HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Sep 10, 2013, 04:54 PM
Ohio
Joined Oct 2003
464 Posts
I've noticed that I have become desensitized to my 9c's alarm. I believe that it has already been stated that the new radio will not have a vibrating alarm but there would be an output on the board for such a device. Recently I looked on ebay and noticed phone vibrators listed that are very inexpensive. I'm wondering if a phone vibrator could be installed in the radio by the customer?
MickeyMoo is online now Find More Posts by MickeyMoo
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:29 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,939 Posts
Yes, it will be an option that will be available.

Some people have noticed this already so I figured I would point out that many months ago we changed the scope of the transmitter. It will be possible to use this transmitter with Spektrum, Hitec, Futaba, JR DMSS, and other brand formats/receivers if you upgrade the RF module (internal) to the multi-protocol version. This means one box will handle just about every format known.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
the upgrade is hardware or software?...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:44 PM
Ohio
Joined Oct 2003
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
if you upgrade the RF module (internal) to the multi-protocol version.
Sounds hardware to me.

Would be nice if the model could be saved with the needed protocol and the Tx would switch formats as required.
MickeyMoo is online now Find More Posts by MickeyMoo
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:29 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,939 Posts
The RF module can be upgraded to support other protocols. Programming is the same for all formats, and every model can be different protocols. So, you could have some models for Bind-n-fly aircraft, some for the Hobbico type, etc.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2013, 08:17 AM
Joined Dec 2007
240 Posts
I believe the release of the TX is not soon yet as the functional software for the TX is not in house yet.
So this RF module that you speak of is that something XPS is making?
Uff-Da RC is offline Find More Posts by Uff-Da RC
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:13 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,939 Posts
As I have stated numerous times, there is no release date. It's not (and has never been) a priority project. Providing receivers and expanders has always been *my* priority, which is where much of the conflict came in my partnership. The new receivers and expanders should have come out two years ago, instead of any work being done on a transmitter. I also never wanted an actual transmitter box, just replacement boards for existing boxes. This makes way more sense from a business stand point. However, since we have already spent an incredible amount of time and money getting towards the transmitter box of our own, that path will be taken.

The multi-protocol RF module is something that we have already made. To expand our market I will be supporting all RF protocols, with the idea of our link reliability and receiver pricing pulling people towards our system and allowing them backwards compatibility.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:45 AM
House of Paine
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2007
2,210 Posts
The multi-protocol is an outstanding idea! As you've said it will make transition to XPS protocol easier and allow folks to use one radio for various BNF type stuff.

I currently have a 9303 DSMX, an Anylink for some BNF, one A9 with Hitec module, and one A9 with XPS module. I'd buy an XPS multi module for my A9 in a heartbeat but still very much look forward to the 3216 (with multi) as well as it still has some very compelling features beyond multi-protocol.
weaser42 is online now Find More Posts by weaser42
Old Sep 11, 2013, 05:50 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,939 Posts
Consolidation is the goal.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 12, 2013, 01:47 AM
Memb DEAF R/C
Dallas, TX
Joined Nov 2005
1,103 Posts
One more question Jim, this multimode RF scheme, when in Spektrum mode, will it be DSM2/DSMX or just DSMX??

Also, I was not looking for a release date as I know you do not release one, but just a inkling as to this year or 2014.
RonR214 is offline Find More Posts by RonR214
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:18 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonR214 View Post
One more question Jim, this multimode RF scheme, when in Spektrum mode, will it be DSM2/DSMX or just DSMX??

The multi-protocol internal module will support XtremeLink, JR DMSS, Spektrum DSM/2/X, Hitec AFHSS, Futaba Fasst, Futaba S-FHSS, Hobbico Anylink, Graupner Hott, FrSky, and a few of the other integrated 2.4GHz systems used by the multi-rotor setups that come with a transmitter. Basically, anything that uses the Atmel, Cypress, or TI RF chipsets can be supported.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:44 AM
Huntsville, AL
Joined Oct 2007
174 Posts
Will the multi-protocol internal module also provide support for telemetry readout and sensor scaling for all of these systems?
DoeHillFlyer is online now Find More Posts by DoeHillFlyer
Old Sep 12, 2013, 02:23 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,939 Posts
Yes.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 12, 2013, 03:14 PM
Memb DEAF R/C
Dallas, TX
Joined Nov 2005
1,103 Posts
Thanks
RonR214 is offline Find More Posts by RonR214
Old Sep 12, 2013, 06:28 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
The multi-protocol internal module will support XtremeLink, JR DMSS, Spektrum DSM/2/X, Hitec AFHSS, Futaba Fasst, Futaba S-FHSS, Hobbico Anylink, Graupner Hott, FrSky, and a few of the other integrated 2.4GHz systems used by the multi-rotor setups that come with a transmitter. Basically, anything that uses the Atmel, Cypress, or TI RF chipsets can be supported.
How do you anticipate this will affect the price?
Does the multi-protocol module have one of each of the chipsets ?
Will you make a pluggable module with the same multi-protocol capability (and I guess some DIP switches to select the protocol)?
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Closed Thread