HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2009, 08:29 AM
Joined Feb 2009
12 Posts
Discussion
Kyosho excavator

Well I hope this is the right section for this.

I remember probably last year or something like that kyosho said they would release some new rc construction equipment? They had a Komatsu dozer, excavator and haul truck. So far it seems they have only released the dozer. Does anybody know what happened to the other models??? I really liked the look of the excavator.

It seems to me like the other models will not ever be produced....

just so you know what im talking about: http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/r...roup_id=100057

Any help is appreciated
Kit Kat 1407 is offline Find More Posts by Kit Kat 1407
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2009, 11:35 AM
Joined Aug 2008
161 Posts
Those are pretty sweet looking, I've never seen those before. I'd imagine Kyosho shelved the excavator and mining truck because the dozer did'nt sell like they expected.

Unfortunately scale construction equipment is very similar to scale tanking in one respect for sure - you get what you pay for.

Being 1:50th scale, the Kyosho offerings are going to be all electric. They will have no usable torque at all, and you'll have to come up with scale materials to "work" with if you want to actually run them. They're not going to move dirt like you find in your backyard. If you watch the video on Kyosho's site they show them working with what looks like a light foam material.

Real 1:1 excavators use hydraulic power because that is the most efficient way to go about it, and scale excavators are pretty much the same. Electric powered/cable actuated ain't gonna cut it, just like real 1:1 machines made the same way back in the day they don't generate enough torque. I'm not knocking Kyosho in any way here, that's just how it is.

You can get real hydraulic scale construction equipment, just not as small as 1:50th scale (Look on www.gardentrucking.com for starters) Construction equipment is the same as tanking though, if you demand performance that is on par with what a real 1:1 machine would give you, you need to be prepared to spend a good chunk of money and/or do a lot of custom modifications...
BigMike13 is offline Find More Posts by BigMike13
Last edited by BigMike13; Sep 02, 2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 02:49 AM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
no sound with these videos..I will update them soon with sound.

here is the TH outside..

Modified r\c 6 channel Track Hoe..one of a kind.. (0 min 38 sec)

here it is inside..
Modified 6 channel r\c Track Hoe.. (4 min 8 sec)
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Last edited by modfly; Sep 16, 2009 at 03:08 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 02:29 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
here is an updated Excavator video
R\C Track Hoe (2 min 9 sec)
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly