HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:57 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1 Posts
Discussion
MGT Drivetrain Help

I have an MGT I picked up used and have some doubts over whether the 4wd drivetrain is functioning correctly. This may be entirely expected, but I wanted to explain the behavior and see if its the tranny or my logic that is flawed.

1). With the brake engaged, the truck will roll freely on the front wheels but is locked as expected on the rear

2) spinning either the front or rear driveshaft results in the rear wheels spinning but not the front

Both of these behaviors seem abnormal to me, however I have no baseline to go on since the truck was used. I've also been having issues with second gear shifts that may or may not be related, Thanks!

Kyle
kknack1 is offline Find More Posts by kknack1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:40 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,901 Posts
Sounds like it has a one way front diff...

Will it roll forwards and backwards on the front wheels with the brake locked, or just forwards?
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons