HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2015, 02:40 AM
Battery Powered==(*)==
Mesquite, Nevada
Joined Jan 2002
511 Posts
Mini-HowTo
Fatshark Comfort Mod no Ski Mask needed

Just purchased a set of Attitude SD. I wasn't too happy with the eye cups. I wear contact lenses for distance. I used some black plastic from a school notebook cover, fairly thick but flexible material. I carefully measured and made a paper template first. The plastic is cut to fit tightly in the grooves for the eye cups. Cut the eye holes a little smaller then needed then trim to get a nice snug fit. If cut right the plastic will clip right around the grooves all the way around.

I used some temporary pieces of foam. I will pickup some 1/2" adhesive backed foam tomorrow at the hardware store. They feel real comfortable now. This is still a work in progress. I will be trimming the plastic edges down further. Plus I can use the original strap.

I will be adding foam to the sides also.

The eye position is close enough to the lenses to get a good clear view.

If the plastic is thick enough it provides good support for the foam.
And this mod is removable if needed.

I got the idea from this picture below.
tomcor is online now Find More Posts by tomcor
Last edited by tomcor; Feb 17, 2015 at 05:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2015, 02:46 AM
Battery Powered==(*)==
Mesquite, Nevada
Joined Jan 2002
511 Posts
Pictures

Pictures
Old Feb 17, 2015, 06:00 AM
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
2,051 Posts
I did not find the fs eyecups very comfortable at first either. However, after playing with positioning and the strap tension, and just basically getting used to them, they felt great after a week or two.

Best thing about the fs eycups is that they do not let any light in when flying in bright conditions outdoors.
TomC is offline Find More Posts by TomC
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:22 PM
www.facebook.com/schumixmd
Moldova
Joined Jun 2010
1,601 Posts
I liked the idea of eye cups at first, but after I bought dominators v1 i was disappointed. The eyecups are falling every time I put the goggles on. I've managed to lose one really fast, good I bought together with them a pair of cups to mod my base, which never happened.

That's why in next future I will have mine modded but I am planning to use kinda memory foam.

Now I like the idea of one piece eye cup on Skyzone3D, but don't know how it feels and if it is any better...
schumixmd is online now Find More Posts by schumixmd
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2015, 04:27 PM
Battery Powered==(*)==
Mesquite, Nevada
Joined Jan 2002
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumixmd View Post
I liked the idea of eye cups at first, but after I bought dominators v1 i was disappointed. The eyecups are falling every time I put the goggles on. I've managed to lose one really fast, good I bought together with them a pair of cups to mod my base, which never happened.

That's why in next future I will have mine modded but I am planning to use kinda memory foam.

Now I like the idea of one piece eye cup on Skyzone3D, but don't know how it feels and if it is any better...

Use your fingernail to press in both tabs on the eye cups all the the way in till they lock
Old Feb 19, 2015, 04:48 PM
Battery Powered==(*)==
Mesquite, Nevada
Joined Jan 2002
511 Posts
Comfort Mod completed. Seals out light just fine.

Plastic notebook $1
Open cell foam tape 1/2" x 3/4" adhesive backed $6
Comfort factor $ Priceless

Yes I do have a better antenna I will be using RHCP.
Last edited by tomcor; Feb 19, 2015 at 05:09 PM.