HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2002, 03:37 PM
DS
Belgium
Joined Sep 2001
301 Posts
Rumpler Taube from Ikarus

Does anyone have information about this plane.
It seems the kit contains motor, gearbox and prop ... but I'm not sure. What kind of motor and gearbox is it, what battery used, ... ?
Any comment about it ?

thanks,
DS
DS is offline Find More Posts by DS
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2002, 04:53 PM
Knight who says NI!
UK
Joined Apr 2001
134 Posts
DS, the kit does not contain the motor gearbox or prop, butis built to use the ikarus 280 drive set, which is a 280 motor with the gearbox already installed and includes 2 ikarus propellers, this is a further £10 - 15 or 16 - 25 Euros in Belgium
I have had this model for 3 years now and its still going strong, I use 6 - 7 "AAA" size nimh cells which give 15 - 20 min flights. It flys nice and slowly and looks great in the air, it can handle a bit of wind, a great thing to do is face it into the breeze with a slight bit of throttle and just watch it go up vertically
Overall I would give this plane the thumbs up, an excellent and durable model. (see my avatar for my red version)
jamie516 is offline Find More Posts by jamie516
Old Jan 09, 2002, 10:38 PM
Eastern Pa
Joined Dec 2001
7 Posts
Ikarus taube

You can get the kit and motor from Hobby Club in California. They are in the advertisers links. Check their website for pricing. EAM down in Texas also shows them, but doesn't advertise the matching motor. Some of the guys we fly indoor with have the Ikarus kits and motors, and they fly great. Taube also fly's well with the GWS "A" drive.
Aeronca 46 is offline Find More Posts by Aeronca 46
Old Jan 10, 2002, 02:24 AM
Österreich, Oberösterreich, Laakirchen
Joined Jan 2001
3,352 Posts
Hi ,

I had a Rumpler Taube some time ago. (only to fly after work in the garden behind my house) . She was very easy to fly (so slowly) and a good model for learning rcflying. I used the original drive from Ikarus and 8x700 NíMH (Twincells). Duration over 10 minutes. I did some optical modification (see it in the picture below) . One thing you have to be care, all components (accu, RX aso. so fare forward as possible for a correct CG !!)
I only can rec. you the Ikarus Taube

greetings from vienna

Rudi
Rudi is offline Find More Posts by Rudi