SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:12 PM
Joined Aug 2012
4 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King Shipping

This may be the wrong forum. If so, I apologize. Anyway, I decided to jump back into the hobby after a decade and placed an order with Hobby King to give me enough stuff to build until the giant switch in the sky flips back to rain mode. I placed my order on Aug 28 and haven't seen a tracking update since Sep 3. I'm in Washington State. I'm wondering what kind of delivery times are typical, since none of the obvious places (HK, USPS, my mailman) seem to have any information about my package. Is it panic time yet, or this completely normal?

Thanks for any info, soothing words, or dire warnings.
WriterJFPerkins is offline Find More Posts by WriterJFPerkins
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:27 PM
Joined Aug 2008
7 Posts
I think is time to send an e-mail to HK customer service, does you created an account? if you did, login and see the status of your order
Normal waiting time for an order is 2-3 weeks, maybe there is a problem with your order
Best luck
Tzirancamaro is offline Find More Posts by Tzirancamaro
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:43 PM
Aurora Municipal, Illinois, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,619 Posts
If you broke the cardinal rule of ordering a back ordered item you'll be on the Hobby King treadmill until the item comes in. If you have a back ordered item you will need to try and get them to remove that item from your order so they can send the rest.
bullseye000 is online now Find More Posts by bullseye000
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:19 PM
New Zealand, Marlborough, Blenheim
Joined Jun 2012
509 Posts
If you have ordered a plane from Hong Kong then chances it will be sent from China mainland first (1 week) then shipped to Hong Kong before dispatch. Your order should show JIT if this is the case. I have also found that the tracking number takes some 4-5 days to register
otherhalf2 is online now Find More Posts by otherhalf2
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:58 AM
Joined Aug 2012
4 Posts
Thanks for the input, everyone. The order was completed and shipped very quickly. I could track it through HK's link to Singapore Post for a few days. The last entry said it was handed over to the airline. That was on September 3rd. That tracking number doesn't seem to work with anyone expect SIngPost. I've been trying to talk to HK since the 30 day mark, but I keep getting the same answer, which is a cut n' paste response that basically says they will investigate, but it may take awhile. I've seen that response three times now. I also checked with the USPS with no reply other than to say they are investigating, and with my local mail carrier in case it has been sitting in my local post office. I'm willing to wait, but that fact that no one can come up with any information makes me worry. Not a great experience for my first RC order in years.
WriterJFPerkins is offline Find More Posts by WriterJFPerkins
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:10 AM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Deleted
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:51 AM
Joined Oct 2012
586 Posts
My last order of batteries, props and y-connectors took 20 days. None of it was backorder.
billisfree is offline Find More Posts by billisfree
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:00 AM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
4,063 Posts
The tracking won't work once it leaves China... it could be on a slow boat. If you ordered batteries, it could take upwards of 6 weeks, some places it takes longer to receive than others just because of customs. I usually get HK orders within 3 weeks, even with batteries, but that may just be my luck. If all you need are parts, batteries and the like, hobbypartz.com is really the way to go in the future... they're based in CA, so even better for you.
ChillPhatCat is offline Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:14 AM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
Try using the Honk Kong Post Tracking Number in the U.S.P.S. tracking system...it COULD be they have it. You're probably not gonna have the "Brown Truck" delivering it, so you might THEN want to check for damage before your mail carrier departs...
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:19 AM
darn you, kakka carrot cake.
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2012
1,016 Posts
yeah ive got about 6 orders on hobby king, 3 are on back order and i ordered them on the 23rd of September and no sign of them.

does anyone know how long it will take for HK to stock up so my things will be taken off back order?
derpron is offline Find More Posts by derpron
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:26 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
5,013 Posts
Yeah, but he's already been waiting for 5 weeks with no answers. All I have to say, is you order from HK, be prepared for whatever happens. Price isn't everything you know. If you had gone to your LHS, you would be flying now.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,337 Posts
I've always gotten three emails right off the bat.

1. to say the payment has been received
2, to say the part is being routed or something like that
3. to say the part has been packed and ready for shipment

and finally that it's been shipped...

You haven't received any of those types??

and NEVER order anything that is on back order unless you have lots of patience

I ONLY order planes that have threads on rcgroups and after I've read the thread to learn what others have discovered. EVERY plane I've ordered needed a little something here or there and ALL fly great..AFTER the tweeks...
rtbates is offline Find More Posts by rtbates
Last edited by rtbates; Oct 10, 2012 at 10:32 AM. Reason: add
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:30 AM
AMA 994002
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
All but one of my orders out of Hong Kong went Swiss Post, which, once the package is Stateside, you can still use that tracking number in the U.S.P.S. system, and I'm pretty sure Hong Kong Post is the same. I'd just try that number in U.S.P.S., and see what you get...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:31 AM
AMA 994002
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbates View Post
I've always gotten three emails right off the bat.

1. to say the payment has been received
2, to say the part is being routed or something like that
3. to say the part has been packed and ready for shipment

and finally that it's been shipped...

You haven't received any of those types??

and NEVER order anything that is on back order unless you have lots of patience
In 9 orders through Hobby King, I've NEVER gotten any notification unless I checked in my account. That was the only way I knew anything got shipped.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:44 AM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by colj00 View Post
yeah ive got about 6 orders on hobby king, 3 are on back order and i ordered them on the 23rd of September and no sign of them.

does anyone know how long it will take for HK to stock up so my things will be taken off back order?
Always order backordered items separately from. In stock items. If not you might not see your order for months.
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush