HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:51 AM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,943 Posts
Discussion
Why Obama is even doing as well as he is ....

...in this election. And how he got elected in the first place:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video
Boogie_ is offline Find More Posts by Boogie_
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:26 AM
Bagpipes spoken here
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Aug 2007
115 Posts
You might try looking at the candidates your side nominates.
Pipemajor is offline Find More Posts by Pipemajor
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:32 AM
Bagpipes spoken here
Joined Aug 2007
115 Posts
Romney/Ryan won't carry their own home states of Michigan/Massachusetts or Wisconsin.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:09 AM
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
381 Posts
Look for the usual "he was not a true conservative" excuses if he looses. They will also double down on the crazy instead of looking inward as usual.
Sherlock is offline Find More Posts by Sherlock
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:26 AM
AustinTatious
Hurst, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
Look for the usual "he was not a true conservative" excuses if he looses. They will also double down on the crazy instead of looking inward as usual.
I'll do you one better and say just that NOW.

Romney ISN'T a true conservative, at least in the fiscal/constitutional sense.... he does however hold true in the nutty religious department.
AustinTatious is offline Find More Posts by AustinTatious
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:26 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,858 Posts
The nutty religious moonbatty warmongering dept
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:56 AM
"Marcy" VF-A
Marysville, WA
Joined Jul 2004
193 Posts
hmmm. Coming from someone that is attracted to sheep?
wekenav8r is offline Find More Posts by wekenav8r
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:30 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wekenav8r View Post
hmmm. Coming from someone that is attracted to sheep?
Who says I'm attracted to sheep ?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:32 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
448 Posts
We know that Romney is not a deep conservative. No new news there.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:39 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
We know that Romney is not a deep conservative. No new news there.
That is one of his finer attributes I guess
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:08 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
That is one of his finer attributes I guess
Really... Why is that? In times of financial strife I have a hard time understanding people being against fiscal conservationism. How are we suppose to get our finances back on track if we continue to spend like there is no tomorrow... Oh wait a minute... I think I understand... To many in this country, there IS no tomorrow. Or, they think if they don't think about tomorrow and it's potential problems, it all goes away.

Helping the less fortunate and sharing the load and all that wonderful stuff are great when you can afford them. Does it make sense to borrow a dollar to feed a less fortunate person when you can't afford to borrow the dollar in the first place? Does it make sense to hold a gun to the head of someone else and force them to pay the dollar you can't afford?

ET, you seem to disregard our internal needs when you argue for who you think we should elect. Of course, I would expect no less. What do you care if our country gets it's economics back in order... as long as you're fears about our international policies are soothed then that's your idea of our best choice. Unfortunately, that's not the way a lot of people see it over here. We want our interests at home to come first and your interests can follow. Makes sense, doesn't it? Would you feel any different if the tables were turned?
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:15 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
Joined Aug 2007
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
Really... Why is that? In times of financial strife I have a hard time understanding people being against fiscal conservationism. How are we suppose to get our finances back on track if we continue to spend like there is no tomorrow...
It's not so much the fiscal conservatism which has me up-in-arms - it's the scorched-earth social conservatism.

We have:
War on workers rights
War on voting rights
War on environment
War on "all-the-above" energy policy
War on women as equals
War on minorities as humans
War on science as common sense

Our entire eastern seaboard is being pummeled by one of the worst storms in modern history yet, the climate-change deniers claim, "of course it's natural, no need to change any of our habits."

Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:22 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,677 Posts
I don't believe conservatives have a war on all those things. That's hyperbole designed to drive people in one direction. That's the problem with politics these days... Maybe it always was. The partisans have gotten so good at it that they now have come to believe their own hyperbole. It's a stupid situation. A little more honesty in this process is badly needed. I wonder what it's going to take to get that?
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:32 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
War on science as common sense
Science isn't common sense. If it were, no one would have to teach it.

Here's Obama's war on Math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
Did anybody hear Obama say to one of the late night host that he had trouble with 7th grade math? If you missed it here it is.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...7th_grade.html

I have no trouble believing that he isn't the only one in power that has no concept of why we are in the problem we are.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:33 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
Really... Why is that? In times of financial strife I have a hard time understanding people being against fiscal conservationism. How are we suppose to get our finances back on track if we continue to spend like there is no tomorrow... Oh wait a minute... I think I understand... To many in this country, there IS no tomorrow. Or, they think if they don't think about tomorrow and it's potential problems, it all goes away.

Helping the less fortunate and sharing the load and all that wonderful stuff are great when you can afford them. Does it make sense to borrow a dollar to feed a less fortunate person when you can't afford to borrow the dollar in the first place? Does it make sense to hold a gun to the head of someone else and force them to pay the dollar you can't afford?

ET, you seem to disregard our internal needs when you argue for who you think we should elect. Of course, I would expect no less. What do you care if our country gets it's economics back in order... as long as you're fears about our international policies are soothed then that's your idea of our best choice. Unfortunately, that's not the way a lot of people see it over here. We want our interests at home to come first and your interests can follow. Makes sense, doesn't it? Would you feel any different if the tables were turned?
Excellent post. You must be sure the mules that pull the wagon are well fed first.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad