HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2014, 07:06 PM
Seattle
Joined Feb 2004
244 Posts
Discussion
Model Aero Polaris or Aqua Cat ???

Greetings,
I am trying to choose between the Polaris or the Aqua Cat. I spoke with Scott today and he mentioned that the Polaris was better at High Alpha flight, and the Aqua Cat was very stable in the air. Any suggestions…….
Thank you. RMac
RMac is offline Find More Posts by RMac
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:31 PM
Australia, WA, Madeley
Joined Jul 2011
698 Posts
I can't comment on the aquacat but I can say that my polaris has the most use of any of my planes, which speaks to its ease of flight, level of fun and surprising robustness.
You really cant go wrong with a polaris.
Is getting both not an option?
Wormboy is offline Find More Posts by Wormboy
Old Dec 22, 2014, 01:45 AM
Seattle
Joined Feb 2004
244 Posts
No one will have to do……….
RMac is offline Find More Posts by RMac
Old Dec 22, 2014, 09:19 AM
Parkcityflier
Park City, UT, USA
Joined Aug 2001
1,742 Posts
I had one of each and I definitley liked the Polaris best. They are both very good but the Polaris seemed more durable. The twin booms on the Aqua Cat were prone to hangar rash. They both flew well but I liked the way that the Polaris flew better, especially at high alfa. I couldn't see much difference in stability but neither one of them is a trainer. I wore out my first Polaris and am now on the second one and still enjoy it. I fly it off of water, grass, and snow.
parkcityskier is offline Find More Posts by parkcityskier
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:32 PM
USA, NH, Meredith
Joined Nov 2010
48 Posts
I have the Polaris XL and the AquaCat. Without a doubt the Polaris is the better flying plane. I hardly ever fly my AquaCat. I don't know how the standard Polaris compares to the XL though. The XL can be a very gentle flyer. I've taught many people to fly with it on a buddy box. It can still do a lot of acrobatics and high alpha. It's a very versatile plane.
hardija is offline Find More Posts by hardija