SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 02, 2015, 02:43 PM
Find More Posts by dadio
Joined Jan 2013
1,482 Posts
Yup I realised after replacing the gear that I could have rotated it but I kept it so no loss and I have more on order ,85pence a set is nothing
dadio is online now Find More Posts by dadio
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:22 AM
Find More Posts by microrcfiend
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
The things that usually cause this are either the motor plugs/connections coming loose or being oxidized. Also having the battery JST plugs oxidize can cause DC resistance on the battery line. The combination of the two can equal lowered output power or weird things like this. A lot of people used to solder their motor to the ESC directly to prevent issues with those plugs.

BUT, another really strange, but oddly common reason for V120s not spooling up initially is how tight the blade grips are... Try loosening them and see if it helps. I know, it sounds like there is no way.. But you'd be surprised how many people this worked for. Especially when it's the stock motor doing it.
Tried soldering direct with no change, it turned out to be broken wires inside the motor as they exit the stator. I stole the pinion and put on the other stock motor and it works fine apart from nasty sounding bearings and was considering a stab and rewinding but would this little 15500kv spin motor have enough space to wind something for 2s? Is there a calculator for motor kv based on poles size and count people use and trust or whats a reliable way to find what to wind back on it if it can go 2s?

I have an fbl I was going to chuck on my 250 but if I only need an esc and reuse this motor it might be interesting to see that tail sorted and a little more pop.

Also, how sensible is the hp06 1 cell version in this heli compared to stock and is stock pinion ok if so? I have no idea of the kv but it's overpowered for the mini cp so hoping someone has maybe tried it.
microrcfiend is offline Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Last edited by microrcfiend; Yesterday at 08:31 AM.
Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM
Find More Posts by train06
I've got a Heli hankering
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2014
727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microrcfiend View Post
I tried to fly the newly built 3 axis V120 but although it flew fine for an entire maiden lipo, now it seems to have sync issues and pulses instead of spinning up. Rebinding or giving it a helping hand doesn't seem to help and after a couple seconds stops pulsing until I hit TH and repeat.

The spin motor does the same thing if I put it in the 3 axis heli and the stock motor does work in the 6 axis. There's nothing regarding cables or excessive tension in the drive train and does the same thing when removed from the heli entirely and solder joints are solid. Video is at the start before I just gave up and flew the 6 Axis one, getting it up was easier than landing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOE5lCXvWFY
Mine does that sometimes spooling up, but I just drop throttle and run it back up and it usually works. i have stock setup on mine.
Nice flying by the way!
train06 is online now Find More Posts by train06
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM
Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
8,231 Posts
Quote:
Tried soldering direct with no change, it turned out to be broken wires inside the motor as they exit the stator. I stole the pinion and put on the other stock motor and it works fine apart from nasty sounding bearings and was considering a stab and rewinding but would this little 15500kv spin motor have enough space to wind something for 2s? Is there a calculator for motor kv based on poles size and count people use and trust or whats a reliable way to find what to wind back on it if it can go 2s?

I have an fbl I was going to chuck on my 250 but if I only need an esc and reuse this motor it might be interesting to see that tail sorted and a little more pop.

Also, how sensible is the hp06 1 cell version in this heli compared to stock and is stock pinion ok if so? I have no idea of the kv but it's overpowered for the mini cp so hoping someone has maybe tried it.

Looking around this is the motor i found: http://www.overskyrc.com/hp06v2-1620...otor-p-60.html

If this is the motor you have, it will probably work for the D02S. I don't know the power (wattage) of the motor. I'd guess it might be a little weak if it is for a smaller heli. But the first problem is really the kv rating. At 16,200kv you'd need to gear down or it is going to bog out like a mountain bike going up hill in 16th gear. Optimal gearing would be around 7T or 8T. But there won't be much material left with those, especially with the 7T. So it would be best to find a hardened steel 8T pinion to prevent crash breakage. With that it should fly pretty decently, though I can't say how flight times will be affected. You might end up wanting to get 850mah lipos a for longer flights after. But maybe not. I ended up using the bigger lipos with my upgrade motors because of shortened flights. But the hp06 might not draw more current since it is technically for a smaller heli.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Today, 07:46 AM
Find More Posts by microrcfiend
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by train06 View Post
Mine does that sometimes spooling up, but I just drop throttle and run it back up and it usually works. i have stock setup on mine.
Nice flying by the way!
Thanks Train but I posted last comment it was broken winding plus didn't spin up out of the heli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Looking around this is the motor i found: http://www.overskyrc.com/hp06v2-1620...otor-p-60.html

If this is the motor you have, it will probably work for the D02S. I don't know the power (wattage) of the motor. I'd guess it might be a little weak if it is for a smaller heli. But the first problem is really the kv rating. At 16,200kv you'd need to gear down or it is going to bog out like a mountain bike going up hill in 16th gear. Optimal gearing would be around 7T or 8T. But there won't be much material left with those, especially with the 7T. So it would be best to find a hardened steel 8T pinion to prevent crash breakage. With that it should fly pretty decently, though I can't say how flight times will be affected. You might end up wanting to get 850mah lipos a for longer flights after. But maybe not. I ended up using the bigger lipos with my upgrade motors because of shortened flights. But the hp06 might not draw more current since it is technically for a smaller heli.
Thank you again, sounds like it's worth grabbing a pinion for. It was given to me along with the v120 board purchase but couldn't find anything googling on the older v1 hp06 so no idea of real kv. It may even be a candidate for a 2s rewind if there's 2s version if it also.
microrcfiend is offline Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Old Today, 08:46 AM
Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
8,231 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Train but I posted last comment it was broken winding plus didn't spin up out of the heli.

Thank you again, sounds like it's worth grabbing a pinion for. It was given to me along with the v120 board purchase but couldn't find anything googling on the older v1 hp06 so no idea of real kv. It may even be a candidate for a 2s rewind if there's 2s version if it also.
Yeah, I don't know much about motor rewinding... It's too delicate and small for me not to get frustrated with. So I haven't ever really tried. Which means I haven't ever really read up much about how to do it... I think you'd just need to wind it so that it has a lower KV rating for more voltage (how? I don't know.). I mean chances are the motor would run on 2S as it is. But the speed would be way, way too much.

You can order any kind of brass or pom pinion you want from here: http://shop.kkpmo.com/product_info.p...---8teeth.html

You can find 9T pinions around from the 130X still too. Some of them are steel.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk