Trader Rating: 11
Valiant Poultry
United States, MI, Jackson
Joined Apr 2012
1,022 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
FlyZone Tidewater Value??

Hey guys.

I've got a FlyZone Tidewater float plane that I'm looking to potentially move.

It's the TX-R version, but the receiver has been swapped out for (I THINK) an Orange RX receiver...but it MIGHT be a Spektrum 4 channel.

Anyways, I don't know if I would be better off selling just the plane and listing the receiver separately, or if I should just sell them both together.

For what it's worth, the plane is brand new. It's rear horizontal stabilizer has been eaten by my cat, but I've got a new one for it...just not put on it. It's got it's original box as well. I got it to fly it at the local lake, but this past year wasn't very cooperative for that, so I never got a chance to fly it at all, and I don't think I'll have the time to do it this summer.

They sell for new on Tower for $170-ish with the receiver. I was thinking of listing it for $110 shipped with the receiver, or probably $100 shipped without the receiver. Does this sound like a fair price?
Gimpdiggity is offline Find More Posts by Gimpdiggity
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2015, 05:20 PM
Find More Posts by twco
Trader Rating: 181
Master Deg. of "In Training"
United States, CA, Visalia
Joined Jan 2014
1,636 Posts
Trader Rating: 181
To me that sounds like it would sale since you have the shipping included. And yes I would list it both ways and sell the RX if it don't go with the plane.
twco is offline Find More Posts by twco
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2015, 05:34 PM
Find More Posts by Clive66
Trader Rating: 39
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined May 2011
3,455 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Popular water plane.

At 100.00 shipped, w/o the RX, it should sell very fast.
If it were mine, i would probably list it at 110.00 without the RX & i bet it still sells fast.
Even with the current 20.00 discount at Tower, it would still cost 150.00.
Didn't yours come with the Tactic RX ?
Clive66 is offline Find More Posts by Clive66
Old Mar 04, 2015, 04:35 AM
Find More Posts by StarHopper44
Trader Rating: 44
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
7,646 Posts
Trader Rating: 44
Save y'self some potential hassle & also offer a 'w/Rx' price. If it sells that way you save having to advertise it again, negotiations, separate shipping hassles & cost, yada yada.
Just be sure to accurately list what Rx it is -- that makes a huge difference for most folks.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member