SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by sonicjet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 09:47 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepEdge View Post
The New Beast 3D flies better than the mustang and smoother than the 4-site.
the New AS3X makes this bird so easy to fly but will still do all the cool 3d tricks. rolling harriers, beautiful and slow knife edges, good hovers and torque rolls, and even blenders and tumbles. I like it alot. I fly maining large 3DHS planes but I got this guy to buzz around the back yard and could not be happier. I have the 4-site and was not impressed , it is way to fragile for me.
Hearing this from a guy who fly's 3DHS makes me want it really bad. I Think my mom is getting me the new beast. My dad got me the 48" extra 330 epp from 3DHS, i am going to extreme rc hobbies (the are a distributor of 3DHS) tomarrow to get all the electronics for it.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2011, 08:06 AM
Rockford Illinois
Joined Jan 2008
2,327 Posts
Question: New micro dr1 or the parkzone f4u ? I have a dx6i And many other micros already.
danrc is offline Find More Posts by danrc
Old Jan 07, 2012, 08:36 PM
burn the envelope dont push it
United States, OK, Norman
Joined Aug 2011
64 Posts
The micro dr1 is a 3 channel I think so I would get the F4U. Unless 3 channel's what you prefer.
pkznpilot is offline Find More Posts by pkznpilot
Old Jan 07, 2012, 09:04 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
boo 3-ch
Old Jan 07, 2012, 09:08 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Nov 2010
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
boo 3-ch
With the exception of the night vapor!!!
ian145 is offline Find More Posts by ian145
Old Jan 07, 2012, 09:29 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian145 View Post
With the exception of the night vapor!!!
yea i will give the night vapor that, would if it had ailerons though, haha!
Old Jan 07, 2012, 11:26 PM
Rockford Illinois
Joined Jan 2008
2,327 Posts
Picked the f4u, very happy with it too!
danrc is offline Find More Posts by danrc
Old Jan 08, 2012, 12:23 PM
United States, NC, Pilot Mountain
Joined Oct 2011
198 Posts
Mastered the Champ and warming up nicely to the T-28. Still have some Christmas cash that, if I don't spend soon, will probably get mixed in with household money. For what I want to do, I am considering either a Sukhoi or Beast.

I have several 1S batteries so that drives my to the SU.. and the plane itself is substantially cheaper. But the stabilization system almost too much to ignore. The prevailing wind direction and the landscape around my seem to make for some turbulent air in my fly-space (but I know where the worst places always seem to be). I also like the BL motor. I have had no motor issue with my planes but the BL has to last longer.

My issue and hesitation regarding the Beast is that it appear more fragile. I almost always land in grass so the servos could be an issue too.

So, other than what I have already mentioned, what does the Beast do better then the Sukhoi, in flight?

BTW, since there are many absolute beginners looking at this(I consider myself an advanced beginner). I will add that I can't imagine learning this hobby easier than starting with a Champ then moving to the T-28. I didn't crash the T-28 until I began to fly inverted. The first damage this plane saw was from me landing in grass with the landing gear on. It pushed the front gear into the foam and cracked it.
Ikankrachuhmoll is online now Find More Posts by Ikankrachuhmoll
Old Jan 08, 2012, 01:10 PM
Joined Nov 2010
509 Posts
I would go with the beast! I also started with the champ then the t28, both are great planes to learn on! I have a v1 beast, and I have gotten too close to a building and hit that, then it fell about 7ft to the concrete ground and nothing was broken! So it is pretty durable I think that e-flite planes have much higher quality, and it has a bL motor and as3x! Also the Beast looks soo much nicer!
Old Jan 08, 2012, 05:02 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
+1 beast v2
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:41 PM
You Won't Know till You Try
Outer Banks, NC
Joined Nov 2009
193 Posts
I Had the sukhoi and it is actually more fragile than the beast. as far as micro planes go. I have the T-28,Corsair, 4-site,Extra 300, Stryker,Mustang, Sukhoi and the V2 Beast. I like the t-28, stryker and beast the best. not in that order. The Extra and 4-site are way to fragile. both had something crack or break in the first day or so(Extra hit the frig while inverted harriers around the house...) Corsair sukhoi and mustang fly very much the same. and the t-28 is too easy. the stryker is tons of fun and the beast is freakin great. That AS3X helps alot in the wind. I live on the ocean front and have a normal average winds arouund 20mph. A good flying day around here is with the wind around 10-15. The beast handles it like a champ. My next micro will be the GeeBee and HyperTaxi( Looks like fun).
CreepEdge is offline Find More Posts by CreepEdge
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:40 AM
United States, NC, Pilot Mountain
Joined Oct 2011
198 Posts
Since I have started flying (sept) I have been thinking about whether or not to take a plane to the beach the summer. I have flown in some wind with the T, in fact I was about to intentionally put it in the grass about a 1/4 mile away from me, down wind. I may be able to handle it on a relatively calm beach day. We go a little farther south than you locale,, Long Beach. If I take the plane, will only fly it with the PWC standing by as a rescue option.

The B is looking like the answer. I had it in my head that the Suk was more agile and able than either the Mustang or the Corsair.
Ikankrachuhmoll is online now Find More Posts by Ikankrachuhmoll
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:51 AM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Hi I'm looking for a slow micro rtf plane that can be flown indoors, or with no wind outdoors. Is the parkzone night vapor a good choice?
1682ec is offline Find More Posts by 1682ec
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:03 AM
Joined Nov 2010
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1682ec View Post
Hi I'm looking for a slow micro rtf plane that can be flown indoors, or with no wind outdoors. Is the parkzone night vapor a good choice?
Yes! I LOVE my night vapor!!! I fly it all the time, in my living room, in my yard, and almost everywhere Also its so fun flying at night outside when there is no wind, It looks like a ufo when its really high up. Its really durable if you cut throttle when you crash, but since it has a brushed motor, it will need to be changed eventually for about 10$ and 5 minutes to hot glue it on.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 04:08 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
i would say you motor will go out 2 months at the shortest time.