HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2013, 01:53 PM
Joined May 2013
7 Posts
Discussion
Help with helicopter

So I bought a ucontrol helicopter today at a yard sale. There is no remote, or charger(which I think is in the controller). But I'm used to Rc( I have a 2wd slash, and an axial crawler) I'm just not sure if I can program it to run off of another controller or not. I paid 2 dollars for it, so I can't go wrong. If I can't use it for actual flying ill take the motors out an have fun with them. Anyways, please let me know if its worth keeping together. Thanks, Jesse
Imajalapeno is offline Find More Posts by Imajalapeno
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2013, 01:58 PM
A&P in training
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Dec 2008
1,264 Posts
Do you have any info or pictures? One thing is, whirlybirds are a whole other level of RC and 6 channel helicopters make driving an RC roadcar childsplay, a huge learning curve for noobs. Sounds like it could very well be a Co-axial though (Two sets of rotors), which are much easier to learn and fly on.

Welcome!
ASTREA1 is offline Find More Posts by ASTREA1
Old May 11, 2013, 02:08 PM
Joined May 2013
7 Posts
Yes it does have 2 rotors. I have flown a few of these before. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a picture.

Thanks for the quick reply
Old May 11, 2013, 02:26 PM
Joined May 2013
7 Posts
http://www.coolgizmotoys.com/images/...970c-320wi.jpg

this is exactly what it looks like,not sure about much info on it though.
Old May 11, 2013, 02:36 PM
A&P in training
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Dec 2008
1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imajalapeno View Post
http://www.coolgizmotoys.com/images/...970c-320wi.jpg

this is exactly what it looks like,not sure about much info on it though.
I had the same one a while back just blue. I don't know if you will be able to track down just a remote for it though, possible but I doubt it. If you really want to get into RC helicopters (you should ) go check out the "Micro heli" thread. I would suggest a single rotor helicopter to start with just to speed up the learning process. Also, these Co-Axials really don't teach you to do much besides hover, a single rotor will help prepare you for the world of CP helicopters. Hope this helps!
ASTREA1 is offline Find More Posts by ASTREA1
Old May 11, 2013, 02:45 PM
Joined May 2013
7 Posts
Well I was wondering if I could use a different controller.
Old May 11, 2013, 02:47 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Wow, the 3 channel copy of the Gazaur Poseidon. That was a great heli, was before it's time, never really caught on because it was funny looking. The 3 channel copy was also too weird looking for most people. You probably won't find much that will benefit you. The odds of finding a compatible 27mhz controller with the same frequency crystal are really small and would probably cost more than a new 3 channel coax.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; May 11, 2013 at 02:54 PM.