SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:04 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
Gotta love the Taylorcraft!
How do you guys store your planes, I have mine hanging from picture frame hangers.
DogFly. is offline Find More Posts by DogFly.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:41 PM
Just having fun
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
2,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFly. View Post
How do you guys store your planes, I have mine hanging from picture frame hangers.
I have my planes hanging from the ceiling above my desk. In the picture, from left to right, are a 3DHS 41" Vyper Bype, a 3DHS 47" Extra 300 SHP, and my gorgeous E-Flite Taylorcraft 450. On the top shelf of the book shelf there is a HobbyZone Champ UM, a ParkZone Ember2, and an old E-Flight CX2 helicopter. The CX2 is what got me into RC flying. It still flys great but I seldom fly it.

In my garage I have a GWS Slow Stick with LED lights for night flying, a GWS E-Starter (a favorite foam plane of mine), and a GWS P-51 Mustang with retracts.

I am satisfied with my hangar. I have nothing on my mind to add at this time except another GWS E-Starter that will be painted "my way".

Freddy
Fredriksson is offline Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:41 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
I have a "few" others, that pic was only one wall.
The 2 other planes in the pic are older Extreme flight, Edge540, Extra300, still fly great!
DogFly. is offline Find More Posts by DogFly.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:19 AM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFly. View Post
Ceiling, walls, shelves, closets, coffee table, garage, storage, etc...anywhere and everywhere the better half will tolerate for a brief amount of time. My currently flown stuff gets hung in my bedroom and gets rotated around with other flying planes from storage or the garage. Right now on my bedroom ceiling I have the tcraft, 42in slick, maxford albatross, and an eflite Cessna 150 aerobat. Also a stack of micros scattered about the house and arranged closer to the back door are the ones I fly more often.

Mendo
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:41 AM
Lusby, MD 20657
Joined Mar 2001
502 Posts
Has any mounted Dubro skies on this plane?
pdansalvish is offline Find More Posts by pdansalvish
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:53 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredriksson View Post
I have my planes hanging from the ceiling above my desk. In the picture, from left to right, are a 3DHS 41" Vyper Bype, a 3DHS 47" Extra 300 SHP, and my gorgeous E-Flite Taylorcraft 450. On the top shelf of the book shelf there is a HobbyZone Champ UM, a ParkZone Ember2, and an old E-Flight CX2 helicopter. The CX2 is what got me into RC flying. It still flys great but I seldom fly it.

In my garage I have a GWS Slow Stick with LED lights for night flying, a GWS E-Starter (a favorite foam plane of mine), and a GWS P-51 Mustang with retracts.

I am satisfied with my hangar. I have nothing on my mind to add at this time except another GWS E-Starter that will be painted "my way".

Freddy
Are you sure ???? dont you want one of these ???
HorizonRC.com Preview: Hangar 9 Toledo Special (5 min 2 sec)
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:54 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,712 Posts
Couldnt resist its like teasing a dog with a plate of bacon lol
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:49 PM
Just having fun
Joined Feb 2008
2,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
Couldnt resist its like teasing a dog with a plate of bacon lol
I am having second thoughts now.

Freddy
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:41 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,712 Posts
Quote:
I am having second thoughts now.

Freddy
Ha ha,,,i knew id get ya ,,,Here is the link to the thread and it runs nice on electric setup too http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1114509
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:29 PM
Just having fun
Joined Feb 2008
2,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
Ha ha,,,i knew id get ya ,,,Here is the link to the thread and it runs nice on electric setup too http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1114509
My second thoughts - I have seen that Toledo Special fly. A friend of mine had one with an IC power system. A nice, pretty plane. Being a top wing GA plane it flew a lot like the TC. And I have a TC. But the Toledo Special is an impressive plane. Just not as pretty as the E-Flite Taylorcraft. And, the Toledo Special will not fit in my van with the wing on. The TC fits in my van very nicely.

Freddy
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:46 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,712 Posts
Quote:
My second thoughts - I have seen that Toledo Special fly. A friend of mine had one with an IC power system. A nice, pretty plane. Being a top wing GA plane it flew a lot like the TC. And I have a TC. But the Toledo Special is an impressive plane. Just not as pretty as the E-Flite Taylorcraft. And, the Toledo Special will not fit in my van with the wing on. The TC fits in my van very nicely.

Freddy
Its like a TC with a rocket up its ass Very agile and super fast and slippery in the air and can be flown in the wind with better results.ill have one one day.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:22 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jan 2013
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fokker Ace View Post
I'm sure the T-Craft will fit the bill. The 450 will be plenty powerful for what you describe above. The weight savings will only help, too.
Isn't the Hacker A20-22L a better motor with even more weight savings?
torg12 is offline Find More Posts by torg12
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:34 PM
Just having fun
Joined Feb 2008
2,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torg12 View Post
Isn't the Hacker A20-22L a better motor with even more weight savings?
Hacker A20-22L better than the E-Flite Park 450? That is debatable. Both E-Flite and Hacker are high end motors. The Hacker is 15 grams lighter and has a great reputation. In the end, I think the Hacker would be a reasonable choice for the Taylorcraft 450.

If you do it, let us know how it turns out and what else you use for the power system.

Freddy
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:08 AM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,750 Posts
I am getting tired from all this waiting on those tail wheels to come in!!! :-)
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:35 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jan 2013
23 Posts
Sure will Freddy - Thanks bud!
torg12 is offline Find More Posts by torg12