SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:05 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
@IntegrityHndywrk, very glad to hear the new blades worked out ok, I've ordered some so its nice to hear!.. I'm looking forward to the point when I can what you guys are doing, you guys put me to shame with what you can do, very impressive from where I'm stood mate.

I'm signing off now guys, its like 2:15 am here and I'm cooked , good night people!
RotaryC is offline Find More Posts by RotaryC
Last edited by RotaryC; Oct 12, 2012 at 09:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:14 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryC View Post
Yeah mate this red wine is a killer......... but no..... thank you haha!

Me and you both Bob
Red wine is actually VERY healthy to drink daily. As long as you don't over do it. Oz. for fl. Oz. It's got one of the highest antioxidant properties out of most beverages. Drink up, i won't stop you No go and try and convince the old lady of what i just told you
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:25 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Red wine is actually VERY healthy to drink daily. As long as you don't over do it. Oz. for fl. Oz. It's got one of the highest antioxidant properties out of most beverages. Drink up, i won't stop you No go and try and convince the old lady of what i just told you
Geeze, just logged back on lol My ex wife will no doubt hate the fact that I'm drinking something healthy (in moderation obviously!) haha As for the other women in my life, none of them, for as lovely as they are, are important enough to have an opinion on what I do mate haha
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:38 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
I fond some in het feg,, I'm felleing betert now,, thik ll'i make that ckae tomowwor.. nihgt..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:55 PM
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
Where did you get the main blade holders for the v120d02s or did you make them yourself? I have some extreme one that holds the blades on top of each other instead of side to side like yours. On my 450 I use the tarot main blade holder that holds them side to side.

Quote:
I was cutting grass all day so never mind my dirty hands! lol. I fitted the 130x KDBB blades today immediately after work.

Yes, the 130x KDBB tail blades are very close to the same size as the D02S tail blades. They are a little shorter and narrower. The stock D02S blade shown is actually slightly ground down on the tip from use. So it's a little more rounded and shorter than when new.

BAD NEWS! The 130x tail blades do not fit properly without modification. The blade root is too fat. The inside half of the blade grip will buckle to accept it on the plastic v120d02S grips but they absolutely will not fit the D05's CNC tail grips. Not a big deal because i was looking for wider tail blades anyway for the D05. So you can force fit them on the D02S but the result is a boomerang shaped tail rotor:

I am going to try and fly it tomorrow like this. I assume the tail will drift or act funny. Not sure. I'm not sure the best way to go about grinding it to size and keeping symmetry either. So if anyone has any ideas on best practices with doing so, please speak up.

Otherwise, they look great and the length is not an issue with the tail rotor except in a crash maybe. They shouldn't hit in flight. They end up being the same length as the 140mm CF blades are. I flew with those for a while with no problems with the tail rotor. The trailing edge of the 130X KDBB blade has a little extra length on the root side of the blade as well. Not sure if it matters. Over all the length of the blades is equal to the 140mm blades but they are just as narrow as the stock blades. This is exactly what i was looking for and i have great hopes they will fly well tomorrow. Did i mention they look great?

briareos7777 is offline Find More Posts by briareos7777
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:51 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,197 Posts
Yesterday I had the first real flight with my v2 outside in wind. No symptoms of hitting a wall or self-leveling but I only did some FFF. I love it. I went for it with my broken rotor anti-rotation guide and it did't fret at all but I didn't push it very hard too. I was afraid of popping the link off and hitting something.

Now I need to stop chickening out and do at least a flip, I can't do inverted hovering for more than a few seconds yet and I don't own a simulator. I think I need to take the plunge and buy one cause I'm progressing very slowly and with winter almost here I won't be able to go outside whenever I have time.

Phoenix or RealFlight or Clearview or which one? From what I've read most people go for Phoenix.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Last edited by sbstnp; Oct 13, 2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:53 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
Yesterday I had the first real flight with my v2 outside in in wind. No symptoms of hitting a wall or self-leveling but I only did some FFF. I love it. I went for it with my broken rotor anti-rotation guide and it did't fret at all but I didn't push it very hard too. I was afraid of popping the link off and hitting something.

Now I need to stop chickening out and do at least a flip, I can't do inverted hovering for more than a few seconds yet and I don't own a simulator. I think I need to take the plunge and buy one cause I'm progressing very slowly and with winter almost here I won't be able to go outside whenever I have time.

