HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2011, 05:04 AM
New in all but 20Y hobbyist
Gratens, little place around Toulouse...
Joined Dec 2007
399 Posts
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Wu View Post
Current FrSky LCD-fdd_lite can be plugged into the Tx module by a provided cable, show two analog voltages, Rx RSSI, Tx RSSI and is capable of programming alarm thresholds and directions on-screen: http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=91

We have been putting hands on another display, besides current functions of LCD-fdd_lite, it can show all monitored data. This new product is presumed to be ready within two months, let's look forward to that!
Hi Mr WU,

I'm still wondering how you can manage to look at your RC transmitter when inflight and what is interesting with that ?

I would really prefer to have a serial output interface that would be usable inflight for an OSD or in ground for a ground station with some coders documentation for offering to the OSD developpers a way to serialize the collected informations with their OSD's or ground stations.

Do you think it could you can offer this as your products are very nice and offers a new dimension for the fliers ?

In the other hand, you can offer yourself an OSD that would give to users the hability to have both informations onscreen and onground. Some of us are using autopilots, and this feature would allow us to cut off the TX when railed up with waypointings, just using the video checkings to verify if the flight values are still correct. While the RX is emitting itself a serial signal to the ground, we can be quickly having range problems as the datagram sent is quite long. What would it be with more sensoring and would it decrease the distance as the datagram would be much more longer with all sensors ?

One question on the fly. What are the emission capabilities of the D8R-II ?

Is one antenna used for RX and the other one for TX ?

Let me know.
lothar2048 is offline Find More Posts by lothar2048
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2011, 05:21 AM
Joined Dec 2007
399 Posts
Strange Use of D4FR and other Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
The new D4FR receiver outputs RSSI.
Hi RENOATA,

I've seen that on the website, and i think the purpose is to offer another module for knowing the RSSI. As for having the RSSI output, you must completly sacrify the RX module (CH3 and 4 jumpered, CH1 and 2 for various RSSI outputs) i think i'ts no usable/trustable has the hardware and reception conditions can be different from a module and another one like the D8R. Knowing the RSSI of the D4FR will not give me the real RSSI of the D8R inflight. It will just give me an approximated idea...

So another idea came to me.

Why don't they chain up channels with a D8R and a D4FR ?

A resistor On AD1 on AD2. In fact different resistors for choosing between

CPPM and PWM.
CH8 of D8R for linking the CH1 of D4FR.
CH2 of D4FR for RSSI PWM or CPPM.
CH3 and CH4 for CH8 channel and CH9 (THX for FUTABA, JR and WFLY users for adding this 9th channel ;-).

Some little coding, and that would go on. No hardware modifications. Just 2 different resistors and a simple servo wire for linking the two receivers.

Cheers.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 07:51 AM
the answer 42 is
Switzerland, AG, Lenzburg
Joined Jan 2006
1,897 Posts
Hey PLMS where can I buy the hub and sensors??

EZ
Edwinzea is offline Find More Posts by Edwinzea
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:06 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Aug 2010
91 Posts
The telemetry function looks outstanding. the setting of audible alarms for battery levels or other sensors is great!

Please confirm that the Frsky DHT-U still requires a Frsky TX module in your TX (i.e. Futaba) since this system DOES NOT include built-in Tx module

Tks
Canuck4ever is offline Find More Posts by Canuck4ever
Old Jul 16, 2011, 03:49 AM
Joined Jul 2011
274 Posts
Hi M.Wu

Please give us a 16 channels module/Rx in order to use with Turnigy/ER9X.
michel49 is offline Find More Posts by michel49
Old Jul 17, 2011, 08:17 PM
Joined Mar 2009
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck4ever View Post
The telemetry function looks outstanding. the setting of audible alarms for battery levels or other sensors is great!

Please confirm that the Frsky DHT-U still requires a Frsky TX module in your TX (i.e. Futaba) since this system DOES NOT include built-in Tx module

Tks

DHT-U is a telemetry module itself with built-in display which has menu settings and data display, so you do not need another Tx module. Check 1.3 Features: http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=93.
Chase Wu is offline Find More Posts by Chase Wu
Old Jul 17, 2011, 09:13 PM
Joined Mar 2009
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michel49 View Post
Hi M.Wu

Please give us a 16 channels module/Rx in order to use with Turnigy/ER9X.

