HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2010, 08:59 PM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.au View Post
When available, how do we go about ordering OSD+?, who should we PM?.
ditto
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:07 PM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob00 View Post
all im seeing is another girl lol
heyyyy what about the product???

For the other question: Yes PM will do fine when my status on page one changes to "now for a limited time offer at $99", goes up... then the doors are opened.
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:10 PM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,775 Posts
Product??? Which One.

John
Have ever thought of doing your bits in kit form. That way us poor underpaid (basicly cheap) fellows can save a buck or two?
Martin Y is online now Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly Fox Glider
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:24 PM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
Well I think $99 is dirt cheap, lets not forget the features this tiny guy offers and many do not understand the amount of time went into this project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Y View Post
Product??? Which One.
John
Have ever thought of doing your bits in kit form. That way us poor underpaid (basicly cheap) fellows can save a buck or two?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:27 PM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH View Post
Well I think $99 is dirt cheap, lets not forget the features this tiny guy offers and many do not understand the amount of time went into this project.
True. I was just thinking of the lrs. Doing smt work is the least of my worries.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:13 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
Indeed Martin but I say majority of the folks in general are not as advance as you. The main cost for us in Dragon Link is the RF Module, the manufacturer has us by the b@11$ on that one so we have no control over how Dragon Link is marketed as is. Still you guy must remember before we jumped into that, all LRS were either $900 or $500.... then we stepped in at $345. We will continue to do our best to keep the cost down for you guys for we were all down that road too when we liked to have many things but couldn't afford it.

John
Old Mar 19, 2010, 02:55 AM
Yeah Baby
Joined Apr 2006
1,396 Posts
Actually this is an optical illusion, if you look carefully you can just make out the Dragon osd and dragon link

Simon
bignose13 is offline Find More Posts by bignose13
Old Mar 19, 2010, 07:26 AM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH View Post
Indeed Martin but I say majority of the folks in general are not as advance as you. The main cost for us in Dragon Link is the RF Module, the manufacturer has us by the b@11$ on that one so we have no control over how Dragon Link is marketed as is. Still you guy must remember before we jumped into that, all LRS were either $900 or $500.... then we stepped in at $345. We will continue to do our best to keep the cost down for you guys for we were all down that road too when we liked to have many things but couldn't afford it.

John
Advanved, I wish. I'm good with the old IC'd, transistor'd, tubed stuff. I'm just starting to play with the programable's. I can modify/repair almost anything but when I see what you guys are doing. It blows me away. Being an adult (now thats funny) thats a bit hyperactive. I just like keeping the O'brain box and hands busy.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2010, 07:33 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,530 Posts
i wouldn't say 99 is dirty cheap, i'd say its a perfect price 130 is a pretty good price as well.

the only missing thing is flight stabilization, sadly most OSDs do not propose this feature.

the DL /thomas LRS are "too" expensive however, but as pointed out its the best there is currently at this price range
jimbob00 is offline Find More Posts by jimbob00
Old Mar 19, 2010, 09:26 AM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,232 Posts
$99 is a killer deal IMHO.
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:08 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,960 Posts
The 20-30 units is a too small quantity, imo, and surely will harm the one in the wrong time zones at the announcement moment.
I propose you to have the whole quantity divided on continents or time zones, and let them go only what is remaining unsold after a whole day run.
Also, don't accept multiple quantity orders from the same location.
Also, would be nice if you accept preorders in the day before, or even now, to have an idea about the interest.
Just some silly proposals to make people happy
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:26 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Hmmm... fair enough. How about 50 units? Actually the units are ready to go. Just waiting for John to make the final decision on when exactly.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:33 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,530 Posts
ha but it advantages people not from usa (vast majority of the forum is from usa).. oh wait, i'm not from usa, all good ! xD
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:38 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,677 Posts
Beleive me, you do not want the OSD in a Kit, dont let its very small size deceive you. There is a LOT on that board, and it takes a commercial soldering equipment to even mount the parts, it would literally be impossible with a soldering iron. Even if you could get one small enough many of the connections on the chips are underneat them and impossible to see or get to. This is high technology miniturization at its best !

The price is a steal, considering that every other OSD that is around 100 dollars has big blocky letters ( Cheap low performance charactor generator ), no autopilot, and not even a small amount of the features the Dragon Does. The only displays that even come close to the Dragon in features and quality cost 300 dollars or more !!! In no way is this price just OK, its a breakthrough for FPV

As far as where they are sent, I think the first 7 should go to Miami !!!

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:56 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,530 Posts
i plan to get a DOSD+ as it's indeed good and competitive, however i always feel the need to correct some things :P

- simpleosd, 42 USD, sharp and crisp display (not the same category of featureset, but there are nice cheap OSD..) that's why i own one!
- RVOSD that you're talking about, has stabilization and "fluid" display of the horizon, also it can RTH even when you lose video (can DOSD RTH without video ?)

In fact as some know here, if DOSD+ had stablization it'd be the best OSD hand downs in my eyes. I'm not sure if it's going to happen tho. Time will tell.