SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 28, 2013, 07:56 AM
United States, PA, Macungie
Joined Dec 2012
65 Posts
Discussion
Ideas for best flat clear top coding to the cover surface of a RF P 47

I have a StarMax P 47 model on the way which is nicely finished with colors and markings. I don't want to a total repaint or remark as the color that's supplied and the decals and the detailing look almost exactly like what I want. This is a big model, 1600 mm so it can probably handle the additional weight of at least two or three topcoats of whatever I select.

I want to do quite a bit of weathering and detailing on the surface of the model. I want to overcoat the entire model with at least one or two coats of flat clear. Which coating will give me a dead flat surface and also with several coats be able to toughen up the surface of the foam sufficiently for my needs?

Some other threads mentioned Minwax and Krylon both crystal-clear and flat is there anything else in a spray can which will do as good or better a job. What I'm looking for is something that will be dead flat and stiffen up the outer surface to prevent hangEr rash and other little things from appearing?

Right now I'm leaning towards the Krylon crystal-clear flat.

Thanks in advance for any and all comments.
Vieux Charles is offline Find More Posts by Vieux Charles
to remove ads between posts