Thanks Wrench!
the.ronin is offline Find More Posts by the.ronin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2015, 05:35 PM
Find More Posts by bmoorthamers
Joined Oct 2012
150 Posts
Hi guys,

I have not used the Accucel 6 before but it doesn't seem to work well and I'm wondering if the error lies with the charger, the power supply or myself. The charging rate is stuck at 0.1A, regardless of what I put in (e.g. 2.2 for a 2200mAh, 5 for 5000mAh, etc). I have tried two regular computer power supplies. The obvious answer would be the power supplies are too weak, but is that even possible, only 0.1A? I'm not sure if I'm reading the PSU labels correctly but one says 14A for +12V1, 15A for +12V2 (what is the distinction?) and the other is 18A for 12V. I run my 3D printer with one of them so I have a hard time believing they're not strong enough.

So what am I doing wrong?
Thanks a lot!

Bruno
bmoorthamers is online now Find More Posts by bmoorthamers
Old Jun 17, 2015, 06:11 PM
Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoorthamers View Post
Hi guys,

I have not used the Accucel 6 before but it doesn't seem to work well and I'm wondering if the error lies with the charger, the power supply or myself. The charging rate is stuck at 0.1A, regardless of what I put in (e.g. 2.2 for a 2200mAh, 5 for 5000mAh, etc). I have tried two regular computer power supplies. The obvious answer would be the power supplies are too weak, but is that even possible, only 0.1A? I'm not sure if I'm reading the PSU labels correctly but one says 14A for +12V1, 15A for +12V2 (what is the distinction?) and the other is 18A for 12V. I run my 3D printer with one of them so I have a hard time believing they're not strong enough.

So what am I doing wrong?
Thanks a lot!

Bruno
maybe your button is just stuck. I know for sure, even if your PS doesn't have the power to do the actual rate, when you hit the button the amp will still increment...but it's just when you do the actual charge, it will drop it to the 50watt.

perhaps unscrew it and clean the contacts where that button is.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Jun 18, 2015, 03:47 AM
Find More Posts by bmoorthamers
Joined Oct 2012
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
maybe your button is just stuck. I know for sure, even if your PS doesn't have the power to do the actual rate, when you hit the button the amp will still increment...but it's just when you do the actual charge, it will drop it to the 50watt.

perhaps unscrew it and clean the contacts where that button is.
Hmm nope, I did set it to a higher amperage. I'll screw it open to see if something is wrong, but either way I ordered a new charger didn't go for the new Accucel but instead went for the X120. HK has a good deal on those and it has a higher power output and lots of graphs which I love and hopefully help me understand the whole process better.

Thanks for the help guys!
bmoorthamers is online now Find More Posts by bmoorthamers
Old Jun 23, 2015, 04:36 PM
Find More Posts by alex27riva
Joined Oct 2014
32 Posts
My charger doesn't load the presets, why?
alex27riva is offline Find More Posts by alex27riva
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:54 AM
Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex27riva View Post
My charger doesn't load the presets, why?
what do you mean? nothing on the screen?
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong