HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM
keep um between the tree's
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Feb 2013
1,876 Posts
moved

gm gents, the move was a cluster . i gotit done though.durk dog is lost lol.all i have left to do is level it and gf is going to put things away for me. hangover house warming lol.

take care
kildar is offline Find More Posts by kildar
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM
Childlike Activity for Adults
United States, MA, Cummington
Joined Dec 2012
3,742 Posts
Tracy- with enough "house warming" the house will "appear" level . Good to read that things are slowly progressing. Scooter should adjust soon; moves are disruptive.

I am glad that GF is helping organize things. I hope that you can find things later . I never seem to be able to find anything after wifey helps me organize stuff .

Good luck.

Jay
jbrumberg is offline Find More Posts by jbrumberg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Improving Visibility
Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
12,801 Posts
WOW! We've been watching all the snow on the National News.... Is it ever going to let up on you guys? I saw an interview with a guy who was in a sports dome... I think it was set up for ice skating. He said he heard cracking noises in the dome roof and evacuated the building. About 3 minutes later the entire roof collapsed. No injuries!!! They showed a large parking lot that looked empty. But, the entire place was full of cars....under the snow. Yikes!

I almost hate to do this but, for the next week..... our forecast here is 80 for today, and it will stay in the 80's or high 70's all week. Blue skies for a change. No wind. I was packing a $1600 order from my web site.....and it got so hot out in the barn I h ad to come inside.
You guys stay warm!!

Buzz
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,534 Posts
Wow poor Buzz must be going through "manopause", he is getting hot flashes.

The sun is shining through thin clouds and a few lazy snowflakes are floating down. Have to leave town shortly to take my daughter to her appointment, glad the nasty weather is staying away until tomorrow.

Glad you have the move done Tracy. Once you got her levelled and the furnace fixed the rest will be easy. Now Scooter can get further away from you when he can't be bothered.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
12,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Wow poor Buzz must be going through "manopause", he is getting hot flashes.

The sun is shining through thin clouds and a few lazy snowflakes are floating down. Have to leave town shortly to take my daughter to her appointment, glad the nasty weather is staying away until tomorrow.

Glad you have the move done Tracy. Once you got her levelled and the furnace fixed the rest will be easy. Now Scooter can get further away from you when he can't be bothered.
Hahahahaha! "Manopause"??? I gotta remember that one. I think I've already been through that. I went out to the barn, started the tractor.... loaded my trailer with shipping boxes from India, and pulled them up and into the garage. It's much cooler in there. But loading in the barn nearly did me in. I had to turn the central A/C on in the house. I think Spring has sprung down here. It was such a sudden change from the low 30's to 80+ overnight! I haven't acclimated to hot weather yet.

Have any of you ever used Gorilla tape? These are big boxes so I bought a roll that's 4" wide. I opened the package and it's going to take two people to pull the dang stuff off the roll. Boy, is it ever sticky!
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,396 Posts
I just ordered a UMX Radian. hehehe

Tracy, glad to hear ya got it set up and moved in. Stay warm bro.

Buzz, you suck. Telling these poor guys about your warm weather when they are under all that cold snow. How cruel?!? hahahahahaha Hope you know I am jesting.

Durk...be careful traveling. Your history dosn't read well. Watch for snow thru the windshield bud.

Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Childlike Activity for Adults
United States, MA, Cummington
Joined Dec 2012
3,742 Posts
It reached 30F here today and sunny . All the snow melted off that roof . The wind gusting to +28 mph actually blew the snow drifts away from my access point at the woodpile My deck is a mess but my slider and door are clear. Very interesting snowdrift patterns that will be managed after this pending weather event tomorrow.

I have not cleaned the snow and ice off the vehicles, they have not moved, the driveway is almost "pristine" except for some boot prints, cart path trails, and dog trails , and some other tracks . By Wednesday I'll probably move at least one of the vehicles just to pick up the mail

I usually do not mind Winter in NE. I do not mind and am equipped to manage the NE Winters. This has been an atypical winter for this area as to timing and frequency of the storms (but not the snowfall accumulations here) and extremely low temperatures, etc. The conditions are now approaching "fun levels" for snowshoeing around here If I can only stop the constant (atypical) shoveling due to this (atypical) snow.

I need to get one of my X1's airborne soon. I need to fly something other than a Kong Ball for Miss Gracie Lou or a snowball. . I should check the weather data.
jbrumberg is offline Find More Posts by jbrumberg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Improving Visibility
Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,534 Posts
Well I made it to London and back with no problem there was snow drifting across the road on the way up but coming back was fine.

Now I have a strange incident here. I put two bottles of water in the centre cup holder Saturday and forgot to take them out when we got back home. So this afternoon at 1:30 as we left the house I brought two fresh bottles into the van as after two days and nights at below freezing temperatures the bottles in the van would be frozen solid,night?

Well yes and no. The one bottle was solid ice but the other bottle had not one bit of ice in it!

The only difference was that the bottles of water were two different brands. How is this possible?
Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM
is always breaking stuff :D
United States, MI, Charter Twp of Clinton
Joined Dec 2014
191 Posts
Quote:
Well I made it to London and back with no problem there was snow drifting across the road on the way up but coming back was fine.

Now I have a strange incident here. I put two bottles of water in the centre cup holder Saturday and forgot to take them out when we got back home. So this afternoon at 1:30 as we left the house I brought two fresh bottles into the van as after two days and nights at below freezing temperatures the bottles in the van would be frozen solid,night?

Well yes and no. The one bottle was solid ice but the other bottle had not one bit of ice in it!

The only difference was that the bottles of water were two different brands. How is this possible?
1: I'm impressed you got to London and back so quickly, and that you are able to just drive across the Atlantic. I didn't know they had built a bridge.

2: There's purified water, distilled water, spring water, Artesian well water, as well as all the different brands...you get the idea. I would think that certain impurities in certain types of water would lower their freezing point. Also, which one was on the south side of the console?
Crash Override is online now Find More Posts by Crash Override
Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Override View Post
1: I'm impressed you got to London and back so quickly, and that you are able to just drive across the Atlantic. I didn't know they had built a bridge.

2: There's purified water, distilled water, spring water, Artesian well water, as well as all the different brands...you get the idea. I would think that certain impurities in certain types of water would lower their freezing point. Also, which one was on the south side of the console?
They were side by side, almost touching, east and west of console. But the differences would not cause the extremes, one rock solid hard ice and the other just cold water. My daughter asked which one of us put the alcohol in it. That would explain it but it was pure water.

Very, very strange.

No London Ontario Canada is only 32 miles south west of us.

By the way I see you live in Clinton, that is only an one hour drive from us on our side of the border.
Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,396 Posts
Hahahaha, too funny Crash...Durk didn't need no stinking bridge. He just needed a looooong straight and a good high ramp. Vrrroooooomm!!!

hahaha
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM
is always breaking stuff :D
United States, MI, Charter Twp of Clinton
Joined Dec 2014
191 Posts
Quote:
By the way I see you live in Clinton, that is only an one hour drive from us on our side of the border.
That's about right, actually. Once I get my passport back in order, I'll be able to visit Canada again. I wonder how Customs feels about transporting model aircraft across borders?
Crash Override is online now Find More Posts by Crash Override
Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Override View Post
That's about right, actually. Once I get my passport back in order, I'll be able to visit Canada again. I wonder how Customs feels about transporting model aircraft across borders?
I am talking about the town of Clinton Ontario. You live in the county of Clinton in Michigan USA. A reference regarding your posting about London England. I know you were jesting,

Same with Woodstock where I live. Some of my relatives in Holland (not Holland Michigan) thought the big Rock Festival was here and not the one in New York. Glad it was not here!
Old Today, 12:16 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post

Lee
Hey, stop copying me! You can't go out and buy everything I bought.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Today, 01:23 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
12,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Lee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Hey, stop copying me! You can't go out and buy everything I bought.
Yeah, what a coincidence
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012