HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:07 PM
Chinook Door Gunner
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
Question
Should I?

Hi to all, my name is john, I have had my chinook 38# by walkers for over two years now and I think I have out grown it I want something bigger in scale , and upon my search I have found the hirbro kv-107 chinook. I guess ny question is would it be a good idea for me to get one? All I have had is electronic helis and only nitro cars. But from what I have seen from utube is that this heli is big and its a chinook and that's what I love.
doorgunerChinook is offline Find More Posts by doorgunerChinook
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:41 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,445 Posts
Its a big step from the Walkera to the Hirobo. I would never say not to get what you really want. I think it would last at least a few seconds if your not a good pilot. Some help from a good local pilot might be helpfull.
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:17 AM
Chinook Door Gunner
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
Thanks roto rob I know what you mean yes it is a big step, and I would call myself a avg on the sticks. I can fly my 38 till the battery dies, but I will do what you said and talk to more people about it. Thanks again for the help
doorgunerChinook is offline Find More Posts by doorgunerChinook
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:11 PM
Houston, TX USA
Joined Nov 2000
551 Posts
I have been to RC heli events all over the US and have only seen one of the Hirobo eggbeaters fly. I have seen several of them, but only one flying one. Jeff Green when he worked for MRC/Hirobo would fly one. He could get it into foreword flight but it looked like a real handful.

I would make sure you mastered flying a 600 or 700 size heli first. I don't mean 3d type flying but at least fast forward flight, nose in stuff, and loops/rolls.
Rudy Ackerman is offline Find More Posts by Rudy Ackerman