HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:51 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
I know there's a few gyro testers here. Has anyone here tried the ALZRC gyro? $39 Free Shipping!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GYT001-GY...item1c2c149277

That looks like the Tarot GY-650 gyro, which is brilliant and works very well on the 250. Great deal!
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:55 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,223 Posts
YES YES , You all need one of these !!!!!!

Great fun in the winter months indoor flying
Second flight of the 929 quad copter (2 min 18 sec)
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:51 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
Great fun in the winter months indoor flying
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPTaY...ature=youtu.be
That looks like a lot of fun to fly!!
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:15 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Bjorn with his 250

Björn Dommershausen with his T-REX 250 DFC (2 min 55 sec)

man i wish i could fly like that. I really need to practice more on the sim(Phoenix)! But sometimes my old age is getting to me. My reflexes aren't what they use to be, and I get the tremble in my bones!. I wish i was young again
Last edited by pitchp; Jan 09, 2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:38 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,223 Posts
I wish I could too. I am not consistent on piro flips, I just can't get them all the time . Either I get half or crash
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:21 PM
Gaui X3, Diatone 250 Mini Quad
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,644 Posts
I can kind of do prio flips, they are more slow than the pro's can do, however. I have been getting better at doing them faster, but I am still working on it.
BladeScraper is online now Find More Posts by BladeScraper
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:35 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpilot786457 View Post
I can kind of do prio flips, they are more slow than the pro's can do, however. I have been getting better at doing them faster, but I am still working on it.
kool Your lucky kpilot, you're still young. Everything will be so much easier to learn and pick up. As for us old guys here, unfortunately it takes ages to even try to master just one maneuver. Perhaps one day you can please show us your flight sim video with stick movements? That would be nice.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:41 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,445 Posts
Just had my first "real" flight with my HK250 since I crashed it about a year ago. All repaired, running an HK FBL head with a ZYX-S gyro and 3.5 firmware.

I almost didn't go flying - it's -16C outside (about 3F). It was a bit warmer yesterday (-4C) and so I charged up the batteries. The forecast for today was -14C, but I decided to toss the heli in the car anyways. I really wanted to fly, and the cold here is dry and when it's sunny out the cold isn't too bad. The transmitter glove really helps!

What a great little flyer. I forgot how much I missed this little gem - the sound, the precision and the compact size. No inverted, just some tic-tocs, big loops, rolls and precision hovering. Simply awesome.

I do find the collective a little soft with the ZYX, I may try to fiddle with the pitch curve to make it a bit more responsive. Tail holds awesome with a little kick with the collective (I have 10pts of pre-comp, I may increase that to 15) and the stops are accurate with no bounce, but slightly soft. Cyclic control is fast and sharp. I'm running a flat 100% pitch curve with the Turnigy 4200kv motor (purchased a few years back, mind you).
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:09 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,779 Posts
Is it still considered mandatory to get Align feathering shafts and belt for this bird? I don't plan on flying 3D, just trying to keep it out of the dirt. I got my kit a few months ago so it's not too old. I already got spare HK feathering shafts and belt, a shame to throw them out...

And which manual should I download for assembly?
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Last edited by shahram72; Jan 10, 2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:21 PM
AMA# 980507
United States, FL, Loxahatchee
Joined Feb 2011
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Is it still considered mandatory to get Align feathering shafts and belt for this bird? I don't plan on flying 3D, just trying to keep it out of the dirt. I got my kit a few months ago so it's not too old. I already got spare HK feathering shafts and belt, a shame to throw them out...

If you got those spares already, I say fly em till you break them then replace them with the Align parts. Just an FYI, the stock HK feathering shafts are pretty brittle and I had to replace mine in like a week. The stock HK belt I havent broken and has been fine for over 25 flights. I dont fly intense 3D either just some rolls and a little inverted flight.
Th3UmBrA is offline Find More Posts by Th3UmBrA
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:53 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,203 Posts
I found another nasty little bugger in this tail belt gear. I went out for a quick flight at the park two days ago and still couldn't get either heli off the ground. I think one or two of my batteries maybe dead or low, haven't bother to check them yet. I did find that the gear on this heli was again spinning after gluing it with epoxy...so I took it home and took this apart last night. Here's what I found. I broken leg, and the reason the gear came unglued again is because the bearing or bushing on the top of the shaft was also getting stuck, really bad when i tried to turn it basically letting the shaft rotate. What is it will all these bearings, I don't know. So does the align 250 parts fit on this heli and are they any better? So now I have two birds down. A 250 and 450. The other 250 with the flymentor I need to reset again, the tail is all screwed up so I need to get that dialed in again and try it with another battery. Well it's better to find the problems now than when I'm actually in the middle of flying. So check your bearings people, just a heads up.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Jan 10, 2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:17 PM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal_The_Hacker View Post
I run a flybarless set up on one of my 180 class helis, and it flies OK, though ideally you want a 3 axis gyro, which adds a lot of weight.

its not really worth it on a heli as small as this, any weight/drag you save in the head, you will add with the 3 axis system.

I have not tried my flybarless 180 in forward flight, thats how little I trust it, i would never attempt to 3d it
Lol. This was posted way back in 2009. My how things have changed.
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:14 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoollia View Post
Just had my first "real" flight with my HK250 since I crashed it about a year ago. All repaired, running an HK FBL head with a ZYX-S gyro and 3.5 firmware.

I almost didn't go flying - it's -16C outside (about 3F). It was a bit warmer yesterday (-4C) and so I charged up the batteries. The forecast for today was -14C, but I decided to toss the heli in the car anyways. I really wanted to fly, and the cold here is dry and when it's sunny out the cold isn't too bad. The transmitter glove really helps!

What a great little flyer. I forgot how much I missed this little gem - the sound, the precision and the compact size. No inverted, just some tic-tocs, big loops, rolls and precision hovering. Simply awesome.

I do find the collective a little soft with the ZYX, I may try to fiddle with the pitch curve to make it a bit more responsive. Tail holds awesome with a little kick with the collective (I have 10pts of pre-comp, I may increase that to 15) and the stops are accurate with no bounce, but slightly soft. Cyclic control is fast and sharp. I'm running a flat 100% pitch curve with the Turnigy 4200kv motor (purchased a few years back, mind you).
Hi Brian,

I was going to put a zyx in my 250 but it was a very tight fit combined with my monster RX. Where did you put your zyx? Do you have any pics please
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:15 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post

dont forget the kevlar belt
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:48 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,779 Posts
How about the Manual? I found one for a Trex 250SE. I already have all the pieces and parts for it, but we'll talk about it later.

Lots of opinions, differing. What is wrong with the stock feathering shafts? Do they come apart in flight? Otherwise I don't expect them to survive a blade strike. Same for the belts...
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72