HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2007, 10:43 PM
Planet Jupiter
Joined Jan 2005
1,746 Posts
Discussion
What yall recommend me getting on HobbyWireless?

I am currently saving for one of th Hobbywireless Plug&play systems. I just discovered (not scrolling down far enough on the page) the 1000mW camera setup. I really like that but dislike the fact that the video TX has to be atleast 18" away from the RX on the plane

so, is the FPV905 and the upgraded Sony cam what I should get? and maybe the 8dBi Patch Antenna to fly farthur away? and also even in the tree lined streets? Lol

-Dan
bamm is offline Find More Posts by bamm
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2007, 10:14 AM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamm
and also even in the tree lined streets? Lol

-Dan
If you want friends here, don't talk like this until we know you, even for joking. Someone who fly in street for real put our hobby in jeopardize.

A newbie who wants 1000mw and patch antenna and the first goal is to fly far have great chance to cause an accident. Start with 500mw, it's enough. Use KX131 cam if you want good result at first attepmt. all others choice you will make is experimental and it will be hard for us to know if it will work well.
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Oct 13, 2007, 01:23 PM
Joined Oct 2006
493 Posts
Hey Bamm whats up?

Some people do get a little touchy about flying in the street and such. I have been in this forum for over a year now and finally started getting some respect. I am sure some still get mad at me for FPV flights I have done. Read alot, ask q's and try to be nice. I learned the hard way and hate getting yelled at, especially by VRFlyer for he is my Mentor, I'm sure he would love to choke me for a FPV Videos here and there. He is right 500mwatt can be an overkill sometimes. So start with that and a 3dBi or 8dBi. Have a spotter and don't fly far during your first flights in FPV. Be smart and careful and you should be fine. Nice meeting you.

Todd
youtube.com/masterflyer
Domoson is offline Find More Posts by Domoson
Old Oct 13, 2007, 03:31 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,981 Posts
Do it but don't tell it. I'm not an angel
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Oct 13, 2007, 05:59 PM
Joined Oct 2006
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRflyer
Do it but don't tell it. I'm not an angel
We all knew it After almost 8 years of FPV'n.....you must have been a devil sometimes
Domoson is offline Find More Posts by Domoson