HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:09 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
My term for flying the quad, nose forward and just using reverse pitch to bring the quad back to you within safe distance. This way you don't get confused with your roll control being reversed, which is critical if you've lost orientation and need to quickly regain it.
O I got ya i do this to sometimes.
o does the H36 you sell have the 6 gyro?
reptileman is online now Find More Posts by reptileman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:14 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptileman View Post
O I got ya i do this to sometimes.
o does the H36 you sell have the 6 gyro?
The H36 is only 3 axis gyro, no accelerometers.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:33 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,430 Posts
Quote:
The H36 is only 3 axis gyro, no accelerometers.
Ok
thanks
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:54 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman View Post
I'll have to disagree with you on that. But, I'm more of a plane pilot, so I guess my brain works differently in that way. I think it's pretty bad practice to "reel it in" vs keeping your orientation and flying forward like a scale aircraft would.
I'm the same way as you, although I've never flown a fixed wing (yet). I actually get uncomfortable 'reeling it in' and am much more comfortable keeping forward flight. that's how I've trained myself, you could call it personal preference.
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:05 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,430 Posts
well I put the final touches on the MEAN GREEN MACHINE!!

Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:43 PM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
I once flew my QR1 up to what seemed to be 100' up (4 stories?) on a suggestion from a friend to see what a power off recovery would be like. Funny thing, and I should of known this was going to be the result, once you power off, it just free tumbles and when you power on, chances are you will be inverted. A full throttle power up into Louisiana clay from 100' up may not be dynamically a throw into a wall but I bet it is equal to it in force. Once recovered, I took the time to level the blades, no bent shafts, never unplugged the lipo, recalibrate and took off and finished flying the lipo out. I am still flying on the same props since Christmas and I have crashed into chain link fences, walls, polls and terra firma. No bent shafts and never been broken. Not saying it can't be, but you have to want to break it to do so. Mine is unmodded and still flies like new. Love this little quad and it is quite resilient.

Orion
Your actually wrong, I just got my x4 today, and it had a little hit to the wall (maybe 1-2 meters off the ground) and one of the motors stopped working.. this is a really cheap quality quad.
rctech96 is offline Find More Posts by rctech96
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:49 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctech96 View Post
Your actually wrong, I just got my x4 today, and it had a little hit to the wall (maybe 1-2 meters off the ground) and one of the motors stopped working.. this is a really cheap quality quad.
Clearly it's your fault as this quad is bulletproof. You should give up quad flying and quit staining the impeccible reputation this quad has.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:59 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,148 Posts
X4/qr1 may not bulletproof, but it have better flying characteristic compare to other
bangkomit is offline Find More Posts by bangkomit
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:09 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkomit View Post
X4/qr1 may not bulletproof, but it have better flying characteristic compare to other
I bet this flies better than an X4\QR1 with a dead motor:

Site Sponsor
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:20 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,148 Posts
Is it far better than v202 with a dead motor?
You seem hate too much to Hubsan. Posting everything negative about X4/qr1.
If you have problem with them, better talk to them since you sell their product also rather than attacking in every x4/qr1 threads.
bangkomit is offline Find More Posts by bangkomit
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:32 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkomit View Post
Is it far better than v202 with a dead motor?
You seem hate too much to Hubsan. Posting everything negative about X4/qr1.
If you have problem with them, better talk to them since you sell their product also rather than attacking in every x4/qr1 threads.
Yes it is, question is the percentage of V202 owners who've killed their motor in a crash or on their second flight.

I am the Yin to your Yang Bangkomit, and any other 'Blinders Full On' propaganda pushers. At least I admit the V202's flaws. How many WL Toys reps have been banned from these forums? How many Hubsan reps have?

Bangkomit, denying the issues only makes you and Hubsan look worse. The truth will set you free. And I'm not attacking every post, only responding negatively to the propaganda ones. May I remind you that I'm the one that came up with the prop-guard band aid that's probably saved Hubsan\Traxxas alot of money in returned quads.

Guess what? This is the first and LAST Hubsan product we will carry. The only Hubsan parts we may carry are the accessories for the unfortunate souls who will have to constanly and often repair their X4's. We've already talked to Husasn, and their sorry offer were some body shells.

No worries though...........the X4 has indeed been cloned (not speaking of the Traxxas rebrand) and I cannot wait for it to come out so we can get a REPUTABLE source for this quad.

Oh yeah...........Hubsan is pissed at us for hurting their sales........so they don't exactly want to talk to us a whole lot.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Feb 14, 2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:37 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptileman View Post
well I put the final touches on the MEAN GREEN MACHINE!!

I really like your paint job. It looks like what my old eys need to allow this quad to utilize more of my yard. What type of paint did you use? I have used flourescent orange on my larger sailplanes but it was never as vivid as your green.

Also, do you think your paint will slow heat exchange or impede motor cooling?

I guess you're in a perfect position to see if there is any real difference having two painted and two unpainted motor cans.
gentle ben is online now Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:45 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben View Post
I really like your paint job. It looks like what my old eys need to allow this quad to utilize more of my yard. What type of paint did you use? I have used flourescent orange on my larger sailplanes but it was never as vivid as your green.

Also, do you think your paint will slow heat exchange or impede motor cooling?

I guess you're in a perfect position to see if there is any real difference having two painted and two unpainted motor cans.
Hi I used pactra RC spray paint i first used the fluressent white backing they have for there fluressant colors then i sprayed there fluressant green over it.

the motors if you want you can pull them out and scrape off the paint with a exacto blade.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:51 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
I'm suprised the paint adheres so well to the motors that you have to scrape it off. That's pretty good stuff.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:13 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,430 Posts
Quote:
I'm suprised the paint adheres so well to the motors that you have to scrape it off. That's pretty good stuff.
Yea pactra Rc paint it's like real car paint.