SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 12, 2014, 03:29 AM
Joined May 2014
15 Posts
Question
FPVfactory Mariner vs QuadH2O

Those 2 (Mariner and QuadH2O) seem to be the only available waterproof multirotors. I know there are also some waterproof frames available, but as having too little experience and skills for DIY I'm looking for an ARF build.

If somebody owns Mariner or QuadH2O, please share the pros and cons - especially the cons.

It would be really interesting to know how far can they fly - I want to fly by a pedefined route (using WKM with waypoints), and the flight range is an important factor for me. I've seen some flight times published here and there, but nothing about the horizontal speed...
hriisikamp is offline Find More Posts by hriisikamp
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2014, 01:13 AM
FPV Gear Developer
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jul 2014
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hriisikamp View Post
Those 2 (Mariner and QuadH2O) seem to be the only available waterproof multirotors. I know there are also some waterproof frames available, but as having too little experience and skills for DIY I'm looking for an ARF build.

If somebody owns Mariner or QuadH2O, please share the pros and cons - especially the cons.

It would be really interesting to know how far can they fly - I want to fly by a pedefined route (using WKM with waypoints), and the flight range is an important factor for me. I've seen some flight times published here and there, but nothing about the horizontal speed...
The Mariner flight range can fly up to 1km. It depends on the controller. The horizontal speed of Mariner can be 9meter/second.
fpvfactory is offline Find More Posts by fpvfactory
Old Sep 17, 2014, 07:56 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Oct 2012
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvfactory View Post
The Mariner flight range can fly up to 1km. It depends on the controller. The horizontal speed of Mariner can be 9meter/second.
I wonder how Naza M lite is able to HOLD ALTITUDE when the quadcopter is waterproof? Can you help us clarify how you solved barometer readings when the frame is closed?
gur75 is offline Find More Posts by gur75
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:07 AM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Hi, I just got mine and there's a waterproof membrane in the middle of the plexiglass so the air pressure can be recognized on the inside.
wingm8 is offline Find More Posts by wingm8
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:05 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1 Posts
New Mariner owner

Hi guys is there anyone else in Australia with a Mariner?
virgil50 is offline Find More Posts by virgil50
Old Mar 09, 2015, 10:32 AM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
New Mariner 2 / Splash drone

Found the new New Mariner 2 / Splash drone on Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ref=nav_search

I have Mariner (1) so i'm gonna need some upgrades as waterproof gimbal, payload release hook, and the flare adapter
wingm8 is offline Find More Posts by wingm8
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:12 AM
rp3
Joined Jan 2013
24 Posts
What do you guys think of the new features on the Splash Drone?
rp3 is offline Find More Posts by rp3
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:15 AM
Consulting Visionary
Joined Jan 2015
4 Posts
Don't need to deploy flares. The ability to drop water balloons on folks may come in handy occasionally. FPV, follow me, and flight programming are useful, but for one living on the waterfront in a place with lots of rain, it is the waterproofness that sold me. I will be buying in at the $1500 level, even though the Canadian dollar is down at 80 cents these days.
WWPierre is offline Find More Posts by WWPierre
Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM
rp3
Joined Jan 2013
24 Posts
The discovery channel tested out the Splash Drone.. The video gives you a better look at some of the features like the waterproof gimbal...
Discovery Channel Daily Planet Features the Splash Drone (4 min 24 sec)
rp3 is offline Find More Posts by rp3