HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2011, 12:07 PM
Northern Kentucky
Joined Sep 2010
16 Posts
Discussion
Aquacraft Atlantic Tugboat

I was at the LHS shop last night to pick up another battery for the Bristol Bay I bought a month or so ago and noticed the tug in the window. So I picked it up.

My question is hatch cover doesn't seem as tight as the BB, it just snaps in place not frictioned fitted like the BB. Also the BEC and ESC we're loose in the boat(not velcro'ed down like the BB) and when you take the superstructure off, the wires pull the BEC and ESC up out of the bottom. Is this normal?
Thanks

Mark
mark_painter is offline Find More Posts by mark_painter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2011, 12:43 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,445 Posts
That is a great little tug with lots of promise with a few mods. I have one and here are a couple links to threads about the mods some of us have done.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...tic+harbor+tug

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...tic+harbor+tug

Those parts should be fitted as shown in the attached pic. The only thing I remember staying attached to the cabin when removed was the cabin lighting wiring.

Hope this helps...oh and that hatch won't fit like on the Bristol Bay...it should have a latch to hold it down though....
Capt.Crash is online now Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Jul 11, 2011, 06:51 AM
Northern Kentucky
Joined Sep 2010
16 Posts
Thanks Capt,
I appreciate the reponse! I've head good things about this boat and can't wait to try it. I reckon I was looking for something built as well as the BB.

Have you had any issues with it taking on water? I noticed the ESC has some silicone coating on, where my BB does not.

Thanks
mark_painter is offline Find More Posts by mark_painter
Old Jul 11, 2011, 07:18 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_painter View Post
Thanks Capt,
Have you had any issues with it taking on water? I noticed the ESC has some silicone coating on, where my BB does not.

Thanks
I get a litle water up my rudder tube in warm weather....but I added a bulkhead and sponge to help manage it. It does not leak in the winter....I guess the grease doesn't thin down as much?
Capt.Crash is online now Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Jul 11, 2011, 07:44 AM
Tugboat Enthusiast
Joined May 2011
73 Posts
My first boat is an Atlantic, and I've not had any problems as far as operation goes yet. But a bit more ballast wouldn't hurt your model. And that's a nice idea, capt!

/Jonatan
JonatanTuggy is offline Find More Posts by JonatanTuggy