HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 25, 2002, 02:18 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,940 Posts
Redesigned DuBro mini EZ connectors :(

I usually don't try to start a public crusade to influence a vendor, but for those of you who are dismayed as I about the new "improved" DuBro #845 mini EZ-connectors, take a look at this thread in Open Discussion http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=53191 then perhaps let DuBro know what you think.

Their site for R/C stuff is http://www.dubro.com/rc_home.shtml

The illustration in their on-line shop shows the original ones. There are pictures clearly showing the change in the Open Discussion thread mentioned above.

Bernard Cawley
BEC is online now Find More Posts by BEC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2002, 03:21 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
I noticed the last time I went to my LHS that the "new" designs had replaced the old ones. Then the trip I made after that, the "new" ones were gone and the peg was full of the old style again! I was really confused after that, but stocked up on the old ones since they were there.

When I started using these a few months back I was convinced they would not hold being just a press-in fit, but I have never once had a problem with them. Now I'm sold on them! I don't see why they need to "fix" something that already worked so well.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Jul 25, 2002, 03:35 PM
Oak Harbor, Oh
Joined Jun 2001
664 Posts
I have to agree that the old design was great. They worked great with my Hitec 55 and gws control horns. I've used the standard ez connectors but had to grind the tops down some in order for the screw to hit the wire.

I'm sending them an email

Tim
T_Hartigan is offline Find More Posts by T_Hartigan
Old Jul 25, 2002, 03:37 PM
Idaho
Joined May 2002
1,067 Posts
connectors and control arms

I've been using the #845 connectors and haven't had any problems with them. The bigger problem is finding the Hitec arms with the small holes. You can buy a Hitec repair kit and get the small hole arms, but the price is about 1/3 the cost of buying a new servo! It sure would be nice if mfgrs would get together and see to it that bits and pieces go together and are made available. The guys at the LHS just shrug and expect you to buy what they have available instead of what you really need. It is truly exasperating when you can't get there from here

JT
DEPENDS is offline Find More Posts by DEPENDS