SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:18 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I think it's helping mine,,, at the same low flight speed the angle of attack is less so less tip stalling.. Use that rudder!!!!
roger that.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:24 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,333 Posts
I noticed on the stock version that I had to use rudder a lot.

i was hoping that this mod will let me use ailerons in corners more like i am used to lol

Quote:
I think it's helping mine,,, at the same low flight speed the angle of attack is less so less tip stalling.. Use that rudder!!!!
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:28 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
I noticed on the stock version that I had to use rudder a lot.

i was hoping that this mod will let me use ailerons in corners more like i am used to lol

Ryan it's time for you to grow up and learn to fly like a man.... with rudder...

Why not set it up where the ailerons working as ailerons only,,,,only go up and not down at all in mix 1 for flying right side up and only down and not up with mix 2 for flying upside down. They you can get by without using the rudder..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:35 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Ryan it's time for you to grow up and learn to fly like a man.... with rudder...

Why not set it up where the ailerons working as ailerons only,,,,only go up and not down at all in mix 1 for flying right side up and only down and not up with mix 2 for flying upside down. They you can get by without using the rudder..
Yes I agree! The 4Site makes you use rudder with aileron or coordinated turns. I am a Heli flier so I'm use to it.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:41 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly View Post
Yes I agree! The 4Site makes you use rudder with aileron or coordinated turns. I am a Heli flier so I'm use to it.
Ryan flies mode 1 isn't rudder and aileron on the right stick in mode 1??
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:05 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,333 Posts
No

Rudder right; aileron left

I can use both as I fly helis too remember bob?
Lol

I just thought that this mix might help coordinate aileron turns so tue plank doesn't pitch as much.

Quote:
Ryan flies mode 1 isn't rudder and aileron on the right stick in mode 1??
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:57 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
No

Rudder right; aileron left

I can use both as I fly helis too remember bob?
Lol

I just thought that this mix might help coordinate aileron turns so tue plank doesn't pitch as much.
Yea that's what's making me tease you so much,,,, as usually heli pilots are good with the rudder.. I have been noticing that even outside flying the little Champ that I find myself using the rudder stick more than the aileron stick when in slow flight and taking off and landing and the right stick for flying and whipping it around the sky.. even though both actually control the rudder.. Just shows that even I can remember and use skills that I pick up 40 years ago when flying 4 channel underpowered heavy airplanes that required coordinated turns just to keep them in the air.. To me this is still the most fun, how slow can I make it go without it falling out of the sky... Was flying the Champ today on fresh snow and was able to make many landings without making a ski mark on the snow.. It was a little bit windy,,, And cold but boy was I having fun...
Old Jan 11, 2011, 09:25 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,333 Posts
cool

I had fun with my snow ski outfitted champ last week landing on one ski lol

Quote:
Yea that's what's making me tease you so much,,,, as usually heli pilots are good with the rudder.. I have been noticing that even outside flying the little Champ that I find myself using the rudder stick more than the aileron stick when in slow flight and taking off and landing and the right stick for flying and whipping it around the sky.. even though both actually control the rudder.. Just shows that even I can remember and use skills that I pick up 40 years ago when flying 4 channel underpowered heavy airplanes that required coordinated turns just to keep them in the air.. To me this is still the most fun, how slow can I make it go without it falling out of the sky... Was flying the Champ today on fresh snow and was able to make many landings without making a ski mark on the snow.. It was a little bit windy,,, And cold but boy was I having fun...
Old Feb 03, 2011, 05:44 PM
rcplaneflierguy
USA
Joined Feb 2011
4 Posts
Hello,
I need help. I got my 4-site in the beginning of dec, so i can fly it pretty good. I wanted to add flaperons for some more fun. I did what you said but I cant get it to work. When i flip the flap switch the ailerons go in different directions. Im kinda new with the dx6i so if someone could help me but kinda simple ide appreciate it. Thanks
rcplaneflierguy is offline Find More Posts by rcplaneflierguy
Old Feb 03, 2011, 06:00 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplaneflierguy View Post
Hello,
I need help. I got my 4-site in the beginning of dec, so i can fly it pretty good. I wanted to add flaperons for some more fun. I did what you said but I cant get it to work. When i flip the flap switch the ailerons go in different directions. Im kinda new with the dx6i so if someone could help me but kinda simple ide appreciate it. Thanks
Go to the servo revering screen and reverse the flaps.
Old Feb 03, 2011, 08:08 PM
rcplaneflierguy
USA
Joined Feb 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
Go to the servo revering screen and reverse the flaps.
I did that but then they just switch sides. I wish there was some kinda video tutorial that would show you this lol but I can't get it
Old Feb 03, 2011, 08:36 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplaneflierguy View Post
I did that but then they just switch sides. I wish there was some kinda video tutorial that would show you this lol but I can't get it
Its not that hard. Put everything back to stock and try again using this thread.. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1362105
Old Feb 03, 2011, 08:38 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
I suggest every one use this thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1362105 as it has been simplified and has worked for others that have tried it.
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:19 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,333 Posts
I agree - worked great for me

Quote:
I suggest every one use this thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1362105 as it has been simplified and has worked for others that have tried it.
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:38 PM
rcplaneflierguy
USA
Joined Feb 2011
4 Posts
Ok I fallowed the instructions and it still doesn't work. When I flip the flap switch the ailerons go in different directions. If I reverce the aileron it flips the controls, and if I reverce the aux1/flap it does nothing!