HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2014, 09:04 PM
Joined Apr 2014
23 Posts
Help!
Smoke out from lightbridge!!

Hello guys! Im in real panic! i hope you can help me out on this!
I flew for a very long time with the lightbridge system with no problem... i mean, this was untill i decided to conect my Tarot 2 axys gimbal to the naza v2 for pitch control and sudenly i saw smoke coming out from the lightbridge! it was just for 2 seconds untill i unplug it from the battery! now its not turning on anymore!
The thing is, i always used a 3 cell 1A battery to power ub both lightbridge air unit and my gimbal with no problem. All this stuff happened just beacause i conected the signal cable from the gimbal to the naza ! im really lost over here... im afraid i have lost the unit due to reverse polarity maybe, but im not shure how...
I will really apreciate if you guys came up with something for me now.... I almost sold my body to buy this thing!!!(well... i live in Brazil, so...)
Thanx a lot for your attention, have a nice day!
Bernardo Salazar is offline Find More Posts by Bernardo Salazar
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2014, 09:56 PM
United States, OR, Mt Hood
Joined May 2014
995 Posts
You let the smoke out. Not meant to be funny but once electrical circuitry smokes, it's usually done. Look up the wiring diagram for both the Lightbridge, the Naza, and the gimbal. I think you'll find a wire was not what you thought it was, or grounded out a hot circuit. Moral, always check schematics before changing anything. Sorry it happened.
PatR is offline Find More Posts by PatR
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:38 PM
Joined Apr 2014
23 Posts
Omg..... Thats not happening... No chance to ha e some kind of a fuse to save the day?? :, (
Bernardo Salazar is offline Find More Posts by Bernardo Salazar
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:40 PM
Joined Mar 2014
243 Posts
not if there was smoke. You let the magic out.
Send it off to be repaired and call it a learning experience.
wesalbert is offline Find More Posts by wesalbert
Old Oct 01, 2014, 12:08 AM
Team Warpsquad
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2009
1,039 Posts
Damn that sucks, sorry to hear about that. As mentioned always triple check everything. Hopefully it can be repaired and not be costly or a total loss.
Mr.Aaron is online now Find More Posts by Mr.Aaron
Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM
Brazil, MG, Belo Horizonte
Joined Jan 2015
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernardo Salazar View Post
I flew for a very long time with the lightbridge system with no problem... i mean, this was untill i decided to conect my Tarot 2 axys gimbal to the naza v2 for pitch control and sudenly i saw smoke coming out from the lightbridge! it was just for 2 seconds untill i unplug it from the battery! now its not turning on anymore!
Two seconds of smoke is long enough to blow up an electronic component.
Is it working well after this ?

Gustavo Murta
jgustavoam is offline Find More Posts by jgustavoam