New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2015, 06:28 AM
Find More Posts by slaven
Joined Apr 2012
10 Posts
UDI / X-BUS with Cleanflight?

Hi there,

as some of you might have already heard, Jeti released a new firmware (V3.24) for their receivers, now supporting the UDI serial protocol up to 16 channels especially for multirotors. (See:

As of my understanding (and research sofar) UDI is the same as the X-BUS Mode B protocol, which already has been implemented in Cleanflight (

I figured that somehow it should be possible to make my Jeti RSAT2 receiver talk to my CC3D flight controller over the serial bus using UDI/XBUS Mode B. But not luck so far.

My assumption so far: Connecting the signal line from the receiver (which is configured to output UDI) to Pin 5 of the RX-Port on my CC3D, which is titled to be the soft serial RX pin. In Cleanflight I activated soft serial support, checked the Serial RX box on the "Ports" tab and I also configured RX_Serial with XBUX_MODE_B as Serial Receiver Provider.

Maybe I am completely mistake with how I approached the whole thing? Or is UDI just not working at all on CC3D respectively Cleanflight itself? Information seem to be very rare on this topic. Hope for your input!

slaven is offline Find More Posts by slaven
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2015, 08:23 AM
Find More Posts by kajakmannen
Gavle, Sweden
Joined Jul 2003
654 Posts
Any news on this topic also curious

BR, Kajaken
kajakmannen is online now Find More Posts by kajakmannen