SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by dag214, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:52 AM
It only takes one good idea
dag214's Avatar
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superconductor View Post
Snip

Yes indeedy .. but wop wop with turbine.

I know it's AH1 but basically the same drive train ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEJYAYX9PJk

Dave.
Now that is out of this world cool.....

DAG
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:53 AM
It only takes one good idea
dag214's Avatar
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
This really made me laugh this morning when a pal e-mailed this to me (this is NOT his video) No idea who this guy is.......
Unbalanced Washing machine self destructs (3 min 47 sec)


DAG
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:32 PM
Registered User
coptercptn's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2008
426 Posts
I gotta tell ya....(after I wipe the tears from my eyes) this guy has WAAAYYYY too much time on his hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
coptercptn is offline Find More Posts by coptercptn
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:49 PM
73 de 2E0IUI
Superconductor's Avatar
UK, Newton-le-Willows
Joined May 2010
111 Posts
1 . He must have a devoted spouse

2 . I guess it won't be long before the "trance" remix hits utoob

3 . I could have used that machine . Mine blew a couple of days ago . /me relies on sisters love for a few weeks now

Thanks for posting.

Dave.
Superconductor is offline Find More Posts by Superconductor
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:59 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
zen@lanset.com's Avatar
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superconductor View Post
3 . I could have used that machine . ....
I couldn't help thinking about the waste of a useable washing machine too. Prices for appliances are up.

BTW: this morning I saw the 747 carrying the Space Shuttle make two passes over the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I went almost directly overhead at my morning heli flying field!
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Last edited by zen@lanset.com; Sep 22, 2012 at 12:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:11 AM
It only takes one good idea
dag214's Avatar
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com View Post
I couldn't help thinking about the waste of a useable washing machine too. Prices for appliances are up.

BTW: this morning I saw the 747 carrying the Space Shuttle make two passes over the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I went almost directly overhead at my morning heli flying field!
Very Cool.......

DAG
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:14 PM
Sic itur ad Astra
sparks59's Avatar
United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi
Joined Aug 2009
1,603 Posts
Hey Dag,
Not aviation related at all..but I think this is way too cool to miss.

RYNO Motors Full Story (6 min 51 sec)


sparks
sparks59 is offline Find More Posts by sparks59
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:34 AM
It only takes one good idea
dag214's Avatar
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks59 View Post
Hey Dag,
Not aviation related at all..but I think this is way too cool to miss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1YoC...eature=related

sparks
Man the size of the gyros in that, and the speed at which they must all compute must be huge!!!!!!!

KEWL..... DAG
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:44 AM
It only takes one good idea
dag214's Avatar
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
An observation about RCG and many who post here.

Over the last 8 years I have really enjoyed RCG, it has been a KEWL place to meet great designers, thinkers, builders, and friends. Many that post here start with a project to share, or are looking for information on a challenge they have. Then there are trolls, or "it's" that just like to post a ton of info to say "hey all look at me, I am somebody". I most cases I just feel sorry for them, and in a few rare cases they are sharing info that many feel is solid, but in fact has no substance. Please people, before you listen to these type look at these basic things. 1. How many planes have they posted that are flying, and how well do they fly? 2. How much of what they are saying has any facts, what are they sharing to show it is true, or possible. 3. CAD drawings and blurry photos mean nothing if you don't show a real flying project that you can offer in support of what you are doing, or you are sharing as fact.

And beware of post like this:

2,300" UAV from Sterling planes to be powered by Chevy Volt power system and to be FPV. And then you see a bunch of CAD drawings and some sanded foam that looks like a fuse showing that someone has learned how to use CAD nad can sand, but has zero to show they have done anything more than having 6000 post on RCG.

Rock ON!!!!!

Rant over.....

DAG
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:47 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
mike2663's Avatar
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,139 Posts
Too funny but unfortunately so true.

Mike
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:00 PM
Registered User
coptercptn's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2008
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
An observation about RCG and many who post here.

Over the last 8 years I have really enjoyed RCG, it has been a KEWL place to meet great designers, thinkers, builders, and friends. Many that post here start with a project to share, or are looking for information on a challenge they have. Then there are trolls, or "it's" that just like to post a ton of info to say "hey all look at me, I am somebody". I most cases I just feel sorry for them, and in a few rare cases they are sharing info that many feel is solid, but in fact has no substance. Please people, before you listen to these type look at these basic things. 1. How many planes have they posted that are flying, and how well do they fly? 2. How much of what they are saying has any facts, what are they sharing to show it is true, or possible. 3. CAD drawings and blurry photos mean nothing if you don't show a real flying project that you can offer in support of what you are doing, or you are sharing as fact.

And beware of post like this:

2,300" UAV from Sterling planes to be powered by Chevy Volt power system and to be FPV. And then you see a bunch of CAD drawings and some sanded foam that looks like a fuse showing that someone has learned how to use CAD nad can sand, but has zero to show they have done anything more than having 6000 post on RCG.

Rock ON!!!!!

Rant over.....

DAG
OK.. that does it!! I'm not showin ya the "coptercycle" plans!!!
(and it was sweet..No blades and Lipo powered!!!) anti gravity..
coptercptn is offline Find More Posts by coptercptn
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:43 PM
It only takes one good idea
dag214's Avatar
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coptercptn View Post
OK.. that does it!! I'm not showin ya the "coptercycle" plans!!!
(and it was sweet..No blades and Lipo powered!!!) anti gravity..
Hey buddy.

Was great seeing you and your buddy. Was really happy you could stop by.

And anti gravity is easy, its the dilithium crystal thats a bit_ch..... But I am sure if you sand some foam you can tell everyone you can do it, and when it will ship...

Rock ON!
Damon
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:54 AM
73 de 2E0IUI
Superconductor's Avatar
UK, Newton-le-Willows
Joined May 2010
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com View Post
I couldn't help thinking about the waste of a useable washing machine too. Prices for appliances are up.

BTW: this morning I saw the 747 carrying the Space Shuttle make two passes over the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I went almost directly overhead at my morning heli flying field!
Cheers for the pix . Been following NASA exploits since the moon landing . I was 6YO.

NASA TV even offers the feed free . but despite begging BSKYB there seems no-chance we will get it in the UK . Sad!

Rgds.

Dave.
Superconductor is offline Find More Posts by Superconductor
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:32 AM
It only takes one good idea
dag214's Avatar
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Wow, you can't trust anyone..... Everyone said they would not take any pictures.

Oh well....

DAG
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
Last edited by dag214; Sep 26, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:57 AM
73 de 2E0IUI
Superconductor's Avatar
UK, Newton-le-Willows
Joined May 2010
111 Posts
Photoshop!
Superconductor is offline Find More Posts by Superconductor
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Is it junk, or do I just have it set wrong? c131frdave Power Systems 9 Jul 15, 2012 06:46 PM
Discussion Motorizing a drawer slide FlyVA CAD/CAM 2 Jul 07, 2012 08:59 PM
For Sale Houston area - Trade my junk (3 DLGs + 1 other glider) for your motor glider junk? Dukester Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 9 Jul 30, 2009 08:23 PM
Discussion well i was going through my drawers NZ_Nitro Fuel Plane Talk 6 Mar 21, 2007 10:48 PM
Fs ::: Cleaning Up My Drawer. Check It Out !! jrotor Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 16 Jan 24, 2004 08:07 PM