Phoenix or RealFlight or Clearview or which one? From what I've read most people go for Phoenix.
Phoenix is better than RealFlight if you're into heli.

Check eBay if looking for used ones...
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:27 AM
Joined Nov 2011
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I fond some in het feg,, I'm felleing betert now,, thik ll'i make that ckae tomowwor.. nihgt..
And this is how doctors end up extracting micro heli parts from places they don't belong.
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:41 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by briareos7777 View Post
Where did you get the main blade holders for the v120d02s or did you make them yourself? I have some extreme one that holds the blades on top of each other instead of side to side like yours. On my 450 I use the tarot main blade holder that holds them side to side.

Those are microheli blade holders for the trex 250. I think i got mine at wowhobbies. But they should be available elsewhere too. They don't grip the tail boom on the D02, but i kind of just lay it over the horizontal fin. Stupid Walkera putting their rudder control on TOP. It's in the way. So the foam fork kind of rest over top of it. The extreme ones might grab the boom from the side instead of the top? Not sure. I just happened to buy these because they fit my 4f200 also.

I seriously can't keep up with this thread! LOL.

Quote:
...The 3M tape doesn't come on a roll does it, it comes in strips doesn't it haha
Nope it all comes on a roll. This was just a quick result from google:

@amartolos - I don't think i would consider the Nano CPX as a replacement for the v120. More like a toy to use when you can't fly the v120 outside. The guys flying in that video you posted were very experienced. Don't forget you'll need to upgrade to BL motors or replace the motors every 50 or so flights. Plus the tail motor will hold MUCH worse than the d02s in reverse flight. So it would be cool for in the house without worry of breaking it or damaging your house. But for a replacement of the D02S look at the 130X. It looks like it's going to smack the v120 down. I need to fly one of these things. I wish some of you guys lived closer

Quote:
Yesterday I had the first real flight with my v2 outside in wind. No symptoms of hitting a wall or self-leveling but I only did some FFF. I love it. I went for it with my broken rotor anti-rotation guide and it did't fret at all but I didn't push it very hard too. I was afraid of popping the link off and hitting something.

I use Phoenix. It has all of the Align and Blade helicopters for you to pick from. It has a nice online mode to fly with friends online. Plus the new 3D mode is pretty cool with the ability to fly from in the cockpit of your heli and fly though 3d landscapes. This might get more development later, but it's a nice little add on feature of Phoenix that i don't think the other sims are doing yet. Phoenix 4 is constantly being updated and adding new aircraft models too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonFlyer View Post
And this is how doctors end up extracting micro heli parts from places they don't belong.
Wait, are you talking about getting drunk and experimental, then putting Walkera back where it came from? Because even though they are a POS, i'm pretty sure that would hurt!

IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:11 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
@IntegrityHndywrk, I was looking for Xtreme tape, as in Xtreme production upgrades lol
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:18 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
i fond some in het feg,, i'm felleing betert now,, thik ll'i make that ckae tomowwor.. Nihgt..
Site is playing up! Wont let me enter loads of haha
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:34 AM
Heli addicted.
Joined Jan 2012
232 Posts
Quote:

Clearview is ok to learn you to hover lets say the first 1-2 months.I ve started my practise with clearview bcs with phoenix i couldnt hold the heli steady during hovering over 1-2seconds .When i ve mastered hovering at all directions i moved to phoenix which i am using almost every day the last 10 months.
amartolos is offline Find More Posts by amartolos
Last edited by amartolos; Oct 13, 2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:32 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amartholos View Post
Clearview is ok to learn you to hover lets say the first 1-2 months.I ve started my practise with clearview bcs with phoenix i couldnt hold the heli steady during hovering over 1-2seconds .When i ve mastered hovering at all directions i moved to phoenix which i am using almost every day the last 10 months.
I'll get a sim to begin 3d training, which I suck badly at. Except some flips I can't do much, so the sim practice will help be get better over winter. It's a win-win, I get to fly and get better at it.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined Jun 2008
70 Posts
Quote:
@IntegrityHndywrk, very glad to hear the new blades worked out ok, I've ordered some so its nice to hear!..
As you seems to be located in europe, where did you get them from? I just find them on US sites that do not do overseas shipping.
ju204 is offline Find More Posts by ju204
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:47 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ju204 View Post
As you seems to be located in europe, where did you get them from? I just find them on US sites that do not do overseas shipping.
I got them from WOW, they ship to the UK.