SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 19, 2015, 04:03 PM
I am the robot of pop...
Lake Chargogagogmanchaugagogchubunagungamaug, Webster, MA
Joined Jan 2008
1,245 Posts
I have only glanced through this thread, but I know I found the right one!

I saw the Titan at Kmart today for the first time, and immediately bought one! I saw the potential for a great conversion, and was excited to share it here on RCG thinking that it was a new product (I have been out of RC for a couple years). Glad to see people are still into "toy" conversions and mods.....

My initial thoughts are to glue the wing halves together(flat or polyhedral) , mount them a bit forward on top of the fuse, for a typical pusher "pod and boom" type.... but after browsing through this thread, I've got all kinds of crazy ideas!
iamtheroboto is offline Find More Posts by iamtheroboto
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2015, 05:02 PM
Joined Oct 2014
15 Posts
Heh. Your age may not allow for this particular memory of mine, but when I was young there were a few of us kit bashers making control line (RC was for the well funded kids back then, if any at all) powered models out of $.10 balsa gliders to fly with a .02 or .049 Cox engine, with a little strengthening and elevator mod of course. Funny thing happened when doping the wings and fuse, the wings took on a longitudonal curl while the paint dried and actually formed a rudimentary airfoil. Angle of attack is the biggest lift factor of course, but it made one feel like they had something reminiscent of a real wing. Glad to see the spirit is till alive among us!
N1KHBsonny is offline Find More Posts by N1KHBsonny
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:09 AM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,888 Posts
There are other threads like this where foam toys are converted for RC flight, and some are very, very simple conversions. I see a trend picking up where the builder starts with a foam surf board for kids and gets busy. A few take the balsa wood gliders and mount the tiny indoor guts to them from Park Zone and others. Some use even smaller RC gear from micro-micro models that you have to hunt down the parts for. I am talking about models that fit in the palm of your hand small. They are sometimes called class room fighters.
Tsavah is offline Find More Posts by Tsavah
Old Feb 25, 2015, 07:18 PM
Joined Oct 2014
15 Posts
Heh. If we only had anything like that in my school days, we would have been on permanent detention, even after graduation! All that we had were yoyo's, maybe a little matchbox car or two, and paper planes (sometimes with a needle in the nose).
Old Feb 26, 2015, 07:46 PM
Another one bites the Dust
United States, GA, Savannah
Joined Mar 2013
652 Posts
Heres my basher airhog. Now to maiden
Name: uploadfromtaptalk1425001431155.jpg
Views: 39
Size: 500.7 KB
Description:
shadowolfs is offline Find More Posts by shadowolfs
Old Feb 28, 2015, 03:34 PM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,724 Posts
Nice job...and looks kind of familiar...
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
Old Feb 28, 2015, 05:13 PM
Another one bites the Dust
United States, GA, Savannah
Joined Mar 2013
652 Posts
Lol..yours looks much better.
shadowolfs is offline Find More Posts by shadowolfs
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:08 AM
Joined Mar 2015
1 Posts
Where can I find the Titan?

It is sold out at Target, Walmart, Kmart, Amazon, and Toys 'r us. On eBay, the only ones available are $55.
g2pilot_math is offline Find More Posts by g2pilot_math
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:35 AM
Joined Oct 2014
15 Posts
Even sold out on the company web sites? I'm thinking that they may reappear in stores with the warm outdoors season coming up. If not, you may need to start raiding Dollar Tree to make your own foam board scratch builds. Plenty of plans on the web for a variety of flexible and alterable designs.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:40 AM
Norfolk, Va
Joined May 2006
2,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2pilot_math View Post
Where can I find the Titan?

It is sold out at Target, Walmart, Kmart, Amazon, and Toys 'r us. On eBay, the only ones available are $55.
I haven't seen a real titan in years. Walmart has the raptors though. I've seen them in a few different stores.
fr4nk1yn is offline Find More Posts by fr4nk1yn
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:56 AM
In Rc for a LONG TIME FFAA#1
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2004
1,388 Posts
Walmart in Canada has them target on the other hand is leaving and I looked and they had nothing
laserman is offline Find More Posts by laserman
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:29 PM
Joined Oct 2014
15 Posts
Wow. I guess I was lucky to find the one pristine one I have then. When I got it last year, it was among several in stock at the Waterford, Conn. Target. I'm due for another visit there soon where I'll take a look.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 01:35 AM
Slope Trash
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Oct 2012
117 Posts
They let the stock run down during winter and then re-stock in spring. At least that is the routine for Canadain Tire and Walmart.
McLoop is online now Find More Posts by McLoop
Old Mar 30, 2015, 09:54 PM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,888 Posts
Finding a Foam Glider to Buy

I have run into this problem before, so I have been promoting the buy one and make it into a build over plug. Hobby Lobby (mostly furniture and crafts) has the Raptor that looks like a Titan clone for the most part. I suspect the Titan will continue to be a seasonal toy from time to time.
Tsavah is offline Find More Posts by Tsavah