SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 19, 2014, 06:58 PM
Joined Feb 2002
151 Posts
Discussion
Hitec Hawkeye Glider Conversion

I bought a Hitec Hawkeye Glider for $10.

I converted it to electric with 2 mini servos a 250 mah 2 cell lipo, a 4 channel rx, 6 amp esc and a 10 gram 2,000 kv outrunner from Hobby King. I wrapped up the antenna on a piece of balsa sheet.

The canopy is removable and that is where the esc is located. The rx and antenna are located on the bottom of the fuse in a slot I cut out.

It flies great and off the slope it really rocks. We are having change of the season thermals this time of the year in Northern Ca.

I have a great mountain slope in my back yard. The little Hawkeye goes up like a popcorn fart in a whirlwind and really thermals in these storm fronts. I used a 6 inch folding prop with spinner. Also on the bench is my scratch built Horten HO3 foam wing.
William Bosco is offline Find More Posts by William Bosco
to remove ads between posts