HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Jan 2012
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley34 View Post
Looks good!!! Think I will have to do this also when get this bird. What did you do to the wire from the DBL esc that went to the tail motor? Thank you
Snip and heat shrink
Gary
Old guy1 is offline Find More Posts by Old guy1
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:29 AM
Fairfax, VA
Joined Feb 2006
45 Posts
300 Size SRX Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
... The idea of a brushless motor is eternal, as long it stays cool and bearings are serviced! So wipe your ass HH, even with warranty covered we payed for a thing that shouldn't be users to figured it out to solve... but please release a 300srx size heli and further in the 2016 a 360srx but with geared tail or belt tails.
I would like to share my proof-of-concept of a 300-size FP using the Blade 200 SRX Rx/FBL controller.

Frame: E-Sky HB King 2 / belt-driven tail
Head: Tarot 450 Flybarless modified for FP setup (I used a G10 fiberglass strip to ensure that the grips rotate at the same time relative to the swash).
Blades: SuperBlades XP300 from super-skids.com (I used these on my old HBFP)
Power: HDX300 brushless motor 3400KV
ESC: Turnigy Plush 18A
External BEC: ParkBEC from Dimension Engineering
Skids: Align 450
Swash: Algin 90-degree swash
Servo: Stock 200 SRX E-flite on cyclic / Power HD DSM-44 Digital Micro Servo
Battery: GForce 1300mah 40c from Value Hobby

Initial results:
Due to the weather, my tests are restricted to just hovering in my living room.
It hovers very well, with similar characteristics to the Blade 200 SRX.

It took a while to get to this point as the AR636H Rx is very picky on servo selection. I tried to use digital on the cyclics but the head wobbles terribly even at 0-degree gain. Unfortunately, I'm using an old DX7 and I do not have the granularity to play around with the gain settings except for the standard values as per the instructions. Surprisingly, the tail seems to be holding well.

I'm looking forward to the test flight outside to determine the viability of such setup. For now, it is just an experiment which I'm happy to share. There is some fine-tuning that I still need to do, but so far the results are very promising!

I'll share some hovering video when I get a chance.
hochoco is online now Find More Posts by hochoco