HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 17, 2015, 04:40 PM
Joined Feb 2015
9 Posts
Discussion
New Tarot T810 Sport with DJI E800 Propulsion System Build

Hi All,

So I just received my new Tarot t810 sport model frame. This is the new t810 frame which has quite a few differences to the old t810 frame. Main differences are that the centre carbon frame is alot larger which gives you plenty of extra space to mount gear, it now has larger motor mount arms and are plastic rather than aluminium. (I'm guessing it's better for less vibration) . Instead of 3 clamps, it only has 2 to hold the fixed boom. End clamps are aluminium and are bolted from both sides. I guess it makes it easier to install than the original t810 where you had to hold 8 bolts in place to get the arm brackets on. New design only has 4 bolts which go right through. Also, comes standard with electric retractable landing gear, including control module and a PDB.

I have run into some difficulty and would like some advice as to which way I should go about installing the propulsion system.

The coaxial wiring is not long enough to reach the centre of the frame to the PDB. 
I know I can easily extend the Servo cable but these are the only options i have for it to work. What do you all suggest?

1. Extend Motor to ESC cable the length of the boom and fit the ESC in the frame.(Approximately 45cm Extension)

2. Install ESC where intended which is under the motor and extend the Coax cable to the PDB (Approx 10cm extension)

3. Drill a hole large enough in the boom/arm to fit the cables (approx 6mm) through to the PDB without the need of extending anything. (I would prefer this method but will it compromise the strength of the boom?)

Any help would be appreciated as I know trying to extend the coaxial cables on the Dji ESC could lead to disaster.

Thanks.

Theo.
Boulders is offline Find More Posts by Boulders
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread