HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:12 PM
Spain, GA, Corunna
Joined Jan 2011
328 Posts
Discussion
Aurora 9 Problem

Hi, since yesterday i have a problem with my A9 that it doesnīt make any movement on servos or motor when i move the sticks or switches...

I have a Spektra module and Optima 9 an also a Frsky Telemetry module with a bunch of receivers. all of the receivers with both systems works fine, with Frsky i can see the green light as he has signal imput, and if i switch the radio off, it moves the servos to a failsafe position, so the receivers are fine.

I think this started when i connected a sim to my jack connector on the back of my A9. i saw strange on the Sim that it showed the rudder channel on ch 6, but i could use it and fly after reversing and calibrating the sticks.

But the next day i went to flew at local park with my foammy and the esc didnīt make any sounds, nothing, no servo movement..
I was back to my home, i took a tricopter, i also, no arming nothing.
At the end i decided to go with an trusted quad but i neither worked! i then i realised it had to be the transmitter, A9.

Making some tests at home i discovered that the KK2 of the quad was telling me no yaw imput?? i checked the reciever test that has inbuilt, and it shows i can move rudder and aux 1 but they are changed, if i moved rudder it shows as is aux1 and the other way. No input form ail, elev and throttle...

After all of this test icame back to the sim and tried to connect it again but the tx does not seems connected, alert of not connected. Ihave re-upgraded the A9 to 1.09... nothing changed.

With the Optima 9 i have tried again and the same, no imput, the red light is on, and the battery of the bec is on the Aurora screen, but all the sticks and switches doesnīt work.

I have tried to search on google but have any luck with this kind of problem, hope somebody can help me, because I CANīT FLY.

Before this problem it was working flawless

P.D: sorry if my english is not perfect, iīm Spanish
lougedo is offline Find More Posts by lougedo
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:35 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lougedo View Post
Hi, since yesterday i have a problem with my A9 that it doesnīt make
any movement on servos or motor when i move the sticks or switches...
I have a Spektra module and Optima 9 an also a Frsky Telemetry module with a bunch of receivers.
all of the receivers with both systems works fine, with Frsky i can see the green light as he has signal imput,
and if i switch the radio off, it moves the servos to a failsafe position, so the receivers are fine.
I think this started when i connected a sim to my jack connector on the back of my A9. i saw strange on the Sim
that it showed the rudder channel on ch 6, but i could use it and fly after reversing and calibrating the sticks.
But the next day i went to flew at local park with my foammy and the esc didnīt make any sounds, nothing, no servo movement.
I was back to my home, i took a tricopter, i also, no arming nothing.
At the end i decided to go with an trusted quad but i neither worked! i then i realised it had to be the transmitter, A9.
Making some tests at home i discovered that the KK2 of the quad was telling me no yaw imput?? i checked the reciever test that has inbuilt,
and it shows i can move rudder and aux 1 but they are changed, if i moved rudder it shows as is aux1 and the other way.
No input form ail, elev and throttle...
After all of this test icame back to the sim and tried to connect it again but the tx does not seems connected, alert of not connected.
Ihave re-upgraded the A9 to 1.09... nothing changed.
With the Optima 9 i have tried again and the same, no imput, the red light is on, and the battery of the bec is on the Aurora screen,
but all the sticks and switches doesnīt work.
I have tried to search on google but have any luck with this kind of problem, hope somebody can help me, because I CANīT FLY.
Before this problem it was working flawless
P.D: sorry if my english is not perfect, iīm Spanish
""i saw strange on the Sim that it showed the rudder channel on ch 6, but i could use it and fly after reversing and calibrating the sticks.""
Quite normal. Different Sim initial setting relate to the different Tx as used by writer of each Sim.
Different brand Tx have channel output in different sequences, refer the Hitec TX _Setup Clearview, FMS & RC DeskPilot.pdf attached to:
Hitec Aurora 9 - Simulator Interface Function Set-up

"With the Optima 9 i have tried again and the same, no input, the red light is on, and the battery of the bec is on the Aurora screen, but all the sticks and switches doesnīt work."
Not seen here previously.
1. To check A9 is processing correctly, please remove both Tx module and battery,
then move on/off switch up & down. Re-insert the battery and module, select transmit "No".
Next depress the black "AFHSS" Icon, after screen changes, select Transmit "Yes" and check the
black "On Air" Icon has changed to transparent "AFHSS On Air" .
If the icon remains black, it is possible that an incorrect size Mono plug was used
with the simulator cable (3.2mm<3.5mm).
A larger plug may have pushed the little connecting lug to far backward and is no longer reconnecting the circuit
for signal transmission when mono plug has been removed.
The socket will then need to be replaced.
A low cost item, not worth trying to repair and cause later disconnection problems when flying.

2. If transmission is shown to be normal, check that the electronic mode was not changed whilst trying to setup the simulator
. Aurora 9 - Transmitter Mode Change.

3. Constant removal of modules could loosen one or more pins.
Check all pins exposed in the transmitter module socket are firm and clean.
Clean pins regularly with a soft cotton bud dampened with Isopropyl Alcohol.

If above does not resolve issue, contact your distributor:
Hitec Warranty & Service - homepage.
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
"Hitec USA customer service department is available Monday through Friday*
from 7am- 4:30 pm Pacific time. Reach us at 858.748.8440 or
service@hitecrcd.com any time you have a question"

• If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:37 AM
Spain, GA, Corunna
Joined Jan 2011
328 Posts
Thank you,

I have contacted with local distributor because neither worked
lougedo is offline Find More Posts by lougedo
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:22 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,121 Posts
Possibly a defective module. Also check the physical connections (antenna etc)
TTRotary is online now Find More Posts by TTRotary