377 Posts
One or the other, but not both
JZSlenker is offline Find More Posts by JZSlenker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:58 PM
Canada, NL, St John's
Joined Sep 2011
238 Posts
It all depends on how the forum is monitored imo. Have you thought of hosting you're own? Idiots are going to be idiots where ever they are. I find this forum easier to navigate, but like the majority ... I'll go where ever the support is, so it doesn't really matter to me.

When purchasing a PRO, GPS or Gimbal board ... you get a user account. The idiots know who they are .. and if they've been warned.. No 2nd chance ... you're gone. Only accept memberships to the forum based on purchases.
Razzil is offline Find More Posts by Razzil
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:01 PM
Never left one up there yet...
Canada, BC, Campbell River
Joined Jun 2009
98 Posts
Just registered to MRF. I did not even know it existed.

I voted yes but will go wherever the discussion is most informative and constructive. I too detest negativity for no reason other than to be negative.

Cheers

MJ
mdjohnson is offline Find More Posts by mdjohnson
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:25 AM
BME 102 For Sale, PM me!
USA, NJ, Milford
Joined Jul 2006
438 Posts
Al,

You are certainly more than welcome to come and make us your full time home. As a Hoverfly user I'd love to see the site host your community of users. It's great equipment and your determination to keep making it better is admirable and appreciated.

I make a conscious effort to make everyone feel welcome, all questions are good ones and the same ones over and over keep everything fresh. Hobby flyers are every bit as welcome as pro users. I consider myself as both actually with a business in aerial media and RC planes and multi's for my free time.

Whatever you decide, I hope it works out for you.

Regards,
Bart
MRF Admin.
barchiola is offline Find More Posts by barchiola
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:26 AM
BME 102 For Sale, PM me!
USA, NJ, Milford
Joined Jul 2006
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjohnson View Post
Just registered to MRF. I did not even know it existed.

I voted yes but will go wherever the discussion is most informative and constructive. I too detest negativity for no reason other than to be negative.

Cheers

MJ
thanks MJ. is that your PItts in your avatar? I had a project like it going in my basement but sold it to get my media business started. very cool plane.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:28 AM
BME 102 For Sale, PM me!
USA, NJ, Milford
Joined Jul 2006
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzil View Post
It all depends on how the forum is monitored imo. Have you thought of hosting you're own? Idiots are going to be idiots where ever they are. I find this forum easier to navigate, but like the majority ... I'll go where ever the support is, so it doesn't really matter to me.

When purchasing a PRO, GPS or Gimbal board ... you get a user account. The idiots know who they are .. and if they've been warned.. No 2nd chance ... you're gone. Only accept memberships to the forum based on purchases.
Hi Razzil,

I'm pretty involved in monitoring MRF and we try to keep everyone on the happy vibe. our moderators try to get involved when threads get tense and so far we've been successful. I can make Al or someone Al chooses a moderator for the HF forums if that would help you guys out.

Bart
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:48 AM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2012
90 Posts
I pretty much stay on MRF and only rarely visit this forum. Nothing wrong with this forum, I just don't visit often - only have time for one.
Benjamin Rowland is offline Find More Posts by Benjamin Rowland
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:59 AM
Canada, NL, St John's
Joined Sep 2011
238 Posts
I have no issue with going to MRF ... I've been using it for a few weeks now and the one thing I did notice was that it's more professional ... to the sense of less nonsense over there. Which I liked.
Razzil is offline Find More Posts by Razzil
Last edited by Razzil; Jul 31, 2012 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Does it have spell-check ... misspelt nonsense hehe
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:48 AM
Never left one up there yet...
Canada, BC, Campbell River
Joined Jun 2009
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barchiola View Post
thanks MJ. is that your PItts in your avatar? I had a project like it going in my basement but sold it to get my media business started. very cool plane.
Yes it is Bart. Had it for 14 years and it was a very sad day when it went away. Total opposite of the usual airplane sale. I used it in IAC competition for 7 years and did quite well with it in the Pacific Northwest circuit. I devleoped vertigo and after the ensuing grounding it had to go. Sniff, sniff. Having said that I am now involved with this hobby/sport and am having a ball competing in pattern at the Masters level as well as getting back into Thermal Duration glider competition. Multi Rotor is an interesting distraction for me.

Thanks for your forum. Lots to catch up on over there!

Cheers

MJ
mdjohnson is offline Find More Posts by mdjohnson
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:22 PM
Tesla's Workshop
USA, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2004
2,453 Posts
Um.... What is MRF?

Jeff
workshop is offline Find More Posts by workshop
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:23 PM
I'm New
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2012
719 Posts
@jeff - www.multirotorforums.com
unfaix is offline Find More Posts by unfaix
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:07 PM
BME 102 For Sale, PM me!
USA, NJ, Milford
Joined Jul 2006
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjohnson View Post
Yes it is Bart. Had it for 14 years and it was a very sad day when it went away. Total opposite of the usual airplane sale. I used it in IAC competition for 7 years and did quite well with it in the Pacific Northwest circuit. I devleoped vertigo and after the ensuing grounding it had to go. Sniff, sniff. Having said that I am now involved with this hobby/sport and am having a ball competing in pattern at the Masters level as well as getting back into Thermal Duration glider competition. Multi Rotor is an interesting distraction for me.

Thanks for your forum. Lots to catch up on over there!

Cheers

MJ
MJ,
Sorry to hear about the vertigo episode. IAC was where I was headed but I just couldn't get anywhere with the build having two kids and too many other things going on. One day maybe. Also thought about competing in pattern but there aren't many contest near me. Maybe IMAC but then there's that pesky time thing again.
Glad you like the site.
Bart
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:10 PM
BME 102 For Sale, PM me!
USA, NJ, Milford
Joined Jul 2006
438 Posts
FWIW, the username HoverNuts is still available over at MRF for one of you ultimate HF fan types of guys.

I don't know if I'd take it for myself but it's..........um...........available.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 03:20 AM
USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2010
1,817 Posts
RCGroups was one of the first forums that I signed up too after discovering multirotors, so it kind of feels like home.

I've found some great "home grown" vendors on this site who's products and advice have been invaluable to my RCGroups/multirotor experience. Unfortunately over the past six months or so there has been a noticeable increase in the number of people starting multirotor "online stores" fueled by the increase in controllers with few, if any, requirements to be a reseller. Although RCGroups isn't responsible for this trend, I find that many of these new "venders" are quite disingenuous when posting here which really detracts from the forum in general and I only see this trend getting worse.

I agree, it needs to be one or the other, I can only manage reading one of these forums. Someone also mentioned hosting your own site, that might be a good way to go, just in case you don't already have enough to do. Good luck with your decision.
Av8Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Av8Chuck
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:28 AM
BME 102 For Sale, PM me!
USA, NJ, Milford
Joined Jul 2006
438 Posts
Chuck,
I noticed that too, lots or DJI/DW/AXI ready-to-fly vendors popping up. I get emails from them asking about advertising and I tell them no thank you. To be fair though I set up a special vendor are for the RTF guys to post their stuff but ALSO where their customers could come and comment on their experiences. I figured the feedback would even the playing field and help new customers to see where the good and bad were hiding. To date, not one has signed up to be in that area. It's an untested process so maybe some are afraid of what negative commentary would do to their businesses but the fix for that is to not have negative commentary! I've also pulled a couple of advertisers' banners when they were having significant problems with their businesses or products.
I feel like I'm the owner of a bar almost with the website that I run. People come and look for comfort or help or a good time and I try to keep it productive and positive.
Regards,
Bart