HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2014, 06:30 PM
Croatia, City of Zagreb, Zagreb
Joined Dec 2014
6 Posts
Discussion
EF Sabre - need advices on upgrade/repair

Hi all,
I'm mostly into cars, especially crawlers, only flying machine was V911, that I love mostly cos it bears with my poor skills so heroically.
Recently I got EF Sabre for a very low price. It was in a terrible shape, but I found some advices and reviews, and fixed most of problems, including several days spent on balancing main rotor.
However, it either is needs more fixing, or I'm that terrible. But I'm doing OK with V911, so I cannot figure out what going on. I simply cannot handle Sabre, barely can lift it of the ground, falling all over the place, and today I broke tail rotor.

So, I was thinking about doing some affordable (cheap) upgrades, but nothing over the price of the new heli in this size.
Here are my questions:

1) Any way to fix or modify main rotor in a manner like it is, say, on V912? Foldable, or what is the correct term?

2) No matter what I do to swash blades, they keep rotating on their shafts and changing angles.
Is it OK to replace them with weights only?

3) Manual says it has some gyro, but man, it ain't working or I do not know what is going on?
Is it worth to buy new receiver board from some other heli that may work with current motors?
Or to get regular receiver and separate gyro?

4) I'm having hard time finding tail rotor.
Can I use form any other heli?

Thanks in advance!
Renato
Renato71 is offline Find More Posts by Renato71
Last edited by Renato71; Dec 25, 2014 at 01:39 PM. Reason: title, off topic questions
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2014, 09:47 PM
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
1,113 Posts
4.....4 channel Fixed Pitch with 6-axis gyro....go window shopping to banggood.com....you will feast your eyes.....look specially at Hisky brand....Welcome to the Forum....you are joining at the right time....I joined late after two years + into helis....lots of nice people that really help you out with great advice....
Had to look up your heli online....it has a flybar which makes it more complicated to fix....suggest your next heli be without one....FBL.....flybarless....
ChespiIker is offline Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Last edited by ChespiIker; Dec 15, 2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 05:32 AM
Joined Dec 2014
6 Posts
Thanks for reply.

OK on 4 ..... 4 channel Fixed Pitch with 6-axis gyro.
But, only thing that I can find at Banggood from Hisky are small helis, and Sabre is larger, with main rotor of about 50cm.
If I cannot fix Sabre, I would like to get a new heli in about this size.

Is it possible to install rotor and hub from some other heli?

PS - I'm total beginner in helis, and all I can find regarding FBL is that it is NOT recommended for total beginners?

Can someone advice on how to convert flybar into articulated head?

BR
Renato
Last edited by Renato71; Dec 16, 2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 07:09 PM
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
1,113 Posts
Look at WL toys in banggood....for an FP....ok if it has flybar if it is the size you want.....four channels...
ChespiIker is offline Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Old Dec 18, 2014, 01:06 AM
Joined Dec 2014
6 Posts
Thanks for reply.

And, any ideas about upgrading Sabre?
Can I use PCB from some other heli?
Old Dec 25, 2014, 01:40 PM
Joined Dec 2014
6 Posts
Bump

Is it worth to ask anything about this heli?
Or is it too outdated to be worth any attention?
Old Dec 25, 2014, 04:51 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,408 Posts
a pretty old heli, not worth upgrading....you will spend allot of time an money upgrading, this one is similar but self stabilizing....none of these FP single rotor helis are great, you will grow out of it pretty quick

http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-V-2_4...-p-922705.html

good luck!
ewoodcox is online now Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Dec 25, 2014, 04:59 PM
Joined Dec 2014
6 Posts
Thanks for reply!

Well, I'm one of those that hate to throw working stuff into trash.

Regarding that V915, I was seriously considering that one, primary for the looks of it. It looks like you were reading my mind
Old Dec 25, 2014, 10:05 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
10,050 Posts
Helis have advanced so much last three years. If older heli is flying thats fine, but they are mere footnotes in the past.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04