HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 23, 2010, 04:14 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferbio View Post
Am I the first one to own the v450 in the US? That would be cool.
The first probably was Gofastsam about 4+ month ago from Clubheli he was the one started the v450d01 thread. Their was another thread about v450d01 first problem he had was the tail servo. You can search back an find the thread he started. Have fun Vronny
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:34 AM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Hey guys, first and foremost - MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Do you guys mind to do a quick instructions on how to setup the rx2702v? I ordered one for my Trex250 from Helipal, and I doubt they'd include any instructions to set that beast up.
Thanks

NVM: Found the V450D01 manual @ walkera's site...
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Last edited by thloh85; Dec 24, 2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:46 PM
United States, TX, Vidor
Joined Dec 2004
51 Posts
Had a tail servo failure first. Replaced it with Futuba digitial then I tried a Ino-lab digitial and didn't work nearly as well as the walkera then I lost a cyclic servo and replaced all with align digitial servo's and finally got them to work but it didn't feel as soilid and after a few flights trying to get it dialed in after lifting off it went fulll foward cyclic and the demise of my V450D01. I'm waiting to see if they got the bugs out before making a decision on repairing mine.

Sam
Gofastsam is offline Find More Posts by Gofastsam
Old Dec 24, 2010, 11:30 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofastsam View Post
Had a tail servo failure first. Replaced it with Futuba digitial then I tried a Ino-lab digitial and didn't work nearly as well as the walkera then I lost a cyclic servo and replaced all with align digitial servo's and finally got them to work but it didn't feel as soilid and after a few flights trying to get it dialed in after lifting off it went fulll foward cyclic and the demise of my V450D01. I'm waiting to see if they got the bugs out before making a decision on repairing mine.

Sam
What Futaba and Ino-Lags servos did you try for the tail?

Did the Align servos you used need to be reversed? I know the ones I have are reversed relative to the Walkera ones I have had. If you had to reverse the direction, the Gyro would need to be reversed too. There are switches on the 2702V to do this. When you tilt the heli, the gyro should tilt the swash in the opposite direction. If the Gyro needs reversing it will tilt the swash in the same direction as the heli is leaning which obviously will cause big problems.
ri0grand is offline Find More Posts by ri0grand
Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:42 AM
United States, TX, Vidor
Joined Dec 2004
51 Posts
I used Align DS410M's on cyclic and for the tail I used a Futuba 9650 and Ino-lab HGD-201HB. Yes I reversed the align servo's on the cyclic and rudder and did the receiver setup and had the heli flying but the tail had excessive wander even after trying both servo's and repositioning the ball on servo arm. After completing one flight and when starting the next it might require preforming receiver setup again. Rick@Clubheli talked to Walkera and they said it might be a receiver issue and or possibly servo incompatibly. I was on the 4th or 5th flight after replacing the cyclic servo's spooling up when it happened. I had 5 or 6 flights originally before the rudder servo failed and the heli flew great with good tail authority. I replaced the tail servo and got 4 or 5 more flights out of it before losing the elevator servo and replacing them all. After talking to Rick again it appears the first production run ( which I had ) wasn't being released till all issue's were fixed.

Sam
Old Dec 25, 2010, 07:06 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Jun 2008
48 Posts
which receiver you have installed in your v450d01 ??
as far as i know the receiver and tail servo is changed in the new version...
fassla is offline Find More Posts by fassla
Old Dec 26, 2010, 05:30 PM
United States, TX, Vidor
Joined Dec 2004
51 Posts
It came with the 2702V

Sam
Old Dec 26, 2010, 05:56 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
It came with the 2702V

Sam
So did you reverse the Gyro?
Old Dec 26, 2010, 07:51 PM
United States, TX, Vidor
Joined Dec 2004
51 Posts
Yes sir.... I stated the tail wandered and didn't have the authority as before but was flyable. The gyro and tail direction was correct.

Sam
Old Dec 26, 2010, 08:00 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Yes sir.... I stated the tail wandered and didn't have the authority as before but was flyable. The gyro and tail direction was correct.

Sam
OK just wanted to make sure since reversing servos will require you to reverse the Gyro too. I wasn't sure if my post was clear enough. Aileron, Elevator, and Rudder have separate Gyro reverses. You probably know that but just in case....
Old Dec 29, 2010, 02:42 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
I sure like to hear from the customers who have just received the few V450D01 from us. For those who have preordered on a later date, the ship date is estimated to be 1/5/2011, it is still on schedule according to our shipping manifest that the container will be delivered to our warehouse on 1/4. We might be able to ship some out on 1/4/2011. I am just hoping US Customs won't delay this load.

For guys who are setting up the RX2702V on the Trex, you may have to reverse the gyro sw on the receiver depending on what part of the heli you installed it on.

Jonathan
wowHobbhies.com
wowhobbies is offline Find More Posts by wowhobbies
Old Dec 29, 2010, 02:57 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
As far as the 3 page manual goes. 2 of the 3 pages are from Walkera V450D01manual, except there are quite a few mistakes in the original manual which took us some time to figure out and correct. Guys who have setup an Align 3G should probably get pass these mistakes and figure it out without much problem. After we have edited and corrected the Walkera manual, we made it into step by step and added the critical WK2801 setup which is needed before setting up the gyro.

Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
Old Dec 29, 2010, 03:06 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fassla View Post
which receiver you have installed in your v450d01 ??
as far as i know the receiver and tail servo is changed in the new version...
This is correct. The receiver firmware was updated and Walkera engineers did an excellent job on this with the help of the DKfuji report. The tail servo has some over heat problem but now it runs like a champ at .08 speed. The hardware failure report was generated by a Taiwanese Pro who has also greatly contributed.

Jonathan
wowHobbies.com
Last edited by wowhobbies; Dec 29, 2010 at 03:13 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 03:22 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koshka View Post
Hello. Why the SET button is needed on the receiver R2702V? Two modes of flashing green light for what?
Sorry for my bad English.
This is the difference between this receiver and the RX2610S/V. The receiver must be setup specifically for the WK2801pro you are going to be using. The same settings are no good when exported to another radio. The set button is used to identify the mode under which it's been set and to memorize the end points of the sticks. The flashing sequence is confusing because some of the mistakes in the original manual.

Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
Last edited by wowhobbies; Dec 29, 2010 at 03:29 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 05:42 AM
Joined Dec 2010
7 Posts
Hi Jonathan,
I really appreciate your contribution ! I also need some help on setting the RX-2702V on my Trex 450 with the WK-2801pro. Your step by step guide would really help me out. Could I purchase it separately from you please please.
jpone is offline Find More Posts by jpone