New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2015, 10:11 PM
Find More Posts by SnotDoc
Space Cadet
Joined Apr 2015
2 Posts
Discussion
Marco Polo Saves My QAV250 after "Fly Away"

Long time lurker, first time poster. I wanted to share my experience with the Marco Polo RC tracker system. Alright so first thing is I have no vested interest in the Marco Polo system, but it just paid for itself and saved my quad. The system I have is the RC version (http://eurekaproducts.com/shop/marco...covery-system/)

I was initially very reluctant to shell out the cash for this system, but I bought it to use on my Inspire 1 in case it flew away. I put a tag on my little QAV250 I just finished building just in case. That turned out to be a good decision. I had it out on the second day after building it and was flying around my driveway learning the FPV ropes. I clipped a small tree and this apparently severed one of the antenna leads on the x8r receiver, which caused it to go into failsafe mode. Now I learned afterword (total noob mistake I know) about setting the receiver failsafe which I had apparently set to full throttle because as soon as it clipped the tree, all motors went to full and the quad screamed up so high I couldn't see it. It then drifted away. I noted the direction and grabbed the Marco Polo tracker thingy and got in my car. In the next neighborhood over I picked up a signal and drove around until I found the quad sitting unharmed in some random person's yard. Very close call and I was most thankful nobody was hurt.

I use this system now with a Trackimo device as well (belt and suspenders) and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a compact way to find your lost machine. The dude that makes them is a pretty cool guy too and supports his products well. I will be getting a couple more tags for the rest of the fleet as well.
SnotDoc is offline Find More Posts by SnotDoc
to remove ads between posts