SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:53 PM
New Zealand, Waikato, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2011
822 Posts
Discussion
Forces on Rudder at launch

I'm building a NEOS with rudder - using the spring and string method for controls - I was just wondering what side I need to have the control horn to compensate for forces on the rudder during launch.

is there more force on the pilot side or the other side?
gtrbaby is online now Find More Posts by gtrbaby
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:03 PM
SE Michigan
Joined Dec 2007
188 Posts
The initial launch loading is on the opposite side of the rudder to the launch peg. If you are a right hand launcher, throwing peg is on left wingtip and rudder horn and linkage should be on the right side of plane.
rwait is offline Find More Posts by rwait
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:09 PM
New Zealand, Waikato, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwait View Post
The initial launch loading is on the opposite side of the rudder to the launch peg. If you are a right hand launcher, throwing peg is on left wingtip and rudder horn and linkage should be on the right side of plane.
PHEW!!!!! that is the way I installed it - was hoping I didnt have to cut it off!!!

thanks for the info
gtrbaby is online now Find More Posts by gtrbaby
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:11 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,715 Posts
Lotsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssss
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge