HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2013, 11:35 AM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2008
869 Posts
Discussion
Recent developments with Taiwan Tornado

After long consideration and in light of recent complaints by other members around the world about the failure of service, communications and product delivery by Taiwan Tornado, I have decided to share what has happened recently to Taiwan Tornado in their home market of Taiwan, so that people who are thinking of doing business with them can take these facts into consideration. In short, Taiwan Tornado has been ostracized in Taiwan due to the following events:

In March this year (2013), Taiwan Tornado offered their customers in Taiwan a group purchase deal of T$30,000 (US$1,000) for a PNP package for the JTM Viper, claiming that they were partnering with JTM to develop both EDF/motor and retracts for JTM and since this would be their first "experimental package", Taiwan Tornado were offering this low price on a one-time basis to promote the package. A total of 10 customers, including myself, pre-paid in full for this package.

In June, Taiwan Tornado said they were unable to deliver the products to us because JTM had reneged on the deal with them, but Taiwan Tornado claimed that they would be able to secure some JTM planes from another JTM distributor so if we were willing to wait longer, Taiwan Tornado would still make good on the deal. At this point seven out of the original 10 customers decided to get a refund, while the three, including myself, opted to wait.

An extended, unexplained delay ensued at this point, with no active communication originating from Taiwan Tornado for several months. Finally, after repeated communication attempts from the three of us, Taiwan Tornado told us that they had successfully delivered our three planes to Taiwan and had begun working with a Skymaster builder to assemble the planes for us. We asked for some sort of proof that they really had the planes - e.g. photos of the planes or contact info for the Skymaster builder - but they refused to provide any. A few months later, when the planes were nowhere to be seen and after numerous failed attempts from us to contact Taiwan Tornado, they finally returned our messages and claimed that the builder was "working slowly because he had other commitments".

At this point, in September, we decided to call their bluff - we told Taiwan Tornado that since they were claiming that they had the planes and the only reason they could not deliver them to us was due to assembly delay, we wanted to take the planes and all the PNP electronic components, and assemble everything ourselves, with the total price unchanged at US$1,000 (in other words, they would get to save on assembly cost, so it would be a no-brainer deal for them with absolutely no downside). When Taiwan Tornado refused to even respond to this offer, we concluded with 100% certainty that they had been lying to us the whole time, and they never had the planes. While they did refund our money promptly afterwards, the fact that for over half a year we were expecting to get a top-quality PNP JTM Viper package for US$1,000, only to find out that we had been lied to, has left a severe bad taste in our mouth. JTM later told us that they never had any agreement with Taiwan Tornado to work together on this deal.

Meanwhile, Taiwan Tornado also had offered a similar group purchase deal on the recently released R2F Yak-130 in April (one month after they offered the JTM Viper deal). To this day, they have not delivered any Yak, and have not responded to numerous public inquiries on Flying Pizza, Taiwan's most popular RC discussion board on which Taiwan Tornado had announced the two group purchase offers, since October about this plane from pre-paid customers. While some of these customers have sought and received refunds, others have elected to continue to wait for now.

Please go to the Taiwan Tornado 120MM discussion thread for another customer (not from Taiwan)'s recent experience in dealing with Taiwan Tornado.

Best,
Kevin
kchen95 is online now Find More Posts by kchen95
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2013, 03:28 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchen95 View Post
After long consideration and in light of recent complaints by other members around the world about the failure of service, communications and product delivery by Taiwan Tornado, I have decided to share what has happened recently to Taiwan Tornado in their home market of Taiwan, so that people who are thinking of doing business with them can take these facts into consideration. In short, Taiwan Tornado has been ostracized in Taiwan due to the following events:

In March this year (2013), Taiwan Tornado offered their customers in Taiwan a group purchase deal of T$30,000 (US$1,000) for a PNP package for the JTM Viper, claiming that they were partnering with JTM to develop both EDF/motor and retracts for JTM and since this would be their first "experimental package", Taiwan Tornado were offering this low price on a one-time basis to promote the package. A total of 10 customers, including myself, pre-paid in full for this package.

In June, Taiwan Tornado said they were unable to deliver the products to us because JTM had reneged on the deal with them, but Taiwan Tornado claimed that they would be able to secure some JTM planes from another JTM distributor so if we were willing to wait longer, Taiwan Tornado would still make good on the deal. At this point seven out of the original 10 customers decided to get a refund, while the three, including myself, opted to wait.

An extended, unexplained delay ensued at this point, with no active communication originating from Taiwan Tornado for several months. Finally, after repeated communication attempts from the three of us, Taiwan Tornado told us that they had successfully delivered our three planes to Taiwan and had begun working with a Skymaster builder to assemble the planes for us. We asked for some sort of proof that they really had the planes - e.g. photos of the planes or contact info for the Skymaster builder - but they refused to provide any. A few months later, when the planes were nowhere to be seen and after numerous failed attempts from us to contact Taiwan Tornado, they finally returned our messages and claimed that the builder was "working slowly because he had other commitments".

At this point, in September, we decided to call their bluff - we told Taiwan Tornado that since they were claiming that they had the planes and the only reason they could not deliver them to us was due to assembly delay, we wanted to take the planes and all the PNP electronic components, and assemble everything ourselves, with the total price unchanged at US$1,000 (in other words, they would get to save on assembly cost, so it would be a no-brainer deal for them with absolutely no downside). When Taiwan Tornado refused to even respond to this offer, we concluded with 100% certainty that they had been lying to us the whole time, and they never had the planes. While they did refund our money promptly afterwards, the fact that for over half a year we were expecting to get a top-quality PNP JTM Viper package for US$1,000, only to find out that we had been lied to, has left a severe bad taste in our mouth. JTM later told us that they never had any agreement with Taiwan Tornado to work together on this deal.

Meanwhile, Taiwan Tornado also had offered a similar group purchase deal on the recently released R2F Yak-130 in April (one month after they offered the JTM Viper deal). To this day, they have not delivered any Yak, and have not responded to numerous public inquiries on Flying Pizza, Taiwan's most popular RC discussion board on which Taiwan Tornado had announced the two group purchase offers, since October about this plane from pre-paid customers. While some of these customers have sought and received refunds, others have elected to continue to wait for now.

Please go to the Taiwan Tornado 120MM discussion thread for another customer (not from Taiwan)'s recent experience in dealing with Taiwan Tornado.

Best,
Kevin
As I mentioned on the other discussion thread, we also have been cheated out of thousands of dollars on a May 2013 order for EDF units we placed. Sadly we will have to take the loss, as we don't think we will ever see the product.
If you start any legal action or file complaints to the ROC Government, we like to participate with you on those complaints

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:52 AM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2008
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
As I mentioned on the other discussion thread, we also have been cheated out of thousands of dollars on a May 2013 order for EDF units we placed. Sadly we will have to take the loss, as we don't think we will ever see the product.
If you start any legal action or file complaints to the ROC Government, we like to participate with you on those complaints

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Max, sorry about your experience I'm not sure if a lawsuit originating from Taiwan is likely because the bottom line is, all the Taiwanese customers who have asked for their money back so far have gotten their money back - in other words, Taiwan Tornado hasn't gone as far as running off with Taiwanese people's money (although I'm beginning to think that they may be refunding Taiwan customers with the money they've gotten from international vendors like you, since I know at least two other international vendors who have paid money to them and have not gotten what they paid for, with no refund).

Kevin
kchen95 is online now Find More Posts by kchen95
Old Dec 21, 2013, 06:24 PM
Joined Dec 2013
1 Posts
Hi Max,

We to have been ripped off by TW tornado. We put in a order for edf units, wheels and wheel brakes. We were send the wheels but nothing else. We keep getting promises about our order being posted soon but always delayed. They are lyres and I hope they get what's coming to them. My company and I are now on a mission to make sure that no one buys there products.

Kevin
SC models
SCModels is offline Find More Posts by SCModels
Old Dec 30, 2013, 08:36 AM
Joined Feb 2011
192 Posts
It was a RIP off in the first place... there rotors make no more power than a plastic rotor! I don't care if there rotors are good to 100k RPM. There are no affordable motor that can go over 60k. sorry to hear about the problems I never carried there fans in my store thank god, I almost did.. but Lander has been great.

This must be why Jack left the company.. but I still see him doing some deals...
latinajet is offline Find More Posts by latinajet
Old Jan 14, 2014, 08:46 AM
Daytona Beach
Joined Oct 2003
75 Posts
Add Dreamworks Model Products to the long list of ripped off customers.... Nothing but thieving pond scum...
Still waiting on products paid for in June. Nothing but lies and excuses. Buyer Beware!
lov2flyrc is offline Find More Posts by lov2flyrc