New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2015, 05:49 PM
Find More Posts by Zaphod69
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Feb 2013
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I have no idea why someone wants to use different servos when WK7-6-9's are about $10.00-12.00 each. they drop right in and do a good job. WK M/G servos work very well and hold up.
I think it's because he has them on hand. Personally I use the 7.6-9 as they hold up well and are similar price to the Emax servos.
Zaphod69 is online now Find More Posts by Zaphod69
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2015, 11:38 AM
Find More Posts by vincent713
Keep em' high and let it fly
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2013
2,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I have no idea why someone wants to use different servos when WK7-6-9's are about $10.00-12.00 each. they drop right in and do a good job. WK M/G servos work very well and hold up.
Because I already have some metal gear servos..? $12 for 1 servo is not cheap! I paid $4.99 for a pair of emax metal gears.
vincent713 is online now Find More Posts by vincent713
Old Jul 03, 2015, 01:12 PM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
11,956 Posts
Well good for you. Best luck with them. When it comes to helis I don't go for how cheap brand X is. I consider $12.00 servo m/g reasonable. Plus no mods needed and arm is correct one and ball to match. E-max come with correct arm and ball ?? Is sline the same ?. How about lining up at correct angles. Like i say good luck with them.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jul 03, 2015, 01:57 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2,791 Posts
I have no idea about the emax fitting on the MCP that's why I ask. I know they work great on my FX070 and have an extra pair on hand. If I can save a buck or two, why not?
Old Yesterday, 12:36 AM
Find More Posts by Zaphod69
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Feb 2013
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713 View Post
I have no idea about the emax fitting on the MCP that's why I ask. I know they work great on my FX070 and have an extra pair on hand. If I can save a buck or two, why not?
You'll need to make sure that they rotate the same as the Walkera ones. EMAX actually have a servo programming tool which allows you to reverse servo directions and adjust the center point. I'm not sure if it works with the ES08MA as that's an analogue servo. I know it works on the ES09MD and several others as well.

Don't try doing it via reversing it on the tx. Then it's moving the same was as the gyro and that's not good.

Also if the rx doesn't support analogue servos you'll know fairly quickly.....they will burn out pretty quickly.

I've also checked the tabs. The EMAX tabs need to be sanded down a fair bit to fit into the slots of the frame. Apart from that they fit ok.

Let us know if the EMAX work ok. I use the ES09MD on my Titan 450 and they are faultless once set correctly.
Zaphod69 is online now Find More Posts by Zaphod69
Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
11,956 Posts
Look it makes no difference what anybody uses or does. If something different works thats great. Save some money better yet. Each servo has certain speed and way it works with others and RX. nuff said.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod69 View Post
You'll need to make sure that they rotate the same as the Walkera ones. EMAX actually have a servo programming tool which allows you to reverse servo directions and adjust the center point. I'm not sure if it works with the ES08MA as that's an analogue servo. I know it works on the ES09MD and several others as well.

Don't try doing it via reversing it on the tx. Then it's moving the same was as the gyro and that's not good.

Also if the rx doesn't support analogue servos you'll know fairly quickly.....they will burn out pretty quickly.

I've also checked the tabs. The EMAX tabs need to be sanded down a fair bit to fit into the slots of the frame. Apart from that they fit ok.

Let us know if the EMAX work ok. I use the ES09MD on my Titan 450 and they are faultless once set correctly.
Thanks for the tip, I will try the emax and report back to let you guys know. Do you happen to know the diameter of the tail boom? I want to install cf tube.
Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM
Find More Posts by mono
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,443 Posts
Vincent...
The use of Emax servos has been covered a long way back in the thread, see this post for one person's method and the post below it for another (maybe better) procedure.
I would advise against using them, it could end up costing a lot more than the initial apparent saving. Also, Walkera receivers generally prefer digital servos, but the analogue Emax seem to work, but for how long, I don't know.
The tail boom is 8mm.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2,791 Posts
mono - that guy use zip tie to secure the servos and that's not going to work for me. I'm just going to order the WK 769 and be done with it. I'm also going to order some 8mm cf tube for the tail boom, thanks!
Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM
Find More Posts by mono
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,443 Posts
Yes, it's a dodgy method to install servos, but with the emax, there's not a lot of options.
Going with the 7.6-9's is a good choice.
By the way, if you use stock cf tubing for the boom, you need to slot one end as in this pic...
Name: boom.jpg
Views: 1
Size: 22.3 KB
Description:
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2,791 Posts
Looks like a dremel tool with a cutter bit will do the job.