Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Mar 28, 2013, 02:58 PM
Joined Mar 2013
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
I have recently had the same problem, albeit with a very old #11 running the latest firmware.
At last I think the problem is the opposite... Old firmware with new hardware (my key cam is this http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=9720)

Quote:
If everything fails, I would contact your seller for a replacement
[would you contact the seller for me? in this case the seller is http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53...uk/eletech086]

This is the second key cam that seller sent me after the first one that had the same problem in january... and I just received it yesterday!

Its very sad... I have to send it back again? It took 2 month last time...
macaseno is offline Find More Posts by macaseno
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2013, 01:07 AM
France, Ile-de-France, Rambouillet
Joined Dec 2008
308 Posts
Hi empeabee and Isoprop,

Thank you for the answer. I will buy a #16. It is prety that there is not a simple and robust possibility to debug this type of camera.

Yours,
Georges
Georges41 is offline Find More Posts by Georges41
Old Mar 29, 2013, 03:15 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,420 Posts
Hi Georges

The #16 is a big improvement - much nicer to use. I still have a #11 but I consider it 'disposable' now!

As an aside there are new versions of the keyfob coming along very shortly that are slightly larger/heavier but will give higher quality ... including the option of 60 fps. E.g.

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/C26/index.html

So you might want to wait a couple of weeks for one of them (depending on cost etc.). They say the #16 will remain in production though.
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Mar 29, 2013, 08:47 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
Hi Georges

The #16 is a big improvement - much nicer to use. I still have a #11 but I consider it 'disposable' now!

As an aside there are new versions of the keyfob coming along very shortly that are slightly larger/heavier but will give higher quality ... including the option of 60 fps. E.g.

So you might want to wait a couple of weeks for one of them (depending on cost etc.). They say the #16 will remain in production though.
No information about if it will come with AV out ... but it is looking interesting

I see #18 prices are dropping already ...
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Mar 29, 2013, 01:05 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macaseno View Post
At last I think the problem is the opposite... Old firmware with new hardware (my key cam is this http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=9720)

[would you contact the seller for me? in this case the seller is http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53...uk/eletech086]

This is the second key cam that seller sent me after the first one that had the same problem in january... and I just received it yesterday!

Its very sad... I have to send it back again? It took 2 month last time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
Hi Georges

I'm sorry, but I have no relationship with your supplier so can't possibly contact him on your behalf .

I think the problem could be with the new GUI firmware versions. I never had problems with the old, non GUI versions and regret I updated all my old #11s. The new firmware is much better configuration-wise, but pretty useless if it destroys cards and bricks itself.

I know it's no help, but it seems a good number of others have also had problems with this camera so, in the long-run, have to agree with Bill Glover until these problems are fixed.

Tom has mentioned the #16 developer also has a new 1080p in the pipeline, so it may be a better choice than the #26. We'll see when these new generation cameras vaporise. There's no point in speculating.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Mar 30, 2013, 01:02 AM
Thatsright I drankthe rum
USA, MN, Robbinsdale
Joined May 2006
1,277 Posts
please excuse if this is not the perfect place to post this
but I just want a good 720 for basic movies off my small plane
audio is not required (if I have a choice )
I like the look of this on and it is from an ""approved"" vendor (post #2)
but beyond that ? i am lost
please inform me as to performance if you can
yes I know the betterones are coming but I just wanted a cheap good
camera for small plane...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINI-Car-Key...item25699062be

or is this one lots better ?
http://www.sourcingplaza.com/808-car...py-camera.html
K9000wner is offline Find More Posts by K9000wner
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by K9000wner; Mar 30, 2013 at 01:16 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 05:20 AM
Joined Mar 2013
4 Posts
Quote:
I think the problem could be with the new GUI firmware versions. I never had problems with the old, non GUI versions and regret I updated all my old #11s. The new firmware is much better configuration-wise, but pretty useless if it destroys cards and bricks itself.
Thanks Isoprop... but at last i didn't know (and I still don't know) which firware is istalled. The key cam broke when i tested just out of the box, it was brand new.... and i can't istall another fimware because the key cam is completely died... however... :-)

I contacted the seller saying him if i can change the key cam with another model (number #18 seems to have much solid firmware)... do you think i'm doing the right choice? what do you recommend? I bought from eletech086 and him have more products... i can pay the difference. i would to know which key cam do what i want:
-record in 720p (minimum) [1080p it would be interesting but not required]
-the same dimension and forms of model #11
-and it's very important can save the whole video when battery run out (don't mind if splitted or entire)

and of course don't broke just when i try it... :-)

thanks a lot
macaseno is offline Find More Posts by macaseno
Old Mar 30, 2013, 12:14 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macaseno View Post
Thanks Isoprop... but at last i didn't know (and I still don't know) which firware is istalled. The key cam broke when i tested just out of the box, it was brand new.... and i can't istall another fimware because the key cam is completely died... however... :-)

I contacted the seller saying him if i can change the key cam with another model (number #18 seems to have much solid firmware)... do you think i'm doing the right choice? what do you recommend? I bought from eletech086 and him have more products... i can pay the difference. i would to know which key cam do what i want:
-record in 720p (minimum) [1080p it would be interesting but not required]
-the same dimension and forms of model #11
-and it's very important can save the whole video when battery run out (don't mind if splitted or entire)

and of course don't broke just when i try it... :-)

thanks a lot
The #18 is identical to the #11! I can only recommend the #16 until the low-battery bug is solved. Unfortunately your seller doesn't stock the #16 because it's from his competitor. Maybe ask your seller to fully test your camera when the battery dies before he sends it to you. I'm afraid I don't have any other advice, it's just a very unsatisfactory situation.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Mar 30, 2013, 12:27 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,233 Posts
My #11 today just decided on his own to shut down after 4m10s of video

Battery should not be that low .. and it was not that cold outside, (+3 deg, so above the freezing) ... any idea?

At least it was not a total fail, but I lost over 50% of my test video
Old Mar 30, 2013, 01:32 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
My #11 today just decided on his own to shut down after 4m10s of video

Battery should not be that low .. and it was not that cold outside, (+3 deg, so above the freezing) ... any idea?

At least it was not a total fail, but I lost over 50% of my test video
That's still too cold for a normal duration from a lipo cell. Your battery may also be wearing out. It may charge to essentially full voltage, but cannot maintain voltage as well as it delivers current due to internal cell plating which increase internal resistance.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Mar 30, 2013, 05:13 PM
not running for the exercise
Joined Jan 2011
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9000wner View Post
please excuse if this is not the perfect place to post this
but I just want a good 720 for basic movies off my small plane
audio is not required (if I have a choice )
I like the look of this on and it is from an ""approved"" vendor (post #2)
but beyond that ? i am lost
please inform me as to performance if you can
yes I know the betterones are coming but I just wanted a cheap good
camera for small plane...

or is this one lots better ?
http://www.sourcingplaza.com/808-car...py-camera.html
Neither of the two cameras you've linked to are 720p, they are lower resolution.

There are several genuine 720p models available, but they are more money than the two SD cameras you've listed, so have a look at Chuck Lohr's website where he lists your options.

I personally like the #16.
airmob is offline Find More Posts by airmob
Old Mar 30, 2013, 05:36 PM
Canada, ON, Lakeshore
Joined Nov 2007
129 Posts
Lighter weight camera?

I've got the key chain camera and weight is about 16g. I'm looking for something about 8g to put on a Hubsan X4. I was hoping someone here might know of something.

Thanks,
Fred
fredle is offline Find More Posts by fredle
Old Mar 30, 2013, 05:58 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredle View Post
I've got the key chain camera and weight is about 16g. I'm looking for something about 8g to put on a Hubsan X4. I was hoping someone here might know of something.

Thanks,
Fred
Just look the previous pages of this thread, and you will see how to light up the #11 on a X4

Old Mar 30, 2013, 06:08 PM
Canada, ON, Lakeshore
Joined Nov 2007
129 Posts
Oh - cool!

Thanks,
Fred
fredle is offline Find More Posts by fredle
Old Mar 31, 2013, 02:47 AM
Thatsright I drankthe rum
USA, MN, Robbinsdale
Joined May 2006
1,277 Posts
thanks airmob

still confused as I thought ...
Video Format : AVI
Video Encode : M-JPEG
Video Resolution: 720*480. ****************

Video Frame Rate: 30 fps

that was what I was looking for...
didnt want to spend 40-50$ on #16 / #16v2
perhaps someone wants to tradeup ...let a good #3/#11 go?

just for kicks can anyone Identify ....

Thanks for you r help
K9000wner is offline Find More Posts by K9000wner
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread