HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:44 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr View Post
whats your gyro gain set to?

your transmitter is in heli mode h1, right?
Yes, the transmitter is in Heli mode H-1.

As far as gryo gain, are you referring to the settings on page 70?

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/8j-manual.pdf

Thanks for your help!
MogusMaximus is offline Find More Posts by MogusMaximus
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:55 PM
RCGroups Editor
Matt Gunn's Avatar
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,189 Posts
nope, that acro gyro (acro means fixed-wing in Futaba speak).

Page 87 and 88 for heli gyro.

Is this your first time using this tx? just wondering, cause futaba programming can take a few minutes to understand, then your good to go. YOu want to be in AVCS mode, and set the gyro to about 10% on the switch in one direction, then maybe 30% in the other switch direction. That will give you tame, and "sport" if you will.
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:06 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr View Post
nope, that acro gyro (acro means fixed-wing in Futaba speak).

Page 87 and 88 for heli gyro.

Is this your first time using this tx? just wondering, cause futaba programming can take a few minutes to understand, then your good to go. YOu want to be in AVCS mode, and set the gyro to about 10% on the switch in one direction, then maybe 30% in the other switch direction. That will give you tame, and "sport" if you will.
First time with ANY tx

Thanks for the direction, I'll give it a shot and report back.

Edit: You're a GENIUS. Works like a charm. I think it needs to be trimmed as it drifts around while in a hover. Time to do more manual reading. Thanks webdr!
MogusMaximus is offline Find More Posts by MogusMaximus
Last edited by MogusMaximus; Feb 01, 2013 at 05:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:10 PM
Shipped to work. Wife safe.
Thai's Avatar
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
This looks almost identical to the $35 Syma X1?
Thai is offline Find More Posts by Thai
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:41 PM
RCGroups Editor
Matt Gunn's Avatar
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,189 Posts
No, they dont. Except for the size and the fact they are quads
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:47 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
This thing is super agile. I'm glad I got it as it is great practice for when my "real" quad is finally built and ready to go.
MogusMaximus is offline Find More Posts by MogusMaximus
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:37 AM
Registered User
GoatZilla's Avatar
Joined Sep 2005
1,066 Posts
Was this an advertisement or review?
GoatZilla is online now Find More Posts by GoatZilla
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:46 AM
RCGroups Editor
Matt Gunn's Avatar
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,189 Posts
nice, goat.
What didn't you like about it?
Do you have the 1SQ? If so, please let me know any issues you've found with it.
Thanks,
Matt
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:23 AM
Registered User
Colin Geisel's Avatar
Canada, ON, Angus
Joined Aug 2007
23 Posts
I just picked one of these up this week. It's my first quad, and I mostly fly aircraft. I set it up with an Anylink on a Futaba 9CAP. After a little trial and error with the transmitter programming, I'm finally able to hover it and fly it around not too badly.

The only issue that I have is that the quad always requires a little left rudder input to stop it from rotating to the right. Gyro settings don't seem to affect it at all, trim does not correct it (not sure if it is supposed to?), all the motors are seated correctly in the holders and prop height does not seem to change it either. Is there anything else I can check?
Colin Geisel is offline Find More Posts by Colin Geisel
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:26 AM
Registered User
gilford, new hampshire, usa
Joined Nov 2003
825 Posts
OK I have one and I have test flown it and it is a lot of fun. But, where is that bind button????
nebuchadnezzar is offline Find More Posts by nebuchadnezzar
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:04 AM
RCGroups Editor
Matt Gunn's Avatar
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,189 Posts


bottom right side of the board.
Matt
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:50 AM
Shipped to work. Wife safe.
Thai's Avatar
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Ok seriously, I can't see what major differences there are between the 1SQ and X1. The X1 is almost 1/4 the price and the specs are almost identical, if not in favor of the X1. The X1 actually comes with a larger 350mah battery (compared to the 1SQ's 250mah). They both have a 3-axis gyro. 2.4ghz radio. This article is supposed to be a "review" so me questioning it's comparison with another is with merit. If it was an advertisement, then I wouldn't be so quick to take away it's thunder.
Thai is offline Find More Posts by Thai
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:13 AM
Registered User
CSpaced's Avatar
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jun 2006
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai View Post
Ok seriously, I can't see what major differences there are between the 1SQ and X1. The X1 is almost 1/4 the price and the specs are almost identical, if not in favor of the X1. The X1 actually comes with a larger 350mah battery (compared to the 1SQ's 250mah). They both have a 3-axis gyro. 2.4ghz radio. This article is supposed to be a "review" so me questioning it's comparison with another is with merit. If it was an advertisement, then I wouldn't be so quick to take away it's thunder.
They are two different quads, they're not even the same size.

The X1 is bigger than the 1SQ, hence the bigger battery and props. I've flown both, and the X1 isn't nearly as agile as the 1SQ. The props on the X1 are gear reduced, where as the props on the 1SQ are directly mounted to the motor shafts. There are lots of little differences if you look, because they are two different quads. Plus I know that parts support for the 1SQ is unmatched.

All quads use a 3-axis gyro. Using that to say that two quads are the same is like saying a Toyota and a Ford are the same car because they both have wheels.
CSpaced is offline Find More Posts by CSpaced
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:16 AM
Shipped to work. Wife safe.
Thai's Avatar
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSpaced View Post
They are two different quads, they're not even the same size.

The X1 is bigger than the 1SQ, hence the bigger battery and props. I've flown both, and the X1 isn't nearly as agile as the 1SQ. The props on the X1 are gear reduced, where as the props on the 1SQ are directly mounted to the motor shafts. There are lots of little differences if you look, because they are two different quads. Plus I know that parts support for the 1SQ is unmatched.

All quads use a 3-axis gyro. Using that to say that two quads are the same is like saying a Toyota and a Ford are the same car because they both have wheels.
Gotcha. That's what I was asking before!
Thai is offline Find More Posts by Thai
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:18 PM
RCGroups Editor
Matt Gunn's Avatar
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai View Post
Gotcha. That's what I was asking before!
And you could not figure all that out just by looking at the pictures of the two? Ive never flown the x1, but just by looking at the pictures I could tell the gear drive was a major standout. Props are different, cowl is different. YOu could have spotted this stuff Thai.

Not trying to give you a hard time, but you're bashing my review and saying its an advertisement. Why? I covered setup, detailed descriptions of the parts, and settings for the transmitter for best results. I took every picture myself, wrote a completely honest review, and shot the video. What should I have done to make it less of an advert? Take blurry pictures? Maybe make up negative aspects so to seem unbiased?

Give me some ideas bro.
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product HELI-MAX 1SQ Quadcopter flydown Mini Multirotors 2145 Nov 09, 2014 11:18 AM
Discussion New Heli-Max 1SQ micro quad Hamanu Mini Multirotors 1 Oct 24, 2012 06:15 AM
New Product New Heli-Max 1SQ micro quad Hamanu Multirotor Talk 0 Oct 23, 2012 09:12 PM