SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 27, 2015, 01:00 PM
Joined Oct 2014
2 Posts
Discussion
Frsky xr8 teranis bind issues

Hi folks, I'm looking for some help. I have just purchased a second X8R Rx and I'm having some issues binding it to my teranis.

It binds perfectly in d8 mode with jumpers, but if I remove the jumpers and try binding in d16 mode 5. It won't bind ( nor will it bind in any D16 mode). It's just stays with a solid green and red light.

The rx looks exactly the same as my original that binds fine, except the new one has a 2015 sticker on the side.

I've also now updated my teranis to the most current firmware, but it's still not wanting to bind the rx in D16 mode.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Andy.littlejohn is offline Find More Posts by Andy.littlejohn
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2015, 01:15 PM
Grow old disgracefully!
Luton, UK
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
Are you in Europe? You may have one of the Rx that comply with the new Eu regulations starting in 2015.

Have a look at the compatability chart attached to see what works with what, and you can see that your symptoms fit if you have pre 2015 Tx and post 2015 Rx.

If that is the case you either need to upgrade the Tx RF deck to the latest spec (and all your old Rx), or downgrade the new Rx to the old spec.
Note that this is the RF system firmware not the usual Taranis open Tx firmware.

Dick
dickw is offline Find More Posts by dickw
Old Feb 27, 2015, 02:33 PM
Joined Oct 2014
2 Posts
Hi Dick, yeah I'm in Europe with pre 2015 tx. That seems to be my problem, how do I downgrade the rx or upgrade the tx?
Andy.littlejohn is offline Find More Posts by Andy.littlejohn
Old Feb 27, 2015, 05:49 PM
Grow old disgracefully!
Luton, UK
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
I don't use FrSky myself so don't know the answer to your questions, but a search of RC Groups may find a thread on the subject. There are quite a few FrSky threads.

Alternatively, it is discussed here:-
http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/....asp?th=104775

Dick
dickw is offline Find More Posts by dickw