HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 02:26 AM
United Kingdom, Derbyshire
Joined Aug 2011
878 Posts
what happensif you turn on the TX before the RX (after binding)? Normal switch on procedure should be TX first, then RX (with swtch off procedure being RX off before TX).
ukbren is online now Find More Posts by ukbren
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:06 AM
Joined Jan 2015
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbren View Post
what happensif you turn on the TX before the RX (after binding)? Normal switch on procedure should be TX first, then RX (with swtch off procedure being RX off before TX).
Turning on the TX first, then the RX, about 10 sec the LED is off, then starts blinking as shown before.
Neuer_User is online now Find More Posts by Neuer_User
Old Yesterday, 05:17 AM
Joined Aug 2011
878 Posts
ok. it was a long shot anyway since it didn't bind properly in the first place.

try binding with the TX a bit further away from the RX - a metre or two. (having them so close together can cause binding issues). if nothing else, just trying to eliminate the easy things - it could of course be that you have a faulty RX.
Old Yesterday, 06:55 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
17,665 Posts
The receiver is MUCH too close to the transmitter. Bind is sometimes possible at such close range but usually requires 0.5 to 1m and may even require 2-3m separation.

The successful bind process leads to a solid light on the receiver. If you don't get that, any other testing is a waste of time.

There have been a couple of reports of problems binding the receiver with the Devo transmitter, but no clear pattern.

Try forcing DSM2 mode.

But first, please try separating Tx from Rx.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Yesterday, 08:44 AM
Wing loading's just a number
United States, MI, Canton
Joined Sep 2002
2,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuer_User View Post
Hi everybody

Thanks for your support.

It is difficult to describe what exactly the steps are I take and the effects. So I decided to make a little video demonstrating it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy1Bny0HTQI
I've read through everyone else's help solutions...I agree the transmitter it too close try 1-2 meters away.

One other thought, I can't tell from your video but if your table or bench is metal, that will interfere with binding...

Good luck.
Dennis Sumner is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Sumner
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM
Joined Jan 2015
76 Posts
Ok, I tried the exact same procedure with the tx about 3m away (other side of the room), still using 100uW. The result is competlely identical.

I then tried using protocol DSM2 and here I get indeed the correct behaviour. The LED goes to a steady on mode after binding (even when binding very close to the tx). I also noticed that there is another red led on the other side of the receiver that also goes on as soon as the connection is functional.

So, does that mean that DSMX mode on my RX is faulty?
Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM
Joined Aug 2011
878 Posts
only other variable i can think of is maybe the dsmx of the devo7 is dsmx/11ms and the dsmx of the receiver is dsmx/22. is there a way to force dsmx/22 in the TX?
(clutching at straws as my 9XR binds in whatever mode the RX dictates)
Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM
Joined Jan 2015
76 Posts
Quote:
only other variable i can think of is maybe the dsmx of the devo7 is dsmx/11ms and the dsmx of the receiver is dsmx/22. is there a way to force dsmx/22 in the TX?
(clutching at straws as my 9XR binds in whatever mode the RX dictates)
Thanks. Seems that gave me the right idea. I searched the net for DSMX and 11ms and did find some reference to some connection to the number of channels. The Devo defaulted to 7 channels, so I tried 6 channels and then 8 channels. With 8 channels it works!

Guess I should file a bug report at deviation (if I find the bug tracker).

Thanks for everybodies help!

P.S.: Still, it would be nice if the slow, irregular flashing would be described somewhere in the Lemon RX manual, so people would know what that means if that happen to get that.
Old Yesterday, 09:46 AM
Joined Aug 2011
878 Posts
haha, that was going to be my next suggestion - to try 8 channels
Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM
Joined Jan 2015
76 Posts
Quote:
haha, that was going to be my next suggestion - to try 8 channels
Well, still that seems to be some kind of bug. It's a 6 channel receiver, so it probably doesn't really make sense to set the number of channels to 8, I guess.
Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuer_User View Post
Ok, I tried the exact same procedure with the tx about 3m away (other side of the room), still using 100uW. The result is competlely identical.

I then tried using protocol DSM2 and here I get indeed the correct behaviour. The LED goes to a steady on mode after binding (even when binding very close to the tx). I also noticed that there is another red led on the other side of the receiver that also goes on as soon as the connection is functional.

So, does that mean that DSMX mode on my RX is faulty?
Do you have the Rx/Stab version or the plain straight Rx w/out Stab? A steady red light on the other side of the Rx/Stab means the Stab is OFF. And the steady green light opposite the red light means you're bound to the Tx.

When using my DX6i, I could not get my Rx/Stab to bind in the DSMX mode so that the control surfaces worked correctly. It worked fine in DSM2. That was true until I bound it to a DX18. It works fine in DSMX bound to a DX18. So I would hesitate to say your Rx's DSMX function is broken. I would be more suspect of something going on with the DEVO setup.
Don
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword
Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
17,665 Posts
I'm a little puzzled by the reference to 100uw. This would be range test mode presumably, as normal power will be something like 100mw. Is it possible that putting the Tx into reduced power range test mode would block binding? Certainly with a Spektrum system, binding and range test modes are mutually exclusive.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Today, 12:12 AM
Joined Jan 2015
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
I'm a little puzzled by the reference to 100uw. This would be range test mode presumably, as normal power will be something like 100mw. Is it possible that putting the Tx into reduced power range test mode would block binding? Certainly with a Spektrum system, binding and range test modes are mutually exclusive.
Well, deviation allows to choose between the following pa settings : 100uW, 300uW, 1mW, 3mW, 10mW, 30mW, 100mW, 150mW
Binding works with all power settings, but range of course differs strongly.