SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 18, 2007, 09:38 AM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,081 Posts
Discussion
A little disappointed

This was my first RC show, and after everything I've seen on others, I was disappointed. It was a complete hobby show, and although the RC stuff was separate from the trains and other hobbies, the RC section itself was a hodgepodge. It would have been nice if cars and planes had separate sections. Also, many vendors couldn't speak english, so I often couldn't get more info! Another vendor had a really interesting F-14 EDF, complete with swing wings, but when I asked him about it, he said he had no info on the plane. (?) I tried to do a search on what I thought the manufacturer's name was, but no luck. Add in the mile away parking, and I probably won't come back next year.

Are other shows like "Weak Signals" better?
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2007, 01:49 PM
AMA 6418
New Stanton, Pa.
Joined Jan 2004
2,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo
This was my first RC show, and after everything I've seen on others, I was disappointed. It was a complete hobby show, and although the RC stuff was separate from the trains and other hobbies, the RC section itself was a hodgepodge. It would have been nice if cars and planes had separate sections. Also, many vendors couldn't speak english, so I often couldn't get more info! Another vendor had a really interesting F-14 EDF, complete with swing wings, but when I asked him about it, he said he had no info on the plane. (?) I tried to do a search on what I thought the manufacturer's name was, but no luck. Add in the mile away parking, and I probably won't come back next year.

Are other shows like "Weak Signals" better?
YES Weak Signals is the best!!!!

...Keith...
Keith Wilson is offline Find More Posts by Keith Wilson
Old Nov 18, 2007, 09:40 PM
China
Joined Sep 2007
1 Posts
oh, i am sorry to hear that! Some vendors could not speak English, it is too surprise for me!
easternrcmodel is offline Find More Posts by easternrcmodel
Old Nov 18, 2007, 11:25 PM
c/f
Joined Jan 2004
3,315 Posts
I hobby is mainly a trade show for dealers to hobby retailers which occurrs on THURS/FRI, in order to get the large venue contract they are required to have it open thru the weekend and general public access. Thats why there is no show floor selling and why some vendors don't even man their booths on SAT/SUN.

Thats the explenation given to me, Toledo is the OSHKOSH of trade shows for R/c tailored to the general public with selling on show floor and a HUGE second level swap meet going on concurrently with show, AND dont forget to attend the auction, it is nutz.........
c/f is offline Find More Posts by c/f
Old Nov 20, 2007, 01:26 AM
CHICAGO
Joined Feb 2004
1,616 Posts
I know who you are talking about with that F14, he was talking to everybody and their cat, giving prices and quotason first day. As soon as he got what he wanted, meaning a big fish distributor, he did not talk to anyone anymore. He was just there playing with his planes the rest of the show.

Dan
supi7 is offline Find More Posts by supi7
Old Nov 20, 2007, 01:45 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,825 Posts
2006 was my first year and it was definately better than this years .. there were more RC Airplanes there in 2006 .. i do enjoy looking at everything but my main interest is Flying RC .. I Hobby just sent me a Survey and one of the questions was if i thought that the different branches of hobbys should have different shows .. i dont think it will happen but its a nice idea ..
Vyceroy is offline Find More Posts by Vyceroy