HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:10 AM
Joined Jun 2010
120 Posts
photo 1 glue the bottom fillets on to the wing plate. photo 2 tape the side and bottom fuse up using the tabs. now drop that down on the wing plate the fillets will help hold it straight, only glue at the fillet.
au117 is offline Find More Posts by au117
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:52 PM
United States, MD, Potomac
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts
Do I line up the 2mm fillet with the leading edge?

mkcp40 is offline Find More Posts by mkcp40
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Jun 2010
120 Posts
looks good put your spar in and take the top bulkheads off you will need to lay it flat. The do not cut line is the fillet line look at pic 1
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:57 PM
United States, MD, Potomac
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts
Spar? Is that the black line running between the two wing pieces? I have some CF rod if that is what is needed.
mkcp40 is offline Find More Posts by mkcp40
Old Jul 27, 2012, 08:16 PM
Joined Jun 2010
120 Posts
Yes it is. have you built esprits f-22? the f-35 is based off that type of construction. If you have not, I would highly recommend looking at it. If this is your first 10 in micro jet build i would recommend doing it first its a awesome plane, and after looking at his instructions things should make more sense.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 04:10 PM
No dear, That isn't New!
United States, IL, Urbana
Joined Nov 2006
820 Posts
mkcp40 I used a .052 CF rod. It's just about a perfect fit.
pattypilot is offline Find More Posts by pattypilot
Last edited by pattypilot; Jul 28, 2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:01 PM
No dear, That isn't New!
Joined Nov 2006
820 Posts
I know, if everyone was as slow at building as I am, we would never get to fly it! I have made some progress. Albeit small gains.
Jim
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:40 AM
BVM Viper Fever
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,560 Posts
Hey guys,
I couldn't believe it but au117 gave me the sticks yesterday to his F-35c model. I was so impressed with its small field flying qualities. It ultimately looks like a high performance jet but it flies like a gentle park flyer. With that lifting fuselage it can make tight turns and without any tendency to fall or drop a wing. On 3s most of the flight was at 70% throttle. It was a bit surreal flying this f-35 design in a small park surrounded by trees. Micro edf's have come a long way in the last few years! This model not only looks good but it's light weight and high power makes it so easy to fly. I really like the direction Au117 has gone with this project and his construction and attention to weight reduction is really influencing me on future micro EDF projects! Thanks again for the stick time Au117!
pdawg is offline Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:52 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg View Post
Hey guys,
I couldn't believe it but au117 gave me the sticks yesterday to his F-35c model. I was so impressed with its small field flying qualities. It ultimately looks like a high performance jet but it flies like a gentle park flyer. With that lifting fuselage it can make tight turns and without any tendency to fall or drop a wing. On 3s most of the flight was at 70% throttle. It was a bit surreal flying this f-35 design in a small park surrounded by trees. Micro edf's have come a long way in the last few years! This model not only looks good but it's light weight and high power makes it so easy to fly. I really like the direction Au117 has gone with this project and his construction and attention to weight reduction is really influencing me on future micro EDF projects! Thanks again for the stick time Au117!
So---For high alpha with a tight flying area you would recommend the C model???...Perhaps for a larger flying area the A model would be better???

I'm planning on using the GP fan/motor on 3S...I like the high alpha flying but want to zip around as well...In the video in the hangar---Is that a C model or A model???

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:13 AM
BVM Viper Fever
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,560 Posts
Hi Kevin,
Those are good questions for Au117 to answer. My flight did not get close to pushing the airframe. This Saturday though the guys are going to do some indoor flying and I'm sure au117 will be doing some high alpha flying. I personally have never flown indoors before....should be an experience one way or another. Anyone wanna place bets whether my little F-86 smacks a wall?
pdawg is offline Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:52 AM
No dear, That isn't New!
Joined Nov 2006
820 Posts
You’ll do fine, looking forward to Saturday morning! Should be fun. See you then.

Jim
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Au117---Can you sell the intake bell mouth???...To make it worth your while I'll order 5 now...

Kevin
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:47 AM
Joined Jun 2010
120 Posts
Kevin the high alpha video is the f-22. The f-35 will do maybe 20 degrees, watch the first video that's the A model inside. The c should do a little better., weight is the key to going slow. With the gp 30 on 3s be very careful, only short bursts, you can and will burn it up. I only do 2 high speed passes and then go to 50% for a pass to cool down, most of the flight is at 60 to 70 %.
I had a good time pdawg looking forward to sat. you will do fine. the trees take some getting used to as a background. The walls are the same, Just closer
Last edited by au117; Aug 03, 2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:59 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by au117 View Post
Kevin the high alpha video is the f-22. The f-35 will do maybe 20 degrees, watch the first video that's the A model inside. The c should do a little better., weight is the key to going slow. With the gp 30 on 3s be very careful, only short bursts, you can and will burn it up. I only do 2 high speed passes and then go to 50% for a pass to cool down, most of the flight is at 60 to 70 %.
Thanks for the clarification!!!.......I downloaded both sets of wings......Looking forward to the posting of the decal sheet(s) for the grey camo planes...And about the intake bellmouth---Are you able to make any to sell???......

Kevin
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:51 PM
Joined Jun 2010
120 Posts
Kevin let me see what i can do. i only had 3 made.I will have to get some more made, Jim b will need 1 to. So we will work something out.
I received a prototype25 mm fan using gp's motor to test in the F-35 on 3s. I hope to fly it this weakened.