/1960. I have tried literally everything. I have tied to a switch and its within parameters, The esc;s have been calibrated through the board. I have played with throttle values and min command. I am happy to provide anything I can if someone has any ideas, let me know what you would need to see and I can share pertinent values.

This build is completely done and Im dying to fly the thing, but without being able to arm, Im stuck.. Help!!
I have got the same issue. I have taken 2 actions to get it work. Reload cleanflight or baseflight AND adjust the throttle very precisely to the boundaries (also trim the throttle thru your radio). The middle point must be at ZERO and the extreme tp -1000 +1000. Good luck. You can also try to trim the throttle down via the physical cursor on the radio.
betibeau is offline Find More Posts by betibeau
Old Yesterday, 04:19 AM
Find More Posts by balbs
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2005
1,446 Posts
I got mine to arm by lowering the endpoint on the radio itself. If I recall correctly, get it so that Cleanflight will see a minimum of around 990 or lower in the radio setup tab.
balbs is online now Find More Posts by balbs
Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM
Find More Posts by RedBaronFPV
Check Your Six.
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined May 2011
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by betibeau View Post
I have got the same issue. I have taken 2 actions to get it work. Reload cleanflight or baseflight AND adjust the throttle very precisely to the boundaries (also trim the throttle thru your radio). The middle point must be at ZERO and the extreme tp -1000 +1000. Good luck. You can also try to trim the throttle down via the physical cursor on the radio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balbs View Post
I got mine to arm by lowering the endpoint on the radio itself. If I recall correctly, get it so that Cleanflight will see a minimum of around 990 or lower in the radio setup tab.
Thanks guys, by lower throttle trim by 3 clicks down, it finally armed. Now I have a couple other issues I have to figure out.

OK, someone please help me understand if I have this right.
When I throttle up, only 1 motor starts, then slowly a few others will start to spin. I have calibrated all 4 of them in cleanflight by going to min_command=1980 then min_command at 1090. I tried min command at 1050 and spin up seems worse.

Anyway, how do I determine min throttle exactly. Set it at a point where all motors spin up? In this case, I had moved to 1090 min_throttle then does min_command just get set to match min_throttle? Or have I done something wrong?

In cleanflight, when using master slider, all motors spin up the same, however, when using my radio, they dont spin up the same at all, not really even close at all.

Lastly, Im using KISS esc's and Im noticing the rear back motor seems to have a brake enabled somehow, it stops instantly, where as the back left, slows to a stop, I think front left is doing the same braking thing. How can I resolve this? Ugh..

Thanks in advance, really want to get this thing in the air, if I can ever resolve these throttle issues.
RedBaronFPV is online now Find More Posts by RedBaronFPV
Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM
Find More Posts by balbs
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2005
1,446 Posts
I used the calibration method described on this site which helped me.

http://blog.oscarliang.net/cleanflig...sc_calibration
balbs is online now Find More Posts by balbs
Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM
Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Apr 2012
432 Posts
Can anybody tell me what i am doing wrong? new to quads, about to tear into naze 32 instructorials. Cant tell if its a fc or esc issue

Naze 32 bear hug, zmr, frsky, build issue (0 min 55 sec)
Jon.M.Barter is online now Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Old Today, 01:11 AM
Find More Posts by Tripod81
Joined Nov 2014
152 Posts
Delete
Tripod81 is offline Find More Posts by Tripod81
Last edited by Tripod81; Today at 01:25 AM.
Old Today, 02:23 AM
Find More Posts by betibeau
Belgium, Walloon Region, Waterloo
Joined May 2010
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBaronFPV View Post
Thanks guys, by lower throttle trim by 3 clicks down, it finally armed. Now I have a couple other issues I have to figure out.

OK, someone please help me understand if I have this right.
When I throttle up, only 1 motor starts, then slowly a few others will start to spin. I have calibrated all 4 of them in cleanflight by going to min_command=1980 then min_command at 1090. I tried min command at 1050 and spin up seems worse.

Anyway, how do I determine min throttle exactly. Set it at a point where all motors spin up? In this case, I had moved to 1090 min_throttle then does min_command just get set to match min_throttle? Or have I done something wrong?

In cleanflight, when using master slider, all motors spin up the same, however, when using my radio, they dont spin up the same at all, not really even close at all.

Lastly, Im using KISS esc's and Im noticing the rear back motor seems to have a brake enabled somehow, it stops instantly, where as the back left, slows to a stop, I think front left is doing the same braking thing. How can I resolve this? Ugh..

Thanks in advance, really want to get this thing in the air, if I can ever resolve these throttle issues.
It seems to me the calibration of esc is not done correctly. DO NOT touch Min & MAX in cleanflight, DO NOT use physical trim of the radio (except to find the issue). Now that the issue is determined (THRO not loww enough), put back the THRO to normal position (ie. 3 click counter side) and adjust the THRO via the substrim of the radio. To calibrate esc just follow the easiest known procedure, ie.
Naze32 ESC calibration - Baseflight GUI (0 min 45 sec)
. Enjoy.
betibeau is offline Find More Posts by betibeau
Old Today, 03:00 AM
Find More Posts by Exploding Fist
Don't drink and fly
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined May 2012
670 Posts
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the 'Armed' color from blue to something else for LED strips? I tried changing the color blue (10) to the RGB value or Red, but it doesn't appear to use that setting.

I'd like to be able to change the flight colors without losing the ability to change colors based on armed state for safety reasons.
Exploding Fist is offline Find More Posts by Exploding Fist
Old Today, 04:51 AM
Find More Posts by joaodrp
Joined Jan 2015
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the 'Armed' color from blue to something else for LED strips? I tried changing the color blue (10) to the RGB value or Red, but it doesn't appear to use that setting.

I'd like to be able to change the flight colors without losing the ability to change colors based on armed state for safety reasons.

I changed mine to red in the cleanflight code and then build and flash it.
joaodrp is online now Find More Posts by joaodrp
Old Today, 09:08 AM
Find More Posts by Exploding Fist
Don't drink and fly
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined May 2012
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaodrp View Post
I changed mine to red in the cleanflight code and then build and flash it.
Yeah I just found the code area that handles that. Not a great solution if you want to change your flight colors when flying with others though. I've opened a feature request.
Exploding Fist is offline Find More Posts by Exploding Fist