Multi-channel module/receiver have already been listed in FrSky's plan, more details will follow and update here in the near future.
Chase Wu is offline Find More Posts by Chase Wu
Old Jul 18, 2011, 04:01 AM
Joined Jul 2011
274 Posts
Thank you Mr.Wu

I think the best way would be a system "à la Jeti Duplex"that is to say: associate two 8 channels Rx, one for channels 1 to 8, the second for channels 9 to 16.

Regards

Michel
Old Jul 18, 2011, 04:57 AM
Joined Dec 2007
399 Posts
Analog RSSI output for OSD's Users ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Wu View Post
Multi-channel module/receiver have already been listed in FrSky's plan, more details will follow and update here in the near future.
Hi Mr WU.

1/ Do you plan to offer analog RSSI output for OSD's User integrated to the receiver and not consuming any available channel (I mean a dedicated pinout) some day ?

2/ Is there any way to use the DHT-U data to be exploited inflight on an OSD or an MCU that would also provide flight stabilisation, RTH and so on ? In fact, do you plan to offer an OSD in the next developpement days ?

3/ Is there any way to use the transmitted data on ground for being used with a ground station and not an LCD screen on the TX ? Do you plan to make such application usable on a PC and a serial interface connected to the TX ? Would the datagram description be available to the public for making it ?

4/ Would you offer specific antenna replacement as data is transmitted from the receiver to the ground and distance from the pilot can be an issue for correct data transmission ?

5/ When would it be available ?

cheers.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:17 AM
Joined Jul 2011
274 Posts
Hello Lothar,

En fait il faudrait un logiciel PC comme celui d'Eagletree ?

Michel
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:45 AM
Joined Dec 2007
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michel49 View Post
Hello Lothar,

En fait il faudrait un logiciel PC comme celui d'Eagletree ?

Michel
Je préfèrerais nettement celui de l'ardupilot qui est nettement plus beau et surtout plus précis (sensors réglables sur une unité en fonction de la résolution du sensor).

Mais est toujours requis une sortie pour une incrustation sur un OSD pour une utilisation sur lunettes home cinéma type Headplay. Je suppose que le port data sur le hub est prévu à cet effet, mais n'ayant pas les caractéristiques techniques en main, impossible de le confirmer. Ceci étant dit, et si c'est effectivement le cas, je sais comment programmer mon prochain arduino pro mini ;-)...

Le vol depuis une station au sol est très intéressant, mais uniquement pour les vols de longue durée, avec pilote auto stabilisateur de vol et écran digne de ce nom.

Qu'en penses tu ?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:50 PM
Joined Jul 2011
274 Posts
Je ne connais pas le soft Ardupilot, je vais le regarder; il est certain que nous n'avons pas tous les mêmes besoins: je suis interessé par l'OSD et j'attends avec impatience l'Eaglelink.
Je voudrais revenir sur un debat que tu as eu avec Renatoa, si j'ai tout bien compris il serait possible de relier le D8R à un PC, le port noté "G,+5V, Rx" serait un port serie complet et l'indication "+5V" serait fausse ?
J'ai essayé de relier à mon PC sur un VRAI port COM, sans succès; ai-je bien tout compris ?

Amicalement,

Michel
Old Jul 18, 2011, 01:14 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,197 Posts
Ca c'est vrai pour D8R V2 et D8R-II seulement.

Mais je pense que c'est mieux d'utiliser d'autres langues que la langue du forum en petit comite ou dans les forums régionales.

I think is better to use other languages than the forum language in private discussions or regional forums.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jul 18, 2011, 02:58 PM
openrc*****s *****
United Kingdom, England, Guildford
Joined Sep 2010
1,258 Posts
Is it just me or is this product a bit of a let down?

I was rather thinking this would be a neat solution to clip on to the tx, with a lead to the existing tx module.

The simple question is.. why this format?
rob.thomson is online now Find More Posts by rob.thomson
Old Jul 18, 2011, 04:45 PM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,410 Posts
See Post 14 & 15

At the time, it probably made sense to FrSky to do this but with modules already out there, to me, a clip on box to plug into the module would have made more sense but then I'm not FrSky.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
Last edited by GBR2; Jul 18, 2011 at 11:24 PM. Reason: spelling