HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2014, 07:32 AM
Oman
Joined Aug 2014
90 Posts
Discussion
Doubt about ESC's

hello guys
as i learnt from most of the posts in RCGROUPS. COM that if i have a motor with maximum current of 15 A. So i have to select ESC 25% more than the maximum current of the given motor.
So my question what will happen if i increase the selection to 50% or even more ???
am i going to burn out the motor ??
ali74 is offline Find More Posts by ali74
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2014, 07:37 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,975 Posts
No, the only penalty will be additional weight. The ESC does not "Push" current into the motor, the motor and prop choice determine the amount of current the system draws.

I understand you have many questions, here's a link to a great guide to electric flight that you might want to look at, an E book in PDF format. Everything you wanted to know about Electric flight

Also, you may be better served asking these questions in the beginner's forum (here's the link), since this forum is really about 3D foamy aircraft.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Last edited by Azarr; Sep 24, 2014 at 07:47 AM.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:57 PM
Oman
Joined Aug 2014
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr View Post
No, the only penalty will be additional weight. The ESC does not "Push" current into the motor, the motor and prop choice determine the amount of current the system draws.

I understand you have many questions, here's a link to a great guide to electric flight that you might want to look at, an E book in PDF format. Everything you wanted to know about Electric flight

Also, you may be better served asking these questions in the beginner's forum (here's the link), since this forum is really about 3D foamy aircraft.

Azarr
thank you Azarr for ur info and advising
it is a bit tough as beginner but i will reach the goal
ali74 is offline Find More Posts by ali74
Old Sep 24, 2014, 02:40 PM
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Aug 2012
207 Posts
cheap escs tend to weight more I have found. I replaced all my twisted hobbies escs with castle escs they weigh less and work better and run the motor quietly.
fooferdoggie is offline Find More Posts by fooferdoggie